FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Any solo players feeling a little left out here?

By GuardianStriker - MEMBER - April 27, 2019, 20:36:47

I swear, it's near impossible for me to enjoy this game solo because not only is it hard to solo dungeons and monsters when they outnumber you 5 to 1 and they're only just 10 levels below you (screw those pink piwi birds), but even the companions you get throughout the game are just terrible whenever you get to the mid-game content. No really, my Astrub Knight is next to useless now since I completed most of the tutorial quests already and I'm stuck playing by myself because I'm a complete loner with little to no amounts of social skills to even make friends with people who are obnoxious and unfunny as sin with their stupid forced memes and what not.

I know it's not just me who suffers the same solitary mindset as I do. Some people just prefer to follow more than lead and I hate the fact that you have to buy a subscription just to be able to use your created characters as companions and not to mention, to unlock the end game area known as Mt. Zinit. Look, I like WAKFU. But as an "MMORPG", it could do a little better. I hate being forced to play with others just to "enjoy" it. At least I can solo dungeons and regions just fine on such MMORPGs like Elder Scrolls Online and their subscriptions only give bonuses that make the grind a little less tedious.

8 -6
Reactions 23
Score : 3266

Well, I would suggest that you get more used to grouping since that's how Wakfu is supposed to be played. It's very possible to get to 200 alone just by killing mobs outside, but dungeons need groups and it will get harder to find group members the later you progress into the game.
Try to find a good guild first, with people around your level. It doesn't require any social skills to join a guild and they also get bored and want to try dungeons. Almost all of my dungeon teams were formed in a guild.

6 -3
Score : 3392

Not a rant, this is my personal experience with the game after recently reaching the level 200 (I've been playing since the first betas):

That's one of the biggest problems of Wakfu that Ankama refuses to fix: Teamwork.

Forcing players to group up to take down an Uber Boss isn't bad, forcing them to group up to progress, level up and create items is.

The game is designed to not be able to play alone all the time, what's worse being a Tactical game you can't compensate lack of power/allies with strategy and even if you could, you have to be playing the right class to do so. Even if you want to be an artisan you have to beat a boss and farm a lot (unless you have a lot of kamas), because here you don't create a steel sword you create the "Big sword of the forgotten wild gobball warrior" and are asked to gather a variety of items related to the monster and forced to beat the related boss to gear-up.

What I did was: rely on enviromental quests and level up my sidekicks. I was hoping that my end-game experience would be awesome (the 180-200) but I ended up repeating the same quests all over again, day by day and having to rely on my kamas to get the items that I needed.

The game just makes you have a bad time if you play alone. No other game have made me feel this useless. Having to pay to progress in the BASE game is wrong and being forced to pay to play the main story of the game is even worse.

Thats one of the things that I love of TESO, you can do everything by yourself and can compensate the lack of allies by having the right skill-rotation. There, I know that being outnumbered won't be a problem having a strategy, but in Wakfu? No way.

4 -1
Score : 52

My rant is from personal experience as well and I'm real glad I'm not the only one here who suffers from this.

The artstyle and lore of this series fascinate me, despite me not having any sort of skill in the French language. I just hate how poor the MMORPG is. The core gameplay is fine since I'm a real big fan of tactical RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem.

I see potential in this game if Ankama would actually put in the effort of reworking the MMO aspect of the game. Maybe. . .just maybe, it'll draw in more players in the process. Hell I wouldn't mind if they ended up making the game pay to play and you get the base game straight up. I'd pay $29.99 for WAKFU for sure.

3 -1
Score : 439

The game is at that point at which you cannot progress without using hero booster.Players who use two hero booster on two accounts and multibox have an unfair advantage which one can even say it is pay to win because of the item drop from the 6 characters not to mention the dungeon chest and relic and epic rune drop from these chest for dungeon leaderboard. You just cannot compete against someone running 2x herobooster at no point in the game and these players control the market and economy of the game.So if you are new to the game don't waste your time on solo accounts is my advise it wont be that hard at lower level but after a certain point you will be overwhelmed by the grind and lack of players to do dungeons just so you can drop that one fragment of the relic you want after 30 runs of the same dungeon. Im not saying Ankama should remove the hero system entirely since its a good income for the company. A solution for this in my opinion would be for Ankama to make 6 character slot playable on the same account at the same time instead of the current 3 slot ,for players with hero booster. And players without any booster gets to play 3 slot hero character per account so atleast they have chance with multi boxing

2 -1
Score : -4504

What's unfair about me supporting the game? The fact that I'm paying for the people who don't want to spend money on the game?

