FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Suggestion] Mining and Fishing improvement

By Bluhen - MEMBER - May 02, 2019, 17:06:55

Hi everyone.

I want ot suggest a kind of subtle change to both jobs on how ressources are gathered, a change to that I think will reduce the competitivity inside mines, theft of special ressources and give more oportunity to every player to gather in peace. A change that would use the "stages" mechanic that we already have in the game and add a new way to gather rare ressources.

I suggest that: " Every Rock and Fishing spot work as Plants meaning that you can gather from them multiple times before depleting the ressource and every time you gather from the node, a new ressource of the same kind is RNG'ed which can be a normal or a rare one"

Mining Example: if you are gathering Obsidian and find a rock you will be able to gather from it, lets say, 5 times meaning that you would be able to get 30 pieces of Obsidian from a single rock (assuming that you are getting 6 every attempt). Every time the rock changes it's appearence and the new ressource appears (similar to what happens when you gather cutlings from a tree and it changes accordingly), there is a chance that a special one will spawn:

-Find a rock and start gathering-

• 1st harvest: 3 Obsidian
  • 2nd harvest: 4 Obsidian
  • 3rd harvest: 2 Obsidian
  • 4th harvest: 3 Iridiscent Obsidian
  • 5th harvest: 1 Obsidian
-Rock Depleted-
-Move to the next one-

Benefits:
  • More Ressources from a single node
  • More chances to get a "personal" special ressource
  • Less random theft of special ressources
  • Less competitivity and races inside mines
  • More rocks and fishes available in the area to gather from
  • More ressources available to gather from in the small space that HW's have.

Thanks for reading!

Note: Everything can be balanced adding the right conditions and %, if the spawn% of a special ressource is maintained then the item will still keep it's "rare" condition.
8 0
Reactions 4
Score : 7332

I am tired of having to worry always if you are trying to farm rare fish or ores that somebody just follows your route to gather only the rare ones and let you just do the whole work without any progress.
So +1
Even if it get modified, just that you really have to farm on the ores/fish to get the rare ones would be an improvement.

1 0
Score : 4627

Cool idea~

By the way, if let said the ore node is randomly spawn from available ore nodes, then when you find one it was like fateful encounter depend individual lucky which mean the theft no getting a chance anymore~ 

1 0
Score : 1770

This would devaluate the ores and therefore the value of many recipes and equipment that use ores.

0 0
Score : 6876

If anything, it would lower them not really that much and would only affect normal ressources (because now we would be able to gather more). As I said if the spawn% of the rare ones is maintained or adjusted then it should keep its "rare" condition. And even if the price got reduced, you would still be able to compensate it with quantity.

In my opinion, having a better game experience at the cost of some kamas is totally worth it. I really think it would lower the complains, reduce theft and make both jobs more enjoyable.

0 0
Respond to this thread