By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Armour Resist?

By Happy999 - MEMBER - April 12, 2019, 18:37:49

Why isn't it a thing Ankama, just like Heal Resist?
https://youtu.be/yt6Emxh7kjg

4 -4
Reactions 20
Score : 207

is it being converted into hp for any classes?

1 -3
Score : 207

the players who gave 3 dislikes probably dont know about armour ,hp and some rogue's spell

0 0
Score : 1273

I'd like to see some of that to be honest.

1 -3
Score : 9898

Mostly because the armour was originally designed to only last one turn, but also because only tanks can really reliably generate much armour, and they are suposed to be harder to kill in long fights.

Also there are certain spells that deal bonus damage to armour (rogue, eliotrope) or deal direct HP damage (all indirect damage), but only certain classes have them.

0 0
Score : 168

Armor is pretty strong, especially with how they are calculated. Only a few classes have spells that do extra damage on armors, but they're usually not good. For 1v1, armor is kind of broken if the class can also heal. Some classes are just better in 1v1 or are super good because it's hard for Ankama to balance the classes without extreme nerfs (which often lessen the quality of gameplay and makes it less fun to play).

0 0
Score : 1419

Rather than nerf, why not buff weak classes?

0 0
Score : 1273

Seeing how Ouginaks and reworked classes such as Sacrier, Rogue, Enutrof and Huppermages can build-up permanent armor (something that I think every rework from now on will have), I think that something like an Armor Resistance feature would balance various aspects of the game, specially in PvP. Same as Unhealable (idk the name in english) and Heals Resis, armor need more counters too.

1 0
Score : 909

we need erosion.

0 0
Score : 291

Do we really? I have only ever felt like erosion was nothing more than an annoyance in Dofus, especially for a class which was/is supposed to be able to take a lot of damage and endure in long fights, only to find its max HP gone down by a significant amount because of erosion(I've been in long fights with my Sacrier where my HP had gone down by 50% or more due to erosion which significantly reduced my survivability despite me using all available means to be able to tank the attacks of the enemies better). I do not favor bringing erosion into Wakfu in the form that it exists in Dofus, at the very least. There, it just seems to serve the purpose of annoying players who play a class that is supposed to take a lot of damage and/or is a close combat class(which, in Dofus, are known to be far less effective end-game due to various factors, than long(er) ranged classes - I do not know if this is the case in Wakfu). It goes to the point where it just promotes playing ranged classes to purely avoid being hit or taking as little damage as possible, I feel. Surely there is a better option than erosion, unless it only affects the value of armor that can be built up.

0 0
Score : 179

Armor does have some flaws though like not having armor mastery or having bonus % armor received (like heals do)

0 0
Score : 8088

welp armor classes can use the fact that their teamcomp can be made of chars with:

1. Robust Health: -40% HP max, 30% Heal and Armor received for the bearer at the start of combat.
1 -1
Score : 9898

I mean rogue's piercig shot can kill basicly any reasonable armour with it's ridiculous base armour removal even with just 1 WP, but yeah some more armour removal spells would be nice.

0 0
Score : 909

Kait-Diaz|2019-04-15 21:51:27
Do we really? I have only ever felt like erosion was nothing more than an annoyance in Dofus, especially for a class which was/is supposed to be able to take a lot of damage and endure in long fights, only to find its max HP gone down by a significant amount because of erosion(I've been in long fights with my Sacrier where my HP had gone down by 50% or more due to erosion which significantly reduced my survivability despite me using all available means to be able to tank the attacks of the enemies better). I do not favor bringing erosion into Wakfu in the form that it exists in Dofus, at the very least. There, it just seems to serve the purpose of annoying players who play a class that is supposed to take a lot of damage and/or is a close combat class(which, in Dofus, are known to be far less effective end-game due to various factors, than long(er) ranged classes - I do not know if this is the case in Wakfu). It goes to the point where it just promotes playing ranged classes to purely avoid being hit or taking as little damage as possible, I feel. Surely there is a better option than erosion, unless it only affects the value of armor that can be built up.

wakfu and dofus are strategic games, the fight SHOULD be about who have the best strategy, and not about who can endure more and basically who have the best damage. If they bring erosion to wakfu, both teams would have to think how to defeat the enemy before they are killed by erosion or another mechanics that should also exist.
1 0

Yea fights based mostly about stretching them and that type of game really make players tired. 

1 0
Score : 3069

Just use Smashall Rune and stop complaining. 

1 -2

Smashel is usless af.
30% of small shields is nothing u can get more overall dmg from other dmg relic runes.
30% of big shields take like 3k hp but u still can't go thru 9k that stays on that sac or panda, so its usless again. better to take other dmg rune.

0 0
Score : 595

There are skills that can bypass armor as well, right?

0 0
Score : 1419

Elio and I think sram have such skills. I fought an elio 1v1 in PVP (lvl 176 feca in fully runed moon gears) and got spanked by the armor penetration. The armor was useless in that fight because they could just go through directly to my HP.

1 0

What is my main problem is are classes that get revamped or introduced latly. And their armor that stays forever. Abilities to stack huge amount of it really quickly. And the fact that Iop needs to pop spell that reduce dmg, use earth spells that not deal good base dmg and generate not as strong shield like their classes, and its expire in next turn.

Same story with other older characters and their armor gain that vanishes after a turn.

It's like really a big deal if ur enemy smash his max armor cap and u cant do anything about it bc there is no reliable way to go get rid of it. Some ppl in thread said Smashel but it aint work good against most classes in da game

-No effect against low shields - other relic runes much better
-Nehish effect on medium shields - other relic runes still better
-Good effect on max shields - but still around 9k stays on target so u wont burst it (oke mb some excess sac or enu, if u have a turn when u can nuke that remaining green and red hp then cool, but that nuker options in game are limited and every havy armoring class also have a shittone of resist)

*might edit and add something later*

2 0
Respond to this thread