By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Make Tokens and Profession Levels an account collective

By MiiiiKy - MEMBER - June 30, 2019, 09:49:49
inb4 communism joke

Some updates ago, Ankama decided that Kamas should be calculated between characters into a total in the account so every character has the same amount of kamas since it's based on the amount of kamas your account have and so I think the same should be applied to tokens and profession levels, mostly for convenience sake.

- Why tokens?
 Have you ever entered a dungeon with 3 heroes and wanted to buy, let's say, relic fragments? Right now you need to change between each character and purchase all the fragments separated and gather them all into one inventory, make it an account collective would be convenient so you don't need to keep swapping characters around while also being good in case you want to delete some character so his tokens don't go into the void.
- Wouldn't this be exploitable? With heroes you could buy the most expensive items in a token machine three times faster, also Almanax.
 Well, technically.. But this could be good for Ankama in the sense that it would be another advantage of purchasing a hero booster, besides, it would only be exploitable for expensive items like the Meridia Insignia but for small things like relic fragments, in the long run, would still be the same, supposing that it takes 10 tokens to buy one fragment and you have 3 heroes, in 3 runs you manage to buy 1 for each hero totaling 3 fragments while, with this new feature, you could buy 1 per run so in 3 runs you would get 3 anyways but without having to keep switching characters.
- So how it should be done?
 I think all the tokens from all characters should be added into a total so if Char1 has 30 Durable Tokens, Char2 has 20 and Char3 has 10 then your account collective should be 60 Durable Tokens.

- Why Professions?
 Most people tend to only level professions in one of their characters which means that every time they want to craft something while using another character they need to change to that character, pass all the materials and then craft what needs to be done, it's just an inconvenience and no one would level the professions again in another character anyways if they already have one with it, worst of all is if a person leveled some professions in one character and then changed it's mind about it and now they are stuck with a character they can't delete because it's the one with all the profession level.
- So how it should be done?
 Just get the highest profession level of all characters as their account collective so if Char1 has Lv20 Herbalist and 40 Tailor and Char2 has Lv10 Herbalist and 70 Tailor the account should be Lv20 Herbalist and 70 Tailor.

I am yet not very sure about the tokens since it can be exploitable somehow but let's be honest here, token farming is very slow and grindry and almost no one purchase the items that cost 180 tokens since, by the time you get all that, you probably dropped it anyways.. As for professions I don't see why it can't be done, it would be a great quality of life improvement with basically no downsides to it.
12 -1
Reactions 12
Score : 3093

In a game so slow as Wakfu, it would be great to have shared professions and tokens. Totally needed.

4 0
Score : 1673

How about same goes to Emote too? But may possible reduce the sales may be...

2 0
Score : 4031

Wouldn't mind that too tbh..
I mean, it's annoying to go around collecting them over and over for each and every character..

1 -1
Score : 2342

few times was asked about this

+1 form me

3 0
Score : 61

+1

1 0
Score : 33

This makes total sense and is a great QoL Idea... which means that Ankama won't implement it at all unless there's a major push for it from a majority of people, then it'd get shuffled behind the "Server merge" update.

1 0

Ahaha yes!
Probably if I have suggested them to return the Kamas the way they are (each character having their own) the whole community would hate it but Ankama woul be like "Wow! That's a great idea!" and implement it

0 -2
Score : 2875

dude, kama, tokens, and professions 'should' be account shared 
it should have been something that was there from day 1, i even suggested it after wakfu came out

it really should be a thing though. account bound tokens/professions would streamline
everything i guess.

AND EMOTES. 

MiiiiKy|2019-07-03 06:34:43
AND EMOTES!!
But I doubt Ankama will do it.. They rather do something that makes you spend more time in the game and brings inconveniences, remember when they had the 200IQ idea of removing the Dragoturkeys from the dungeons making us have to walk to get there all the time? Fungopole is still the worst offender..

you mean like now? in the new nation update, every dungeon has lost its turkey
and now you are forced to go to other nations to level in this new overhaul of dungeons
i find it stupid, i never left brakmar, i hated bonta and sufokia, i liked their dungeons though
but now, this update removes the ability to even play half of them. 
unless you are level 156 of course

its just stupid. 
besides, when you try to even equip a mount and run around, the game lags every time
then it crashes because of the never patched memory leak bug that has always been there
the memory leak problem that causes the game to lag and crash, its been there since launch
why was it never addressed? 
1 -1

AND EMOTES!!
But I doubt Ankama will do it.. They rather do something that makes you spend more time in the game and brings inconveniences, remember when they had the 200IQ idea of removing the Dragoturkeys from the dungeons making us have to walk to get there all the time? Fungopole is still the worst offender..

2 -2
Score : 23

+1

0 0
Score : 3617

I mean maybe some tokens should be linked to character, but the rest should be shared, especially mentor tokens, just because i like to mentor people with my alts

0 -2
Score : 47

I think Tokens can easily be shared because they are "Items" or "Currencies" just like Kamas.

I think Professions are harder to share because they are based on experience, just like how we level up our characters.

MiiiiKy

worst of all is if a person leveled some professions in one character and then changed it's mind about it and now they are stuck with a character they can't delete because it's the one with all the profession level.

This is not really about quality of life. This is more like people changing their minds and wanting no consequences.

There should be a point in the game where changing your mind is no longer a viable option and you must live with what you have. You can still delete your character if you want to but you'll also lose all of the time and effort spent in leveling that character. There is still a solution to this problem, just buy the Class Change item in the Shop and change your character's class. You don't have to lose all of your professions. I'm all for improving quality of life in this game for everyone  but there still should be consequences that players need to deal with to make the gameplay experience meaningful.
0 0
Respond to this thread