By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Gameplay suggestion: In-game Bestiary

By Granthese - MEMBER - July 10, 2019, 08:35:20

Something that could make a nice addition to the game could be, as the title said, a bestiary inside the game. It would work similar to a "pokedex", where winning a fight against the monster will immediatly register his data on the pages.  Each page could contain name, elemental resistances, elemental mastery, item drops, location and so on.

The Bestiary could also be divided in 3 tabs: regular monsters, enviromental monsters and bosses/archbosses, with the bosses pages having an extra page for notes if you want to write down important things like their mechanic or reminders. Each bestiary would be individual to the player's main account (so basicaly even with heroes, one bestiary per player). With also the option to sort monsters by alphabetical or level order, or even sort by map (which would be alphabetical, of course). An added feature could be an alarm to tell the player when an enviromental monster they previously encountered is back up in the game so they can capitalize on the enviromental quest it brings, raising the competition and activity.

To encourage the use of it, the bestiary could reward players filling it, perhaps every 20, 50 monster registered, you would unlock a reward like a title, costume, harness, etc. Each monster gives a token and you exchange or you level up with the pages, the possibilities are endless. This way, players would have a quick way to check info on the monsters and also a simple grinding to occupy their time that doesn't require too much repetitive tasks or sideway leveling.

Design wise, each page could have the monster's stat box you access when you right-click the monster in battle, no need for something too complicated, the box already carries all vital information for battles, while added in item drops, location and for the bosses, the status they carry and apply on players. After all, if you won the fight, you deserve to know every bit of info from it and an extra space to write what you though about it or a reminder of it's mechanic if you can't remember it easily *coughcough*Sham Moon*coughcough*

Just had an idea for a fourth section in the bestiary: Gods.
Somehow players could unlock pages about all the gods in the world of twelve, including minors like the monthly deities (Jiva, Djaul, Raval...) in the Almanax. These pages would contain their general Lore and official Wakfu Artwork. Unlocking those pages would be more of a reward since we don't really fight them in the game (yet... hopefuly) and unlocking their pages could come with something special like am emblem, costume, etc.

by the way, just want to share this soundtrack from Wakfu I was listening while making this post, it's beautiful yet quite hard to find in the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IG0OndCuGo

7 0
Reactions 14
Score : 3133

Having the encyclopedia and bestiary in the game would be so amazing. One can dream.

1 0
Score : 695
Alternative Suggestion: Collectible Monster Card
After a fight you get a chance to drop a monster card.
You can place your card collection on the Beastiary Album.
It can be sold and traded
It can be used to play a card mini-game

Each card shows monster datas like:
-Monster artwork
-Monster description/trivia
-Fight behavior/AI set
-Stats
-Spells
-Resources it drops/drop rate%
-Card rarity/drop rate%
-Base card price and actual card price in market.

PS: Some NPC would also award their card if you complete some quest.
Collectible cards are the best way to keep OC like me from enjoying a game. 

With this system, you can buy cards to have tactical data that can be useful in trying to defeat monsters that you have not yet fought.
6 -1
Score : 1826

You deserve two awards, one for your idea, and another one in case you lose the first one.

0 0
Score : 3106

It'd be great if it showed their spells and cost, it would be super useful for clases that can manipulate APs, MPs and Range to know how useful your debuffs are and what actions you are actually blocking on the monster.

0 0
Score : -130

where will you storage all this data in server for each member???game is nnot local remember ?vand free accont creating. and already dungeon screen shows some data

0 -1
Score : 1826

All this data would be pre-existing inside the game, the players would just UNLOCK it on their bestiaries, it wouldn't add info, but rather reveal it. Plus this is just text data, the lightest, easiest data to have by the thousands without consuming too much space. And what about "free account creating"? To make so players don't get an advantage for having heroes, the bestiary would be one for the player, regardless hero system. And yea, the Dungeon screen shows some data.. SOME! There is nowhere in the game you can see the data of the monster outside the fight, nowhere showing where they spawn, what they drop or even their spells.

1 0
Score : 3133

Gunnerwolfang|2019-07-10 01:09:58
Alternative Suggestion: Collectible Monster Card
After a fight you get a chance to drop a monster card.
You can place your card collection on the Beastiary Album.
It can be sold and traded
It can be used to play a card mini-game

Each card shows monster datas like:
-Monster artwork
-Monster description/trivia
-Fight behavior/AI set
-Stats
-Spells
-Resources it drops/drop rate%
-Card rarity/drop rate%
-Base card price and actual card price in market.

PS: Some NPC would also award their card if you complete some quest.
Collectible cards are the best way to keep OC like me from enjoying a game. 

With this system, you can buy cards to have tactical data that can be useful in trying to defeat monsters that you have not yet fought.

omg a collectable card game in wakfu..... that sounds incredible. 
0 0

In the Dofus era, there is actually a card game in the game lore called "Tragic: The Gardening". I think for the Wakfu era its equivalent would be the "Krosmaga". Unfortunately, krosmaga is a separate game and not incorporated into the game. 

To get back on topic....
Game bestiary is usually the way the OP suggested, wherein the info is unlocked after beating the monsters. I made my alternative suggestion because I personally feel that it would be better if there is a way for monsters info to be available before you actually beat monsters. That info would be very useful in fighting very powerful monsters. And it would be rewarding for players who defeat difficult monsters if they can sell those valuable info to others by selling monster card. Knowledge is power, and in a tactical game, any valuable info should be worth kamas.

2 0
Score : -130

Granthese|2019-07-11 06:47:54
All this data would be pre-existing inside the game, the players would just UNLOCK it on their bestiaries, it wouldn't add info, but rather reveal it. Plus this is just text data, the lightest, easiest data to have by the thousands without consuming too much space. And what about "free account creating"? To make so players don't get an advantage for having heroes, the bestiary would be one for the player, regardless hero system. And yea, the Dungeon screen shows some data.. SOME! There is nowhere in the game you can see the data of the monster outside the fight, nowhere showing where they spawn, what they drop or even their spells.

which monster you needed? i  will send their datas

Gunnerwolfang|2019-07-13 01:22:07
If he need all, can you send all?

Sure,but first he must tell me the common and useful point of this bestiary gamein datas for me , for him for  everyone because his suggestion isnot useful to me and i dont want to keep this datas while game(java)  lags cause of memory. if he needs that datas ,forum already gives mob datas and gear datas even gear recipes shows the regions and mobs. Follow this way, if you are really honest about this datas;open bestiary and use its search table and set mob levels 0-25 then 25-50 and go on and for each  level results, download them by using google . press ctrl+s then save each search result into a folder as level025.html then level2550.html and go on.when you need a mob data or drop, after you learned your needed misc.item level press alt+tab and use this html pages by clicking next-prev button in levelxxxx.html..

Granthese|2019-07-13 10:15:12
" which monster you needed? i  will send their datas"
This is not about me NEEDING any data, it's about adding something in the game that can be useful, fun, lore-engaging and in the overall neat. Wakfu is a game extremely rich in character design and lore, but the access to it is messy, limited and not exactly confirmed by the devs here and there, the bestiary can expand the lore and general knowledge of the game without costing too much data.

i understand your feelings but this can be an extra downloadable content if you wont swear when lags occur. As you guessed ,this content can cause some memory lags and it is not a common content. specialy looks not useful to me.
0 0

If he need all, can you send all?

0 0
Respond to this thread