By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Reinvent Marketplace (de darm to petty undercutters)

By moskov977 - MEMBER - December 07, 2018, 19:29:57

Petty price undercutting is BS. I am glad that their seems to be some improvements coming along but PLEASE! The marketplace needs more than that to be actually fair for sellers. I see their was a post for buyer's market and I am all for it but if that's not gonna happen maybe implement some more changes to the current marketplace.

Suggestions:
1. Make it so that if a product is already listed in market another seller has either match the price or give atleast a 10% discount or up the price.
2. If the above one isn't good enough for some reason then maybe have it so that if the new product entry price is within 10% cost difference of the previous/closest price range entry then it is sorted based on time by default rather than price.

Having some person undercut you by 1 kama and lose the visibility in market is not fair. Petty price undercutting is BS. I am glad that their seems to be some improvements coming along but PLEASE! The marketplace needs more than that to be actually fair for sellers. I see their was a post for buyer's market and I am all for it but if that's not gonna happen maybe implement some more changes to the current marketplace.

Suggestions:
1. Make it so that if a product is already listed in market another seller has either match the price or give a certain % discount based on avg price range ( say 7% for products between 30k-100k and  2.5% for 1mill+) or up the price.
2. If the above one isn't good enough for some reason then maybe have it so that if the new product entry price is within the above mentioned discount creteria cost difference of the previous/closest price range entry then it is sorted based on time by default rather than price. (say, previous product went for 2mill and new entry is for 1,999,900 then the 2mill will be on display by default because it was put up first)

Having some person undercut you by 1 kama and lose the visibility in market is not fair. 

8 -7
Reactions 9
Score : -4463

As a consumer, I'm glad I'm getting the lowest possible price. I don't think I should have to pay extra, just because it hurts someone's feelings or because they don't want to price their wares competitively. You never once mentioned dropping your prices significantly. And someone is offering a better price than you are.

At no point does the OP consider making their prices competitive. Instead they want special treatment.

Ever think that perhaps people aren't buying your products because the price is too high?

You want guaranteed kamas, just mine. The Kama minting press will never undercut you.

I can't wait for the upcoming changes to the market.

1 -2
Score : 256

... I do realise that if what I am asking for comes true I too will have to either match the price or offer a better deal. You are the one making the wrong assumptions here 

0 0
Score : 9

I mean if you see someone undercutting you, then there's nothing to stop you from undercutting them back, unless someone buys the item in the meantime (and if the item is being bought that quickly, then surely a second copy of that item should also be bought similarly quickly?).

If it shows both items to the buyer, then they have the choice of buying from who they want - if people feel the same way as you, then they can always choose to pay 1 extra kama and ignore the person undercutting.

2 0
Score : -4463

I agree. If it's a high demand item you're selling multiple of, not hard to undercut back. Perhaps make more effort to have higher volume of wares.

Think of markets as another form of PvP.

0 -2
Score : 681

I always have 5 set of price when trying to be jerk. But yeah low cut is annoying

2 0
Score : 1900

Resource and equipment markets should be subtly split
the current model is great for resources but not fitting for equipment, since it only shows the lowest price of a given rarity completely ignoring runes
for gear I say the Dofus style of market makes more sense, as it shows you the desired gear with an expected price, then gives you a dropdown list of all the gear listings on the market board, so you can look if you want the vanilla gear, with certain elements or runed instead of right now which has to do with disabling the option that says "list only lowest price"

2 0
Respond to this thread