FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ca world pvp be brought back

By manicalltheway - MEMBER - February 15, 2019, 03:10:44

Any moderator would you mind bringing back world pvp for the sake of the ecosystem. There's some players that destroy everything and they need to be stopped. Plus I've played wakfu on and off recently and want that pleasure back please and thank you. Just keep it in your thoughts because it was what made the game fun. Anyone else feel the same way?

12 -15
Reactions 15
Score : 2475

I would support this, IF some protections were in place, i.e.

(1) New characters (under level 51) are immune to aggression, as long as they are not "Outlaws"
and

(2) Any player who has PVP turned off (aka "wings down") is also immune to aggression, as long as they are not "Outlaws"
and

(3) A player with "Heroes" equipped may only aggressively attack another player who has at least the same number of "Heroes" equipped.    (This to prevent 3 on 1 "ganking")     To attack an "Outlaw" who doesn't have "Heroes" equipped, you must drop yours first!
Note however, that a single player without "Heroes" equipped should be allowed to attack a player who has "Heroes" equipped... this would force the more aggressive types to THINK a bit before they attack... due to the risk of placing themselves into a 1 vs 3 situation!  tongue

13 -3
Score : -323

Just make hero’s not join the fight like how it used to be!? Lmao the way it was was fine. Open world pvp made wakfu seem dangerous. I was terrified to go to kelba as a lvl 200 and yet it was thrilling at the same time. If I was bored I’d tempt fate and see just who was lurking around the corner... Now I go plant flowers/boxes or get into 1 hour stall fights whenever I want to “pvp”

3 -2
Score : 117

Open world PvP makes the game better. I have no clue why they changed the system and why not improve the old pvp system instead removing it... it would be great if they create a new pvp system, balanced, blocking gankers... many of my friends leave wakfu because pvp was removed...

2 -2
Score : 1934

Can this post get some attention. Because Open world pvp what made this game more fun. We need open world pvp back for us to enjoy this game to it's fullest. I'm not sure what the fuck the dev team doing and thinking. But c'mon time to get your stuff together and listen to players! That's the only way to bring back population and make more money....I mean after all that's what you are after. If people can't enjoy from pixels what the point of having it.

1 -3
Score : 289

Thanks, Kwai-no-Kami.

You wrote most of what I would agree to have Open PvP again.  If someone is not interested in it, keep the "wings down".  Of course, if you are an Outlaw, you should be fair game for that nation. wink

Even today, I believe you can attack Outlaws, although I have not tried.

It would be nice if Heroes/Sidekicks would join in to match the number of opponents.  

But of course, if you see 2 outlaws (Or lets say Open PvP enabled players) in a group, and you are on your own with Heroes, if they both have heroes too, do not expect to be more than you and your heroes against  them and their heroes. happy

Oh, look at that, back on 2017 I did indeed suggested a PvP interface improvement (But as you can see, the latest version of Battle Grounds was on its way):

https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/8-general-discussions/231780-new-intreface-wings-up-pvpers

1 0
Score : 2475

Another point the old "Open World PvP" system had wrong - the concept of "Merit"... one gained Merit rank by simply winning fights... and players with higher rank were allowed to obtain very high-powered gear with special bonuses for PvP.     It was far too easy to "farm Merit" by creating a 2nd account with "cannon-fodder" characters who would be repeatedly killed to boost the main account's characters Merit to gain access to higher-powered gear.

but what Merit did not properly measure was the concept of HONOR !!   

How much HONOR is there in slaughtering players much weaker than yourself??
How much HONOR is there in attacking an unprepared and unwilling opponent??
How much HONOR is there in murdering citizens of your own or allied countries who are NOT outlaws??

Yet the old "Merit" system REWARDED those dishonorable acts !!     

Small wonder, the thugs, bullies and griefers multiplied until the world cried out for relief !!

I suspect that if committing a dishonorable act caused all of the high-powered gear a PvP player possessed to suddenly and irrevocably crumble into dust and rust, that would be a suitable punishment for dishonoring the privileges that gear represents. 

The "CP" (citizen point) penalties for murdering non-outlaw'ed fellow citizens and allies were also far too weak to deter such actions.  

The dishonorable act of murdering a non-outlaw'ed fellow citizen, or ally, should immediately result in the killer becoming an outlaw themselves with a very large negative CP, so that a longer "prison sentence" would be imposed than for something like harvesting too many plants !!

There needs to be harsh consequences for dishonorable acts !!    Maybe with a bit of tuning of this sort, the Open-World PvP might work without overly encouraging bullies and thugs.

