By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Score : 1009

Change Prompts/Pop-Ups to be Less Invasive

By Norendithas - MEMBER - March 11, 2018, 00:48:07

I'm just going to start by simply stating.  I HATE PVP!  I also know that I cannot possibly be the only one.

In my opinion the prompt for "friendly" PvP is invasive and other players never ask in chat first.  I could be in the middle of something and accidentally click to start a fight when I'm in the middle of doing other things.
Now yes, I know I can just use delete to quit the fight and then go back to my business...  but I don't want anything to do with player versus player.  I should have the option to completely block "friendly" fight requests so nothing ever even shows up on my screen and I can just go about my business uninterrupted.

I completely understand that the Battlefields and Crime system should ignore this.  If I'm a criminal that is ecoterrorizing, then yes another player should be able to attack me, or if I went into a Battlefield that's different, but those are things that I can actively avoid involvement with.  But as a player that despises PvP I have no way to avoid the invasive fight prompt.

I suggest adding an option either in the actual options menu or on the player's passport to just turn off "friendly" PvP.

Please and thank you.

P.S.  I say "friendly" because I don't think any form of PvP is actually friendly in any way.

EDIT========================================

In lieu of HateSpawn's explosion (appropriate name for person is completely and utterly appropriate).  I have changed the topic to something I now think is far more appropriate.  Based on the direction our discussion has turned.  I think that ALL the prompts and popups need to be changed.  There are too many invasive windows that cover the screen in my opinion.  Trade offers, "friendly" PvP challenges, group offers would do better with their own button(s) off to the side as not to interfere with gameplay.

Brisant has said it best:

Brisant|2018-03-12 23:28:49
I agree popups in general could be improved. I don't care if people ask me for friendly match, for team or for trade but it could not take the whole freaking screen. I have pressed enter to send a message in chat to instead accidentally accept a team invite, a trade invite or a friendly spar. Like holy diddlydoo.

Just make it a popup without priority, without blocking all interactions until declining or accepting. I want to be able to ask someone why are they trading to me before accepting the invite. I want to be able to see who in the map is asking me to join their team. I want to be able to send that chat message before I accept the friendly duel. It's UI design 101. Don't disrupt play unless strictly needed.

Dofus got it right. Shouldn't be too difficult for Wakfu to actually have decent UI design for once (looking at you, booster bar.)
7 0
Reactions 16
Score : 129

I agree that some people can find a new button such as muting duels but to say that you hate pvp in the forums is a bit risky my friend, Pvp lovers such as myself may take offense to this, just giving you a heads up for the comments that are about to unravel here. But seriously. There's no need to hate pvp when your playing a MMPORG/MMO. No brainer.

1 -5
Score : 25230

There should simply exist an option to block incoming party invites, guild invites, trade requests, pvp requests - basically anything that may interupt you in anyway.

There's nothing wrong with your suggestion. Even if you like pvp, such option should exist because simply you might not be in mood or have no time for pvp at the moment. Its QoL improvement.

4 0
Score : 13278

I would ask having it popping-up with a shiny icon in the bottom of the screen (like those when you complete an achievement or quest), rather than having the window appearing in the middle of your screen.

You get the notification, you click it to open and check it, you accept or refuse it then. This would be better than those screen-flooding they make once, and again, and again, and would prevent that accidental click on the buttons when you are for example walking to a point, or gathering resources, planting (specially planting), etc. With fancy graphics depending on which kind was it laugh: A Kama bag for a trading request, a crossed-swords icon for a duel request, the Community icon for a group request... you get the idea. Only one window at a time.

4 0
Score : 4360

...so this is a quality of life thing for you folks? Like...it's not that big of a deal to me to just give up and continue doing whatever.

Though I can see that utilizing your time the way you want to is one of the most important aspects of gaming in general. Time is a precious resource after all. No use spending it doing things you don't want to do. People invading your playtime even with minute hiccups like this could get annoying.

Not wanting anything to do with pvp is your choice, as narrow as your view for player versus player interactions may be, everyone has different tastes. Don't just mash pvp into one big category because you talking about battlefields and guard/outlaw interactions at all in this topic is inherently wrong. PvP and Sparring are two different things. 

Sparring is simply practice, whether people view it as such or not. Developing tactics for pvp, doesn't work well versus monsters, and with low populations and time conflictions, bothering strangers is probably a necessity. Plus, today's stranger can be tomorrow's friend.

The PvP instances that are allowed now past friendly matches (sparring), currently, are actually just guards vs outlaws and nation Conquest. We now have less than before if you really think about it. Though Nation conquest has improved drastically. Pking, the only actual form of antagonistic pvp, isn't possible in the game anymore unless you make a huge miscalculation by inviting an insane person to a dungeon run and they go out of their way to attack the team in the middle of a run.

Pvp is essentially player generated content in its own right. Or at least it can be viewed as such. It can be valued as an important resource for ankama to build upon since it can create a good amount of longevity for their game.

Anyway, you do you. An auto decline option for friendly matches (sparring) is a harmless request. 

1 -1

Christian-CAO|2018-03-11 07:24:16

Anyway, you do you. An auto decline option for friendly matches (sparring) is a harmless request. 

That's all I'm asking for.

I'm fine respectfully disagreeing on some opinionated points.  I completely understand that just because I don't like PvP doesn't mean that everyone hates it.  I know the vast majority probably enjoy PvP, but for me as a player that does hate PvP as I've stated it's an incredible turn off to be flooded with challenge requests.  I can actively avoid criminal/guard interactions.  I can actively avoid the nation conquests.  I can actively avoid the battlefields.  What I cannot avoid is this:
Kwai-no-kami|2018-03-10 18:30:04
There is an unfortunate species of imbecile who won't take a simple "no" for an answer - this refers to the dweeb who challenges you to a "friendly duel" and when you decline it because you are occupied with something else, repeatedly challenges you keeping your screen locked with challenges until you simply log off to be rid of the imbecile.   angry

An game option to silently decline challenges would be useful.   

