FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Single client server.

By Alocispep - MEMBER - April 21, 2018, 12:54:11

I just tried Dofus for the first time today, and found out they have a single account server, which while playing i can't help but think how i'd love to play on a wakfu server like this. I think i'd love to start a brand new account and get that wide eyed new beginning on wakfu again.

Tell me what you guys think about that? if you'd be interested? what character you'd make first? if you think any of your friends who used to play would join you on that new server? and so on and so forth, i'm really interested in what people think good or bad.

4 -7
Reactions 14
Score : 2004

they'll need to adjust crafting recipe since some absurd materials requirement for upgrading gear is obvious designed with people running with alt in mind

0 0
Score : 12951

They've tried everything to increase wakfu's population except this (which increased the dofus population).

It's like they can't put logic together to find solutions even when worked for another one of their products. Losing money is a key strategy from what I see.

2 -2
Score : 152

Dofus single character server have crashed down in the past few weeks when they introduced BAK .   And the population hype wasn't that good... 

Sad honestly everyone is playing cod and bf .  These little jewels of games are forgotten.

0 0
Score : 441

I feel kinda eh about leaving my 6 characters behind in a server to start brand new in a new one since I've been playing a single account since I started. I think the economy would be more balanced. They don't need to adjust recipes. It's the challenge that brings people together to craft something cool. You're not supposed to be able to craft all recipes solo.

I don't know how I'd feel but if they at least allowed Steam players to migrate I'd be fine with a Single account server to play in. ^^ It'd actually make me enjoy wakfu a lot more knowing that I don't necessarily need a god booster to be able to clear content because I can just group up with other single account users and have fun with them.

All that and the fact that I already spent a considerable amount of money in my single account over the years.

2 0
Score : 2882

Single account server is kinda what you got today in wakfu. If you want the dofus single account server to work in wakfu then you kinda have to prohibit the use of heroes.

Or are you refering to make a single character server? That would be kinda dull since you would prollu want to switch around on characters from time to time.

0 0

The point of single account server is to use one class at a time so that your worth is in the class. That's where the fun is, a lot of people don't see the fun in being forced to boost 2 accounts to get through dungeons. That separates the community

Single account server makes the community come together, that's basically the point of it.

2 0
Score : 4110

hoping that the guild panda or eni or feca was online would kill me and that's assuming i was good enough at making friends to have those :^).

1 0

That would be ankama's problem to solve.

Instead of designing dungeons heavily on needing feca/sacrier (eni/sadida) they should design them to need less of that.

Or give more classes the option to be a GREAT tank and a GREAT healer. Sadida's earth branch could be a great tank as good as feca in this new server for example. No need to pay a feca real money to run a dungeon.

Wakfu's just such an unfun design that it crumbles under its bad design in every way. Either way, single account server would be a good start if they change the level 100+ dungeons to no heavily need tank/healers just by decreasing boss/enemy damage. Or giving a passive that gives you +40% final resists (-40$ final damage) and solve that problem there, same with healing.

Anything is better than what we have in nox/remington/phaeris

3 0

Shiracharm|2018-04-22 16:56:58
That would be ankama's problem to solve.

Instead of designing dungeons heavily on needing feca/sacrier (eni/sadida) they should design them to need less of that.

Or give more classes the option to be a GREAT tank and a GREAT healer. Sadida's earth branch could be a great tank as good as feca in this new server for example. No need to pay a feca real money to run a dungeon.

Wakfu's just such an unfun design that it crumbles under its bad design in every way. Either way, single account server would be a good start if they change the level 100+ dungeons to no heavily need tank/healers just by decreasing boss/enemy damage. Or giving a passive that gives you +40% final resists (-40$ final damage) and solve that problem there, same with healing.

Anything is better than what we have in nox/remington/phaeris

I agree 100% with you there.
I don't mind some classes being better than others at a singular role.

I take issue with the fact that most end-game content is designed exclusively for Feca/Sacrier Eni/Sadi.

Dungeons should be reworked as a whole alongside the Party finding system.
Wakfu is already a niche population game and they go and segregate the population even further.

1 0
Score : 1684

Instead of making a new server why not make some dungeons disallow the use of heroes and alt accounts. similar to how battlefield works I think it is more easier and less tasking. 6 years of playing the game and staring all over again is kinda not so acceptable to me and among others like me, especially the time and effort I have put into through my chars through thick and thin..  My characters are way more than just a disposable piece of data, It already has sentimental value to me. 

1 0

I actually like the idea a lot.
Restrict dungeons to a single character. The problem will be the Single Account thing. :|

0 0
Score : 203

If you make the server  playable for really solo then it would be great , in the original sever we kinda have to buy a booster or find a group which most of the time impossible to find especially at low levels . idk if you dropped the idea long ago as this is very old post but the idea is great , hope you see this and rethink of doing it.

0 0
Score : 812

Pretty much what we had before hero system got introduced (sure, some people used multiboxing but it wasn't very common). I never want to return to those dark times. Took forever to find a party for dungeons, during the battle people were just trying to show off as much as possible, with no consideration for their teammates, everything was chaotic and messy. I play with my friends a lot, but being able to run things on my own when they are not online is a great option.

Instead of separate server, I think it would be better to get a working team search option. For people who are not interested in controlling more than 1 char or those who can't afford a booster, that would already be a big improvement. We don't have a lot of players anyway so separating them would bring more harm than good imo.

0 0
Score : 538

I couldn't play a single character. In a six person party watching and waiting for my turn to come around is far too boring, that alone is enough to make me not wanna play. 

0 0
Respond to this thread