By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Score : 613

Wakfu original server?? (like, seriously OG, 2007/8)

By YummyLollies - MEMBER - August 24, 2018, 23:41:52

Hi everyone, 
I'm searching for any sort of media on the old school wakfu, the original closed beta (alpha???) that was released in french only. I played this when i was only 9 or so, and it absolutely filled my life with joy (i know, sounds sad, but it truly was something special) it inspired the hell out of me and was super fun, wakfu is still something magical but it will never be as it was.

Wakfu back then was pretty different, but with the same underlying principles (player driven ecology, no NPC's, fun as all hell).... some of which have been bent and broken

Its been a dream of mine to run among the ole' island of amakna (actually i cant remember if it was amakna or astrub but there was only only island) all the way to the top where the strongest monster was, a level 50 wild gobbal (the equivalent of a UB these days, you'd offen see groups hanging about waiting for the big guy to respawn, ultimtely wanting the gobbly king hat he dropped)

I dont know if anyone from those days is still around, let alone here on the english community (i can't speak french, or i'd post this there) has any help on media, or if any MODS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AN OLD SCHOOL SERVER AHEm, ahem............
much love

4 -2
Reactions 7
Score : 10856

I mean nostalgia and everything, but lemme say this, wakfu in beta/release was really bad

The classes were even less balanced then now
There were only 4 nations instead of 6
Dodge mechanics removed all your AP and MP if you failed a dodge
Ecaflips had a spell that reduced all air spell costs by 1 AP
Eniripsas had to use a mark to summon a coney
Xelor's dial shared HP with the summoner
Sadidas had to cast spells on seeds to summon dolls
etc.

0 -2
Score : 15128

This would be great...it seems like they open any kind of server ever for Dofus but nothing for Wakfu even though it's dead.

1 -1
Score : 2

cody5|2018-09-15 16:50:05
I mean nostalgia and everything, but lemme say this, wakfu in beta/release was really bad

The classes were even less balanced then now
There were only 4 nations instead of 6
Dodge mechanics removed all your AP and MP if you failed a dodge
Ecaflips had a spell that reduced all air spell costs by 1 AP
Eniripsas had to use a mark to summon a coney
Xelor's dial shared HP with the summoner
Sadidas had to cast spells on seeds to summon dolls
etc.

I dont see a single argument there which debunks my suggestion. I know you were refering to his suggestion though. For some reason you decided to avoid mine biggrin.
0 0
Score : 328

I miss the Revive mark on the last mobs kill and you can control it for a turn~

3 0
Score : 15128

Wakfu was full of creativity like that. Balance is important and all but classes just used to be so much fun in the beginning of wakfu. A classic server would bring that back.

2 0
Score : 858

This was a long time ago, I just want a new server in general biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W85tEBfo_8w

2 0
Score : 2

I wanted to start a new topic suggesting the idea of a Classic Wakfu server. But for some reason i cant create topics. I can only comment on other people´s topics.

0 0
Respond to this thread