Another possibility would be for the game to treat challenges in a similar way to chat flooding - i.e. after a third declined challenge, block the player issuing the challenges from doing so for some short period of time, say five minutes.   rolleyes

And THIS (^^^^^^^) is the major issue.

TheRogueCat|2018-03-10 19:41:51
I would ask having it popping-up with a shiny icon in the bottom of the screen (like those when you complete an achievement or quest), rather than having the window appearing in the middle of your screen.

You get the notification, you click it to open and check it, you accept or refuse it then. This would be better than those screen-flooding they make once, and again, and again, and would prevent that accidental click on the buttons when you are for example walking to a point, or gathering resources, planting (specially planting), etc. With fancy graphics depending on which kind was it laugh: A Kama bag for a trading request, a crossed-swords icon for a duel request, the Community icon for a group request... you get the idea. Only one window at a time.

I think I prefer this idea than what even I initially suggested.  A glowing blue icon like when you level up, a character gets a new spell or passive, or two nations change allegiances.  They already have the "community" button that they could put these options in or add new ones like you said.

At the end of the day the issue is invasive prompt boxes.  I don't want to visit websites that have pop-ups...I don't want to play a game that does either.

EaterOfSouls55|2018-03-10 18:12:33
I agree that some people can find a new button such as muting duels but to say that you hate pvp in the forums is a bit risky my friend, Pvp lovers such as myself may take offense to this, just giving you a heads up for the comments that are about to unravel here. But seriously. There's no need to hate pvp when your playing a MMPORG/MMO. No brainer.

I'm not trying to offend anyone.  I have a strong opinion and that should be fine.  Just like I'm not mad that you enjoy PvP.  I know that most MMOs have at least one component that is competitive, but I'm playing Wakfu to cooperatively fight NPCs with my friends.

All I would ask is that people that want to request a "friendly" PvP match whisper the other person first.
I don't think the invasive prompt is asking.  I think jumping straight to that is rude.
Again that's my opinion again.  But I wouldn't be upset getting a whisper asking for a duel.  I can respectfully decline that way or just completely ignore if I'm super busy.  The prompt interrupts my gameplay and that is what pisses me off.
2 0
Score : 17172

Oh my actual god.

Anyone remember when anyone could be killed anywhere at anytime for any reason? 

How is this a thread, how are people this ridiculous??

Also to all of you posting who are somehow vehemently enraged by being asked to fight, two things that you are blatantly unaware of due to your commendable incompetence.

1) If you block a player, all of their duel, group, and trade requests are automatically declined.
2) If a player attempts to challenge another player 4 times in rapid succession it triggers a "Flood" in the chat, and prevents the action for about 45 seconds.

So this means you are 

1) Suggesting a system that, more or less, already exists and you are too ignorant to actually comprehend or ask about
2) Crying about something that would, at worst, consume twelve seconds of a given play period.

How is this the Wakfu Forums in 2018? What happened? What went wrong? I can't imagine how either OP or hupper ava guy here would react to a good old-fashioned Pooplar or Punishment, let alone getting 6 v 1'd by a herd of unreasonably high resist sacriers.

How did this even come this far?????

Why did open world PvP get removed??? So the PvP QQer's could just keep QQing about things that aren't even relevant?? Ankama please think about your decisions.

3 -5
Score : 10822

Yes, I remember that time, it as cr*p.

1)To block someone you have to first "know" about him.
What the people here suggest is a blocking for ALL INCOMING challenges, you can see the difference, right?

2) There are ways to prevent flooding being activated for chat, so probably for challenges too.

Also, what is so bad about asking to improve an existing "feature"?

6 0
Score : 1512

I agree popups in general could be improved. I don't care if people ask me for friendly match, for team or for trade but it could not take the whole freaking screen. I have pressed enter to send a message in chat to instead accidentally accept a team invite, a trade invite or a friendly spar. Like holy diddlydoo.

Just make it a popup without priority, without blocking all interactions until declining or accepting. I want to be able to ask someone why are they trading to me before accepting the invite. I want to be able to see who in the map is asking me to join their team. I want to be able to send that chat message before I accept the friendly duel. It's UI design 101. Don't disrupt play unless strictly needed.

Dofus got it right. Shouldn't be too difficult for Wakfu to actually have decent UI design for once (looking at you, booster bar.)

4 0

This!  Oh so much this!  A good UI would completely make my request pointless.  The way things are set up now there are far too many things that just take up the whole screen and claim priority over everything else and they SHOULDN'T!

0 0
Score : 1107

I agree with all that. I didn't mention that before but it is intrusive, it blocks everything... even trading offers are like that.

1 0
Score : 159

Funny, I came looking for where this option was hidden and apparently it hasn't even been implemented. Wakfu, you're lagging behind. EVERY MMO that offers the ability to create parties, offer trades, request friendships, invite to guilds and challenge players to friendly duels also has the ability to allow the user to automatically decline these.

No one is affected negatively by this feature. In fact, in addition to allowing people who only want to PVE to do so, it saves PVPers time because people who don't want to PVP will have it auto-decline and the PVPer will know not to re-challenge that person.

1 0

this year they plan to improve a lot of technical issues, maybe this too?

1 0
Score : 1342

Oh, I'm glad such a thread exists. Would like to see someone from the staff pay attention to it...

0 0

I mentioned that in the french forum so it would have better chances to be seen, but no answer yet
https://www.wakfu.com/fr/forum/69-autres/411811-met-epreuve-notre-patience-recensement

1 0
Respond to this thread