Pay to win? I didn't know you could buy the best gear in the game from Ankama directly. Please tell me where this option exists.

You complaining about people buying boosters is no different from complaining that someone has more time to play then you do. You also ignore the fact that any game needs revenue to exist and continue operating. What do you have against people making money?

I could just as easily be complaining that a subscription isn't a basic requirement to simply log in and play.

Communists everywhere.

3 -7
Score : 441

OP, Bluhen. Imo, guys, you have just a somewhat wrong mindset, which disallows you to like Wakfu for what it is. For example you boast with Teso being superior mmorpg. But what is really a mmorpg? It's only a name for a type of game with many players playing in a continued world. Let's replace it for a moment with another name, like Fruit.

So lets name Wow an Apple here, as a mmorpg being a standard of its genre with it's group content, raiding etc. Then we have Teso, which is far more solo-oriented game and is quite different from Wow, so we'll name it an Orange. And while it's already difficult to compare the two of them, now we have Wakfu here, which is a ... Tomato. While technically still a fruit, many of us know and love it as a vegetable. Because to enjoy it, you don't put Wakfu to a fruit salad and you don't eat it for desert with some whipped cream, you cook it as a sauce for pasta.

And just the same as my culinary example from above, you don't play this tomato as your normal mmorpg. It's more of a co-op tactical rpg. And while you don't play tactical rpgs with one character, you can play them with one player. If you want a one-time purchase, you can buy 2 proper sidekicks and you'll have a playable team for most outdoor content for whole game. And even if you don't want to spend any money at all, you can create multiple accounts for yourself and run up to full party solo without paying a cent. It's both playable and legal, believe me. Or, this is how I enjoy the game, find a good buddy or two with whom to split the party and play it as usual co-op game with some beer and laughs over voice-com.

3 -2

Yeah, but you see the problem? We are at the point where you have to Pay to advance in the base game, pay to discover mount zinit which isn't even a DLC or optional area (if it was, I'd totally get the paywall), it is the main story of the game and somewhere you have to go to gear-up, level up and, if you are an Osamodas get your end game summons which also aren't optional.

What kind of game forces you to pay to advance or open various intances of the game to play by yourself, that sounds really primitive if you ask me. Some PCs already have a bad time opening the game, mine for example barely runs it so opening multiple Wakfus is really not an option for me and many others. Everything should be made from your own and main account.

I agree that having 2 good sidekicks lets you do some stuff, but it isnt really that much, whats even more you are pretty much restricted to use the viable ones: Drop Knight, the orb, hypolyre and treachrose. The rest are too rigid to use and haven't been updated: Skalo's spell that remove debuffs have been bugged for years, Astrub knight and Chad are pretty much useless due to their chromatic dmg, low range, mediocre stats (even if Chad is invisible and is a Sram, he still gets locked by the enemy). Sidekicks cant even regenerate WP or join UB fights for some reason. Now, I say this because I have all of them and have tried all of them.

Don't get me wrong, if there were more players to play with and the game didn't spread them around so many areas I'd be playing with others all the time or even if we were allowed to have our own team of 6 using the Hero system I'd totally consider paying for it (and not just for 2 to get stucked later again), but sadly the reality is other.

A Co-op game needs players to start with, if you create a gameplay that revolves around a team enviroment and you start losing players, it inevitably will affect the remaining ones and obstaculize them. We compared Wakfu to TESO (despite being totally opposites) because there you are never restricted, sure there are team stuffs but you can always gear-up and try again to win. Wakfu just says nope from the start, even Jobs, like a least ask me for a Boss Drop when I try to create the boss set and not just a normal piwi or gobball one which I can't get playing alone or unless i have a lot of kamas (just an example).

