FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Suggestion] Lobby based dungeon

By aeinn - MEMBER - December 23, 2018, 14:59:41

Instead of having player doing same dungeon seperately, why not make it sort of lobby matchmaking?
My proposal
-remove group finder
-create an interface that show amount of player/group doing the dungeon
-player who wish to participate the dungeon will be given choice between entering a new room or to join other room/group
-if the 'join others option' is choosen, it will place players in lobby
-instead of being prompted by group request, player/group within the dugeon will be prompted by system regarding player waiting in lobby
-player/group within dungeon can open the menu that shows players waiting in lobby and to decide wheter to invite players waiting in lobby
-if multiple player is in lobby, system will also assign the lobby player together

if my proposal seems to be flawed i also accept any suggestion under comment section

6 -1
Reactions 9
Score : 583

Many people suggested this, it would be awesome! with a roulette system, where you could choose a level range, and the game would make you join any available team for any dungeon in that range.

1 -1
Score : -4710

Nothing is more convenient than filling a party with heros completely. Too bad you need to dual box for this. Now that we can own up to 18 characters, it's a good time to allow players to fill a party completely through one client and one account.

You'll have an easier and less stressful time controlling all 6 characters instead of playing roulette in regards to your team mates.

You have absolutely no idea or control over the items and build of your human team mates. Nor do you have control over their decisions.

Playing with heros allows you to avoid the stress and conflicts that arise from disagreeing with other players.

Playing in a group of 6 humans means you actually get to play for less than 10minutes out of every hour.

As the game's population continues to decline, it's probably more efficient to not waste resources on a lobby few will use. Many will stick to the more convenient and efficient heros.

TherionX|2018-12-23 15:37:20
I think that the game should give the player the oportunity to play as he or she desires.
If you wanna play with a full party with 1 account it's fine, but it doesn't mean that people who likes to play with other people shoudn't play as they like.
This idea will help people find groups, and won't hurt your way of playing. 
So i don't see why you're being against it.

You don't see why I'm against it because you didn't read a word of what I wrote.

I already clearly stated this takes resources, money and time, that could otherwise be used on something else.

The resources wasted on this idea would be better spent on a server merger.

If you're having issues finding a group, it's because of how low your server population is. Server merger would better solve this issue.
1 -7
Score : 140

I think that the game should give the player the oportunity to play as he or she desires.
If you wanna play with a full party with 1 account it's fine, but it doesn't mean that people who likes to play with other people shoudn't play as they like.
This idea will help people find groups, and won't hurt your way of playing. 
So i don't see why you're being against it.

2 -1
Score : 846

In theory this is nice, but isnt this actually has been covered in group finder? Also what about the scenario of which you need a premade party like for als?

0 -1
Score : 856

This allow u to join group/players that is already within the dungeon either from room 1 till room 3.
this also remove possibility of having offline player showing in the group finder.

unfortunately for als run people still have to search group outside of dungeon as having people joined halfway or inviting random auto page player does not help.

0 -1
Score : -4710

Alegria-|2018-12-23 19:23:48
how about a team made out of one player with 3 heroes + one playr with 3 heroes? or one player with 3 heroes + 3 players? Choose your allies, make friend with people who know how to play, or teach new ones, then you shouldn't be stressed in fight.

And server merge won't do anything to your 6-heroes-in-2-windows team, so both are for you a "waste of ressources". Just no matter how many people there is in a server (because it's merged or not) lazy people won't search for other players if it's hard, they will play stasis 1 alone and/or use heroes. So yes, a team maker would be useful.

Take your own advice and find some friends.

Server merger would add more bodies to the existing group finder. Therefore you're wrong.

Arguments that are based on super specific examples are hilarious at best. You want sweeping changes that only benefit a small group, based on very specific situations. Still a waste of money and resources.  

Why should money be wasted to benefit a niche group of people? Oh right, it shouldn't.

Server merger would still provide you with more people to play with, compared to a lobby. Lobby does nothing for you on an empty server.

Well, I'll still agree to disagree.
0 -4
Score : 583

oh, but I do have some friends. But YOU, you don't make friends, you make a 6 characters team you control, so no matter what it would be "a waste".
The existing group finder isn't much used, isn't practical, many people ignore it's possible to tag several dungeons (and btw it's only to tag dungeons, not for quests or mobs outside). Therefore, you are wrong.

who's the niche? everyone in the game, except the niche who uses 6 characters they own will be able to use that team maker tool.

oh right, because you think there aren't enough people in each server? actually, there is enough people, but they aren't put together. so YES it is possible to make a team on a server. there is no "empty" server.

and I don't think you'll be less stressed to make friends in a merged server, because there'll be the same amount of incompetent players, so keep your advice to make friends for yourself.

1 0
Respond to this thread