By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Suggestion] More Hero slots

By Bluhen - MEMBER - April 09, 2019, 19:48:11

Hi everyone.

I'd like to suggest an: Increase in the amount of Heroes Slots available so we can have our own 6 characters team on the same account without having to use a second one.

Now as a secondary suggestion to compliment the main one, I think it would be good if inside the Hero Booster window on the Boutique we could choose how many slots we'd like to buy and change the price accordingly (from 1 to 5). This way the player would be able to pick what they want and not be forced to choose from a binary option: 2 or 5 (which is: half the team or full team)

Benefits:

• Let the player pay according to what they need and what they can pay
  • Let the player enjoy the game at it's own pace
  • Be ready to take on anything just using a single account
  • Motivate players to level up different classes and adquire more
  • Don't slow down your progress due to the lack of players (different time zones, places, level ranges, etc).
  • Experiment and create new strategies and discover new sinergies to defeat Dungeons and UBs

That would be it, thanks for reading!

17 -20
Reactions 29
Score : 1495

Some of the quest / dungeon mechanics would still stymie you even with 5 "Hero" slots.

E.g.:  The "Rikikki Wand" quest in the Undieworld dungeon where players must stand on letter glyphs and pull a lever, this is NOT during a fight so only the "current" character is there, the "Heroes" only participate in fights.   :wacko:

(On low population servers like Nox, it is really hard to find enough players to group with to satisfy the "Rikikki Wand" quest mechanic.)  sad

3 0
Score : 3093

That's one mechanic taken from Dofus that must be completed with other players (or with more than one account). It was designed that way by Ankama and something that the Hero System was never meant to fix. That's something totally apart but I get your point: Having people with multiple accounts means that there are more "real" characters to complete the puzzle while the Hero System mix them into 1 character. Something to take into account.

1 -1
Score : 1976

It's an MMO for a reason
if you want that kind of single player experience there are plenty of those games out there

10 -5

Not every MMO is designed to be played in a Party all the time. Wakfu, because it is a Tactic MMO, forces you to team up and I totally get that because it is a class-based game where everyone have their unique role that have to fullfill to ensure the victory (like in Fire Emblem). The thing is that your gameplay and progression is heavily affected if you have allies or not to the point where your leveling and even crafting can get stucked. Personally, I haven't experienced this kind of limitation in any other MMO.

4 -4
Score : 9736

Sorry Wakfu already lost some social aspects, and some players do singleplayer there. Inviting more to that would feel like singleplayer with economy of market.
Of course at the end ppl decide if they want others in team or not. But if u have you stable team and 100% of drops the idea of inviting others is a bit hard to swallow for you. At least this is what I see it.
Ppl who want to 6box already doing it, openly inviting others to do it is not the way I would want to see in game.
But this is only my personal opinion about the topic.

11 -1

Yeah, I have to admit that what you said is a very importan point. Why invite others if I can get all the drop? Why risk the run with random people when I can do it by myself knowing that I'll win with my pre-defined strategy?

Those are important questions, but as you said people are ALREADY doing it and they  have been doing so way before the Hero System appeared in Wakfu. And even though you can create your personal team, there are still players who won't do it, even knowing how much it would speed up their progression they don't, and the same will happen if we get the option to buy more Hero slots: There will be people who will buy the service and those who won't. There will always be parties accepting other players same as now.

4 -2
Score : 3617

They tried this already, it was a whole game called Dofus Arena/Arena Confrontation.

It didn't work out.

2 -1

If I remember correctly, Dofus Arena was a PvP game. You never really teamed-up with other players, you played against them, like Krosmaga. 

It's not the same case, I see why you are comparing them but Wakfu has a lot of things more to offer than Dofus Arena.

1 0
Score : 293

I guess this would be easier for devs to implement than working dungeon finder or a global chat. A new server with this option and one-way transfer from other servers would be ideal.

1 0
Score : 3843

But for real though, XD that truth is too real!

0 0
Score : 30

How about we just KILL the game a second time?

7 -6
Score : 574

How is this killing the game?  There are people out there that like to do their thing without having to depend on others.. And when they see that they will have to wait forever to find a party to do anything, they will just quit the game and Ankama will lose money..

Is it better for you guys that the person don't play at all than just do everything by himself?

0 0

I understand your concerns about this suggestion, but I'm going to go ahead and give my opinion (I wrote this before my other replies so you might see some of those arguments here) :

I think that not every MMO is the same, there are many that let's you play by yourself and the player interaction is only seen in Trades and the Market and they are pretty alive. When people say "MMO" they are indirectly comparing Wakfu with, let's say, FFXIV or PoE, but their gameplay are totally different. Not every MMO requires you to group up with other players, it just means that the game can be played with real people if you want and you will get more content as the time passes.

