By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sublimations is a terrible name

By cody5 - MEMBER - May 11, 2019, 17:30:08

Sublimation is a term for solid matter turning into gas or vice versa.
Why would you use this word for runic enchantments?
​​​​​​Also sublimations shortens to sub(s) which will easily be confused with subscription

I suggest that they would be called Chromagic scrolls (Chromas for short), because they are magic scrolls that enchant gear based on the colour of their slots (so chromatic magic).

3 -11
Reactions 20
Score : -4284

The entire enchantment system is terrible. Resetting all the progress people have made in terms of gear and items.

Just when thought the best item in the game dropped and then you realize you didn't actually drop the best version of it. The developers of this game should read about why so many people quitting World of Warcraft... it's because of stupid stuff like this.
2 -5
Score : 5300

Um, this has nothing to do with the name of the enchantments

3 -9
Score : 12618

I agree that the sublimation term is horrible, but the other one doesn't sound appealing either. Maybe something like "charm", "blessing", "combination" / "combo", "buff"... because "runeword" wouldn't fit in this case. tongue And "runecolors" or "runepattern" sound horrible too.

0 0

Entwinements? Twines for short

0 -9
Score : 8

we never will know

0 0
Score : 1786

Why not call them "shills." It's what you're good at.

0 -3
Score : 2290

For me, It'd be ok if they called them "Talents"

1 0

That's not a bad name, but that sounds more like it would be something your character can do instead of something on your equipment

1 -6

cody5|2019-05-11 15:53:52
Um, this has nothing to do with the name of the enchantments

Don't be mad homie. There's already a thread about the update and you made another one anyways. Why do you think your opinion is so special that it deserves it's own separate thread?

No one wants the changes to smithmagic. Brown nosing in regards to something most people don't want is a poor choice.

Your thread is about something out of the thread on enchantments. Why not just post your comments about enchantments, in the enchantments thread? 

Boo hoo, you downvoted me with your alts. Don't be mad homie.
3 -7

Well it's because it's not about the update, but just about the name of the mechanic.

Brown nosing? I was complaining about the name, your logic is hecka flawed.

It's a thread so people can comment on a specific topic, anyone can make a tread that's the whole point of a forum.

And I didn't downvote you, some dumass is downvoting every post on the forum for some reason, do you really think I would downvote my own posts?

1 -6
Score : 1786

It's funny how OP is literally the only one cheerleading Ankama for this update. I can't find a single person in game who is actually excited for this because we all think that this will decimate the game population, especially if implemented in the current form.

Siu claims 10,000 hours of gameplay but doing what exactly? Clearly nothing it seems.

TheRogueCat|2019-05-13 02:43:24
I guess that doesn't make me a person. Good. laugh

Now, seriously, this will be a kick to the nuts to those players who sank kamas to upgrade their equipment to max, but it's not different to any other update adding new better equipment that makes our previous optimal equipment obsolete and needing to be replaced and re-runed. It happened with the Souvenir items, for example. Now the shards will make that recycling at 90% less expensive, and no added kama costs for it.

The new sockets will add more power that the previous ones, the only problem is that the cost of the re-rolls promises to be prohibitively high, and needs some better alternative to be done before implementing, like Transmutation items for each roll type. Other than that, it will make cheaper, better and more flexible to upgrade equipment for enjoying better stats. If they leave the game, it will only be because of ragequitting for having spent kamas that might not get a refund of, and that others will have a chance to get same or better for lower cost.

Except if a lot of rich, high-level players quit, then it effects everyone else too. It has a huge impact on the market and finding people to team up with for endgame content. So throwing a minority of players under the bus (who happen to have a lot more wealth than the others combined) is a pretty shitty plan.

Also if I want to sass, I am gonna sass. 
4 0
Score : 8732

Welp Im excited for new update, I can be against rng, but the design and mechanic of new rune system is amazining and allow to make crazy strong combination. The problem currently is obtaining it and going thru rng wall. Devs for sure will make grind easier if they will stick to rng, increase drop rate, decrese mats needed for upgrade etc, the question is if the rng will be bearable or not. The upgrade hit hard for fully optimized players, but leave space for extremly dangerous builds.

Another stuff is new island, mobs, bosses and items for 140-200 players and Im pretty excited to see new designs and what the new items will allow me to create.