3 -1
Score : 3217
3 0
Score : 493

Dying laugh

0 0
Score : 17

Ankama always slacked on thinking pvp. They can't keep control within this environment so that's why they chained it in Any of their mmorpg games. 

So the massive amount of Boomers, grinders, farmers which play from time to time without real engagement and challenge but with real credit card payements can have their casual limited experience without danger and unexpected situations.

For fact, even if they manage to create rules to protect those who don't want to be part of a full experience. They struggle with so many ways to exploit and progress out of the chart and never wanted to investigate ways to fix it. 
The community which use these mechanics is not what Ankama milks the most but mostly what you can call the Star segmentation of their customers. The ones who will buy the most anyway but in far smaller numbers. Since 21 century lots of studios in gaming tends to adopt this behavior and sell their own integrity to get as much potential players as possible. As much as they love their mvp, getting payed 5€, 500k times is wealthier for the company than getting 300€ a thousand time.

​​​So yeah. You're dear suggestions are very well recieved my friends but please, do you have any idea how much it would cost? Starting by the losses. Huge potential money losses. Invest in the huge numbers, let the minority deal with it by themselves they are mostly going to stay or comeback anyway.

​​​​​

0 0
Score : 981

I'm a lvl 200 player, and personally I have no use for PVP as a general rule. It's time consuming,  pointless (for me), and I recall one former player who, when I was only at lvl 30, hounded me for 10 minutes to fight them, then left the game when I won. Not a happy experience.

HOWEVER, there ar circumstances where the restoration of this aspect might have merit.

I am thoroughly fed up with people not having resources they need for crafting. I have literally spent hours planting, only to see a player remove crops as I go, with no thought to collecting seeds and replanting. If I plant, it' so that other players can have resources, not one selfish and short-sighted person. I have also been verbally abused when I've suggested replanting after harvesting might be  good approach. And please don't get me started on spending literally weeks trying to find a resource that had been completely tripped.

Or running across a higher level player hounding and bullying a newer player. I see this semi-regularly.

In such cases, I might lean towards restoring pvp action.

2 0
Score : 312

Open world PvP, without the ability to opt-out of it, is the one thing that would make me quit playing faster than anything else.

1 0
Score : 17

For some time world pvp was a real thing, mostly at the start of Dofus and at this time, if you attacked someone in a neutral place or if you attacked someone simply to low level for you it was seen kind of a war crime and a godlike npc would join on the griefed side to defend it biggrin

1 0
Score : 564

Kwai-no-kami|2019-05-23 12:01:06
Another point the old "Open World PvP" system had wrong - the concept of "Merit"... one gained Merit rank by simply winning fights... and players with higher rank were allowed to obtain very high-powered gear with special bonuses for PvP.     It was far too easy to "farm Merit" by creating a 2nd account with "cannon-fodder" characters who would be repeatedly killed to boost the main account's characters Merit to gain access to higher-powered gear.

but what Merit did not properly measure was the concept of HONOR !!   

How much HONOR is there in slaughtering players much weaker than yourself??
How much HONOR is there in attacking an unprepared and unwilling opponent??
How much HONOR is there in murdering citizens of your own or allied countries who are NOT outlaws??

Yet the old "Merit" system REWARDED those dishonorable acts !!     

Small wonder, the thugs, bullies and griefers multiplied until the world cried out for relief !!

I suspect that if committing a dishonorable act caused all of the high-powered gear a PvP player possessed to suddenly and irrevocably crumble into dust and rust, that would be a suitable punishment for dishonoring the privileges that gear represents. 

The "CP" (citizen point) penalties for murdering non-outlaw'ed fellow citizens and allies were also far too weak to deter such actions.  

The dishonorable act of murdering a non-outlaw'ed fellow citizen, or ally, should immediately result in the killer becoming an outlaw themselves with a very large negative CP, so that a longer "prison sentence" would be imposed than for something like harvesting too many plants !!

There needs to be harsh consequences for dishonorable acts !!    Maybe with a bit of tuning of this sort, the Open-World PvP might work without overly encouraging bullies and thugs.

I can ensure you that every Adult Human who has a serious understanding of "Honor" will not seek for it in a Video-Game while PvPing.

But many won't understand this...
1 0
Score : -12

WE NEED OPEN PVP BACK

0 -1
Score : 301

If you want the ability to attack anyone, anytime, regardless of if they want it or not, big no. Asking to be allowed to ruin other's fun to your own amusement is disgusting. I'd leave and never to return if I can get attacked unprovoked, without cause.

If you want "toggle" PvP, that's just asking for a duel with less steps.

I'm pretty sure outlaws can be attacked, given that if there's an outlaw around, I often get the message telling me to try and arrest them...

I don't really see any merits to adding such option back.

2 0
Respond to this thread