1 0
Score : 1176

wakfu is a solo mmorpg the way it is now, with hero system or playing with 6 accounts. You literally don't need anyone but yourself to play this game. You can achieve everything in this game playing alone. Now if you want to find a party at lvl 50, 60, 70, 80,.... to do a dungeon with stasis 50, that is a challange.

1 -1

Finding a guild isn't that challenging. If you have the ability to type and complain, you have the ability to ask for a guild invite or others for help.

Boo hoo, you don't want to make any effort at all. Not to work. Not to pay for a booster. Not to ask others for help. I have a real job, I risk my life everyday for the money I earn. I deserve my booster more than a crybaby like you.

You literally want everything handed to you, lazy communist.

0 -4
Score : 320

Hello, I understand you, I belong to a guild of old guys playing, we play together when we can and move on, we are more of a PvE if you want to join you are more than welcome, we are all level 58-59 and just finished the nations quest. If you don not want to join but need help with dungeons and the quest we still can help you my in game name is Naolin.

0 0

Pffft, any monkey can cheat the system by creating alternate accounts. Sorry but I'm pretty sure that's not how Ankama originally planned, nor would I think they would agree to people doing that. I'd rather wait for this to get better than subject myself to scummy tactics like that. I'm not sheep who takes the easy way out and It's just as terrible as trying to hack or mod free Orgrines into your account. I'm above that game exploiting toxic nonsense. It don't swim with me.

0 -3

I understand your frustrations, I also do not like the system the way it is now. The best way for you to help the game is not playing it at all, let the market teach this game how bad it is and show that it needs to get better, if people keeps buying stuff from wakfu, ankama will think they are doing a good job. I know, the classes are awesome and it kind drags you to play this game, but ankama does such a terrible job managing this game that I feel like it needs to learn from its mistakes. 

0 -1

GuardianStriker|2019-04-27 21:35:17
My rant is from personal experience as well and I'm real glad I'm not the only one here who suffers from this.

The artstyle and lore of this series fascinate me, despite me not having any sort of skill in the French language. I just hate how poor the MMORPG is. The core gameplay is fine since I'm a real big fan of tactical RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem.

I see potential in this game if Ankama would actually put in the effort of reworking the MMO aspect of the game. Maybe. . .just maybe, it'll draw in more players in the process. Hell I wouldn't mind if they ended up making the game pay to play and you get the base game straight up. I'd pay $29.99 for WAKFU for sure.

You'd pay 30$ instead of a booster on a monthly basis.

You're not very good at math.

So what if you can't access the "full version" of the game without booster. You can access the majority of the game and the game is spread over level ranges anyway. Nothing stopping you from getting runes via low level ALS

I need booster to PvP at 80? 110? 

If I could choose only one item from cash shop, like if I had decided to never buy a booster, I think I'd choose adventurer boxes. Best item
1 -5

Your score is below -4000 so you're irrelevant sorry to say.

3 -2

smorespie|2019-04-30 15:10:18
They're literally running a business providing a service. 

You're just a naive communist

Nothing stopping you from developing your own MMO and monotizing however you want, aside from your copout attitude. If you're going to rely on someone else to make a game, don't tell them how to do their job 

Why should they listen to you? You're making it super clear that you don't want to be a paying customer

man I really don't care if you just ignore everything I say, but calling me a communist? you should stop cursing people for free. I said " let the market teach this game how bad it is and show that it needs to get better" this is the base of capitalism, if you do a bad product you will lose your customers for someone that does a better product.

smorespie|2019-04-30 15:10:18
They're literally running a business providing a service. 

You're just a naive communist

Nothing stopping you from developing your own MMO and monotizing however you want, aside from your copout attitude. If you're going to rely on someone else to make a game, don't tell them how to do their job 

Why should they listen to you? You're making it super clear that you don't want to be a paying customer

did you check my booster status? you literally have no arguments, and I really got offended, never call someone a communist, communism killed hundreds of thousands people, and it is still killing in places like Venezuela or North Korea. Really man, you misunderstood anarcho capitalism with comunism, that is so ..... = /
2 0

I've checked his previous forum posts on his profile too. Complete trash replies and posts. Not to mention just shows how salty he is about the rating system, when it's obvious why he gets a bad reputation.