So afterall there is a lot of cool stuff incoming, the changes looks awesome and I can't wait to test them. The question is how big rng will be on live server and what devs will do to make it easier. But on any way there is no need to slender the OP for his belives. Every player decide for themselves.

6 -1

Nations update blew up so many perfectly good material. Materials that could have been converted into a current equivalent, but weren't. Compensation tokens... I didn't get enough of those during the Nations update.

I have no faith in getting compensated fairly when the next update comes. No faith whatsoever.

SirPercedal|2019-05-12 17:43:11
 But on any way there is no need to slender the OP for his belives. Every player decide for themselves.

"slander - the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation."

Shenbatu told the truth, that's NOT slander. Calling someone a scammer with zero proof, that's slander. Funny how you take a word I use in regards to people spreading lies about me, and then misuse it. Time for some more ESL classes

Percedal, despite your attempts at bullying me, I'm still here. You know, like that time I taught you the word slander after your wild and inaccurate claims based on nothing more than a stated opinion. The irony has not been lost on me in the least.

The OP is brown nosing like some dweeb, in regards to a highly unpopular subject. They made this new thread about enchantment, when there's already the thread on the main page of the website. Clearly they think they're opinion is so special that it requires it's own thread.

And if you do mean "slender", I will agree his arguments are thin and weak
0 -4

Actually I made it it's own thread so other people could suggest better names and not get buried under other opinions about the rework.

1 -6
Score : 8732

smorespie|2019-05-13 19:27:32
Nations update blew up so many perfectly good material. Materials that could have been converted into a current equivalent, but weren't. Compensation tokens... I didn't get enough of those during the Nations update.

I have no faith in getting compensated fairly when the next update comes. No faith whatsoever.
SirPercedal|2019-05-12 17:43:11
 But on any way there is no need to slender the OP for his belives. Every player decide for themselves.

"slander - the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation."

Shenbatu told the truth, that's NOT slander. Calling someone a scammer with zero proof, that's slander. Funny how you take a word I use in regards to people spreading lies about me, and then misuse it. Time for some more ESL classes

Percedal, despite your attempts at bullying me, I'm still here. You know, like that time I taught you the word slander after your wild and inaccurate claims based on nothing more than a stated opinion. The irony has not been lost on me in the least.

The OP is brown nosing like some dweeb, in regards to a highly unpopular subject. They made this new thread about enchantment, when there's already the thread on the main page of the website. Clearly they think they're opinion is so special that it requires it's own thread.

oh no, word from my language don't have any other translation to your freedom eagle lang ohmy
Im digging my own grave to burry myself and never go back bc you corrected me ohmy
At least I don't edit my messages to not look like "infallible" person xD

"They made this new thread about enchantment, when there's already the thread on the main page of the website" said by the guy who create dozens of threads about how he is treated unfairly by the community and get down voted. (btw 3/4 of them get deleted by moderation)

Sorry bby but noone making fun of you expect of yourself posting such slurs on forum. ppl litterally cannot burst with laugh during reading. Better go visit some post and call everyone a commie once again xD

The OP have his onw opinion and he told about them in the main thread so if u have problem with personal perspective of OP by your logic u should go to the main 1.64 topic.

This single idea about other name for sublimation would get easily covered by the masses of other comments on the main thread. And all of us have option to create the topic on forum, the forum administration is for deciding if something is relevant topic worth keeping or not.

So my always opressed special snowflake, just chill out.

xoxo,
Percy.
2 -3

Slender - thin and weak just like the argument

Dude, you call me a scammer for expressing an opinion. You have zero credibility

You're a faceless prick. You pretend to be so righteous

Maybe it's time for you to use paint and or one of your alts

2 -1

cody5|2019-05-13 11:41:09
Actually I made it it's own thread so other people could suggest better names and not get buried under other opinions about the rework.

So you're agreeing with me. There's already thread about enchantment, but you are special
2 -1
Score : 2290

I'm pretty sure that cody5 didn't mean wrong or wanted to offend someone when he opened this thread. It is true that with all the comments that the main one is getting and seeing how tomorrow will be even more because the Beta is going to open, topics like this will get buried easily among the feedback (plus deviating from the main idea).

I have to admit that the word "Sublimation" also sounded very weird to me wacko

4 0

Well since eliotropes have a passive called effervescence, sacriers have transcendence and rogues have a spell called evanescence, I'm convinced the spell naming division of ankama is ruled by an angry dictionary.

0 -6
Respond to this thread