By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Weapons] About give some specialization to weapon kinds?

By JonTurk - MEMBER - August 09, 2019, 02:23:56

is it better for all classes to give some weapon advantages about thier kinds?
if player casts weapon skill,
 One-Hand weapons;
 Card  : -%3 block and %6 Critic Hit to target.
 Wand  : Stabilizes, Switches Lock and dodge values of target.  
 Hand  : 2 ap and -1 wp to targets.
 Sword :pushes 1 tile and %-100 damage inflected with weapon skill and 50 elemantal resist to target. 
 Staff : %3 block and %-6 Critic hit to target.
 Two-Hand Weapons;
 Shovel:-1 range and +1 mp to targets. 
 Bow   :-1 mp and +1 range to targets;
 Axe   : %-10 damage inflected and 1ap to target;
 Hammer: %10 damage inflected and -1ap to targets.
 Sword :  pushes 1 tile and %100 damage inflected with weapon and -50 elemantal resist to target.  
 Staff : Heals and %50 incures the target;
And it will be better to cast light element to damage mobs by weapon skill if classes havenot got an element in their spells to kill some bosses.Example- Light element is water element for rogues if rogue casts weapon skill on a boss which invulnerable to other 3 elements. 

Light element be detected by weakest element resistance of boss. 

0 -1
Reactions 5
Score : 5018

That is way too much utility and power, there are sublimations with way less power then what you are suggesting.

But I do like the idea that weapons do damage in the element your class doesn't have.
On the other hand "weakest resistance of the boss" is already an element, it's called stasis.

4 0
Score : -10

to make clear, Sublims give buff to you and they have got conditions mostly ,this is "weapon damage spell" which you cast it on targets (opponent or ally) by "damaging weapon" or "healing weapon"  and this action will give some advantage to targets with disadvantage and some of them  pull ,push, steal ap-mp and ofc "light damage" specialities against targets by using this weapon kinds.

At this point ,classes like rogue can enter ice floe as solo to use a hammer kind and bomb to steal ap,mp by casting weapon skill ofc this will give  %10 damage inf. to boss for turn.

Or Other  classes who has got less lock than their dodge can enter wa by using a  wand.

And about Light damage;you are right ,it must be "weakest element of heroes for some classes" and must be "4th element" of heroes for other classes instead of  weakest element resistance of bosses. 

0 -1
Score : 5018

So you are suggesting that instead of just dealing damage, each weapon also grants a specific spell?

I mean it's not a bad idea, but some classes are designed to lack certain tools and giving players such a wide array of abilities to pick from might break the balance.

1 0
Score : 2890

I feel like it would have been a decent suggestion before the enchantment system arrived. Right now I feel like it would "overlap" (?) with Sublimations and wouldn't shine.

Personally, I'd prefer if Ankama added strategic effects to the weapons based on some concepts from the Beta or spells that were removed through the years. For example Iops used to have a very cool ability that let them spin using their 1-handed sword to attack adjacent enemies and Sacriers could throw a 2-handed sword like a Harpoon (too bad it didn't have an animation back then). Maybe bring back the "Fissure" an Iop earth spell could create as secondary effect for Hammers after attacking (a cell that deals dmg at the end of the enemy's turn).

The Bygone Hand and Nation Swords are good examples. Add special effect to weapons or bring back the Weapon Branches to the game so you could do more diverse things with them.

1 0
Score : -10

cody5|2019-08-10 17:46:06
So you are suggesting that instead of just dealing damage, each weapon also grants a specific spell?

I mean it's not a bad idea, but some classes are designed to lack certain tools and giving players such a wide array of abilities to pick from might break the balance.

@Cody5, This weapon kinds still may keep balances between classes because hand sword has got less resistances than 2 handed swords or other weapons have got diffent ranges,resists,critic values etc. and i noticed that few players use weapon cast spell, mostly they dont remember it to use ,maybe it is a bit high ap cost about worth but itis still a spell at your spellbar.
Yes bygone hand has got a passive ,you can buff 1-2 ap to your allies for 6 ap or at sametime it can damage foe in range.As i said,weapon kinds damage a foe but not opponents and give advantage and disavantage to target(not bearer).it shows similar effects if allies in range for area weapons like hammer.BUT Mostly i suggested this topic to add missing abilities to classes to complete dungeon if theyare soloand you still talked about enchanment system and sublims. Is there a sublim or an ability to steal ap from bosses for rogues or similar kind classes without forcing them to complete quests,story or proffesion?? After 80 level dungeons ,Mobs are already annoying about 15 mp buff or etc.buffs while your sidekicks are really useless.
0 0
Respond to this thread