Keeping in mind that Wakfu is different from others MMO's (because it's a tactical one), the truth is that it is desgined to NOT be able to do many things by yourself, you are not able to win a fight against a big group of monsters or a dungeon within your level range, Wakfu is programmed to not be able to upgrade your equipment by yourself without needing to buy most of the components from the Market, it is designed to (in a certain way) punish you with a slow progression if you are alone (the base exp), all of this thinking in a single character of course. The cases where you can compensate the lack of Power with Tactic (something that you would expect to do in a Tactical game) are very small and in most of them you need to be playing the right class to do so ...Something that you don't tend to see in other MMOs where you can do things by yourself (whatever you job or class is), take on multiple enemies and the cases where you are required to group up with other players are very specific. In Wakfu happens the opposite: You need a group to play and in rare occassions you can do things alone. There are active MMO's in the market that you can play "alone".

Now, most of people tend to think that the players who support the Hero System are those who "can't find a group" or "don't belong to a Clan", but that's not always the case. Personally, I do have a clan and friends to play with, but you don't always have them, people can't help you all the time and the thing is worse for those who play at the night. Being part of a Guild only makes it easier to find a group sometimes but doesn't solve the problem. And to be honest, the times when you do get help from someone is from a player who's already level 190-200 and offers to carry you, which isn't really fun and isn't the ideal for a game with a lot of content such as Wakfu. The game spread so much the players between zones and levels that it is unreal to believe that there will always be someone there for you. 

All of this was to explain my point of view in general.

----

Now concerning to the System.

The Hero System has arrived to stay and personally I think that it has never reduced the interaction between the players, it just makes it easier what you could've always being able to do: Have your own team. It removed the need of having to create 6 accounts and have 6 instances open at the same time. That's all it does. You have always had the opportunity to have your own team way before the system appeared, we've always had the option to wheter or not be multi-account players, to play alone or with others.

So, if Wakfu puts so many barriers in your way, it is a fact that the game lacks players and Ankama gives you a good tool to progress in a more independent way, Why not improve the system? As I said before, the Heroes came to stay and it is a big plus to the game.

I really think that being able to have your own team of characters will not kill the game and will be easier to complete groups that are missing a specific classes. If you assume that everyone is going to go ahead and buy the 5 slots, you need to consider that not everyone is going to pay for the service and there will always be single-account players in the game, same as now and before the system arrived. And even if they pay for it, there will be people who will still only get 2 slots for a team of 3, leaving room for other real players to join because not everyone can pay the same and everyone and everyoe have different needs.

7 -7
Score : 3617

While yeah there will always be six-boxers, if we encourage players playing solo there would be even less players to for a group with and people who play wakfu for it's multiplayer elements will have an even harder time playing the game in the game and more likely to quit.

And I compared it to dofus arena because it was based around sixboxing, yes in it you didn't team up with other players, but if your suggestion was implemented, people wouldn't in wakfu either.

0 0
Score : 502

I like this since most users are already using multi-boxing. Also, extremely hard to find `fit` party members for high rank dungeon or specific puzzle dungeon. So...why not? 

1 -4

Yeah, it's already happening.

0 -1
Score : 1245

Ankama should stop calling this game a MMO because it's really just a single player RPG with the option to tag up with someone else. The pressure is so intense to make your own army of heroes that it's swallowed up the entire damn server I'm on. 

I'm with the OP. They should just open it up to 1-player armies. That's what the people want. The days of this game involving teaming up with randoms are dead and gone. With some of the incredibly persnickety endgame strategies, I think that's what the dev team wants anyway. 

12 -1
Score : 2875

whats the point of multiplayer then? 
if we can all just 6 man the whole game ourselves
why have a guild, at all, or friends
why have a party search or group finder function, if its pointless
playing with 5 real people is more interesting than just you controlling 6 characters
we can already do that, and it is a bit pricey, like 15$ for 7 days of it
kind of crazy expensive to do any cool stuff in wakfu

8 -1

As I said, not everyone will buy the service, not everyone will be a 6-boxer and the only thing that the Hero System does is makes it easier to be a "multiaccount" player but from a single one. Also, the money plays a big role on the matter, as you said some stuff are kind of expensive and being able to but 5 Hero Slots will be more expensive than 2.

The multiplayer aspect of the game won't be killed, it has always been up to the player to choose wheter or not be a six-boxer.