His arguments make zero sense and are hardly ever on subject. If he learned to keep his politics to himself and actually didn't sound like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum, he'd probably wouldn't be nearing the -5000 rating like he is now.

0 0

smorespie|2019-04-30 15:12:54
Farming every single item required to make an item is stupid and inefficient. Learn to use the markets better.

You literally make no mention of markets when complaining about farming materials. Often it's smarter and faster to simply pay kamas to someone else for crafting materials. Personally this has only earned me millions of kamas.

Based on ALS system, there will always be plenty of opportunity to earn kamas off of low level crafts and items.

L2P

One of the best sources of kamas requires no booster at all, it's called mining. None of the gathering professions require a booster to be profitable for that matter.

Seeing how you turn everything into a political issue and don't focus on the main topic of the thread which is "being forced to group up to advance and feeling left out", demostrates that you don't have a real opinion on the matter.

No one is talking about the economy because on every online game you can always just go and get tons of money to buy everything you need, that's obvious, why would you farm things when you have money? Everyone would do that but would you really tell a new player or someone who wants to discover mechanics and stuff "hey kid, forget about leveling, getting a group and learning the dungeon mechanics, just get money and you will be fine"? You might be better off telling them to leave the game instead if your advice is based around money and not having fun. Im not just talking about level 200 issues, the feeling of being left out in the game occurs at very early levels.

Even if you do ALS dungeons, why do you think that the problem isn't there? Its the same thing, you have a bad time finding other players and you can't do it by yourself either.

No one is talking about money on this thread so your "communist" arguments are 100% invalid. Every game company needs money to grow and develop and we would be happy to pay if they knew how to implement the p2w (or whatever you want to call it) aspect to the game, most of players that play Wakfu is because thry love the game but seeing how you are pretty much obligated to pay to play/advance (hero system and zinit ressources) it really frustrastes many, specially because this is a F2P game.
5 0

Check his profile and look at his forum posts. It's amazing how much salt he's churning out to be honest and he still wonders why he's so badly rated.

0 0
Score : 439

Main reason why the 2x hero system with multi boxing affect the game at such level is because of the turn-based nature of the game,it is very easy to pull off unlike other real time combat MMOs ,and also because it is a turn-based game when you finally find a group to do the dungeon at the stasis that you want so you can get a chance to drop the item you have to wait 5 more turns plus the turns of the monsters to get to have your one turn every single rotation and one mistake your whole team dies and redo or redo because you didn't get that drop. I'm not complaining about the turn-based nature of the game in fact that's what i like about Wakfu. So one more thing Ankama should've added a long time ago is an option to remove the combat and movement animations,so that much time is saved every run.

0 0
Score : 442

I’m not entirely sure if I could personally say left out... but disadvantaged compared to players who pay for the Hero booster or paid to permanently have the two hero slots unlocked? Most likely the case, at least as far as the dungeon side of the game, and content intended for groups, is concerned, without a global chat channel for recruitment and/or a lack of a functional/practical group finder. I have managed to kind of get through the Nations quest with just myself and an Astrub Knight(things were probably helped by being an Eliotrope), but seeing the trouble I had with the dungeons like the Royal Moogrr, I decided to not really bother with starting/continuing the Zinit quests when I was told to go beat up the Kralaboss in the Mollusky Dungeon for some egg to take to Mishell, which in a way also somewhat halted my progress overall in the game since most of the other things I could do were environmental quests to level or some daily things, and professions which I only sometimes enjoy doing and not all the time(even if they are more fun in Wakfu than Dofus), after I finished the Wild Estate main quests and something which I assume to be a side quest which sent me to an Ouginak village in Ohwymi. Maybe it’d be better if I had a guild by now but I haven’t really looked for one yet.

And I really don’t think the booster requirement for the endgame Zinit area is that bad here when in Dofus pretty much 99% of everything relating to story and locations, and professions, is locked behind the subscription requirement. Although it does kinda seem off to have high level Osa summons locked behind it as well, not that I plan on playing one myself.

1 0
Respond to this thread