0 -4
Score : 1245

Bluhen|2019-07-03 18:37:57
The multiplayer aspect of the game won't be killed, it has always been up to the player to choose wheter or not be a six-boxer.

I humbly disagree. Heroes ruined the game if we call it an MMO. It empowered people to not play with others. People don't feel the need to drag their friends into the game, and relationships just aren't balanced between people who play 1 character, and people who play 3-6. 

Now, if we look at it as an open world single player RPG with online trading, it makes a little more sense. 

Bluhen|2019-07-04 05:40:46
Note that on most MMORPGs you don't have to be in a party 99% of the time and they continue being alive, with a loyal community and have ways to make the player interact with others (events, mechanics, etc), in Wakfu you have to be 99% of the time in a party.

You can't possibly serious if you're suggesting that in most MMOs people rarely/never party with others lol. What the hell is the point, then? 
8 0

I think that Multiaccount and having the possibility to create your own team of 6 freely without any restriction is what empowered people to not play with others, I honestly would if my Laptop could run more than 1 instance. Heroes just made that easier and that's what I meant when I said "The multiplayer aspect of the game won't be killed, it has always been up to the player to choose wheter or not be a six-boxer." Because the players have always had the last word on wheter or not team-up with others, the Hero system is totally optional.

Note that on most MMORPGs you don't have to be in a party 99% of the time and they continue being alive, with a loyal community and have ways to make the player interact with others (events, mechanics, etc), in Wakfu you have to be 99% of the time in a party.

0 -1
Score : 2875

its 10$ for the 30 day hero service. its nice to have 3 characters rather than 2 sidekicks
but it is still much more fun to have actual people to play with
wakfu has a data leak bug that was never patched though, and can crash at any moment
it always does, and has, and the lag is insane at times
even with my own 200mbps internet and mega computer. it still cant handle wakfu

i dont get the pricing in ogrines over $, some of the prices are really high in ogrines over $
with tax its 11$ for 30 days, but the hero thing has an issue, they must all be the same nation
me, i liked to make 1 character for each nation /except bonta =p
BRAKMAR FOR LIFE. 

so i cant access 3 of my characters cause 2 are sufokian and 1 is amaknan

i miss playing with actual people, i wish that wakfu had a better group finder
not just a hero system to cover the loss of players in the game
maybe a server merger needs to happen with nox

i get that maybe it sounds cool to run all 6 characters at once
but you can do that with 2 accounts and 3 characters on each one.
it would cost you 22$ though, but you could still accomplish it in a way

i noticed at around 2 hours or so, the game lags beyond anything and needs reset to clear its cache
with hero mode on it lags a little bit more, so imagine 6 characters then
and i have a 22gb ram. 3.2hz processor. so it must be worse on lower pc's 

multiboxing can be a pain, many of the veterans understand this
its why ankama even added sidekicks + hero system, and some other options
like account character swapping for 15,000 ogrines. to alleviate the box madness

but honestly, you can do what you are asking for now, it just costs 22$ and 2 accounts to do it
if it was all on 1, then, i just dont know, it's expensive.  

OoTLink|2019-07-03 18:29:19

Bluhen|2019-07-03 18:37:57

I humbly disagree. Heroes ruined the game if we call it an MMO. It empowered people to not play with others. People don't feel the need to drag their friends into the game, and relationships just aren't balanced between people who play 1 character, and people who play 3-6. 

Now, if we look at it as an open world single player RPG with online trading, it makes a little more sense. 

exactly, who needs groups, players, friends, or new people to the game in general
if we can just run the entire game solo by ourselves. 
the hero system kind of ruined teamplay, and it made it less optimal over controlling all the characters
who needs a party or people, if we can just play solo

i miss when i could log on, and there were tons of people, and we grouped up all the time
then the hero system popped up, and nobody really grouped up as much
people quit, and no one could play most the dungeons solo, they are hard solo
in groups it was fun, and dungeons could be beaten with friends
but with heroes, everyone went solo most of the time. no need to find other players to play with

Bluhen|2019-07-04 17:59:39
Yep, you can do that if you buy the service on 2 different accounts, but having the option to centralize it in a single 1 would be better.

i guess it makes sense to optimize it then. (centralize)
we can do it already with 2 accounts. which costs 22$ or so. so what if it was 1 account,
price set at maybe 19$ + tax, seems the tax is 10% so itd be like 20.90 
10$ for 2 characters for 30 days, or 19$ for 5 characters for 30 days
now you would still need the 6th slot for 5000 ogrines though, so thats pretty expensive 
0 0

Yep, you can do that if you buy the service on 2 different accounts, but having the option to centralize it in a single 1 would be better.

0 0
Respond to this thread