FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Storage unit objects for the Haven Bag

By TheRogueCat - MEMBER - May 14, 2017, 17:35:48

O hai, after some scattered ideas tossed around here, I thought about making it a suggestion. The idea is, having objects that would work very much like the display windows for selling items, but these ones being for private storage of items for the owner. In many cases the display windows are used as extra storing space rather than for selling items, so these objects would fulfill that storage goal (that we all know that there never is enough room for storing all the trash an adventurer gets during their daily routine tongue). Some examples and random ideas:

A quick example would be a craftable item for Handyman profession, let's say for jeweler-related items, and when used inside of the Haven Bag, it would be placed in a given tile just like any display window would. After that, the item would be interactive for the bag owner to place and pull items of that given category. That way, one might have a "fancy stash" object for storing jeweler profession components, a "weapons and armor rack" for storing equipment, a "refrigerator" (LoL) or "clay pots" for storing food, a "barn" for storing pets...

Possible adventages:
-It might reduce the need for making extra accounts and chars that have no other goal than being used as mules or storage accounts.
-It might be used for adding more demand for resources that might have little use (cabbages, anyone?), or simply to give more life to the Kamas trading and sinking, due to the continued demand for more and more storage room requirements.
-For those who can't wait to get the materials and craft one, it might be another addition for the shop. *hint hint, clue clue* That is, as long as they were tradeable, right?
-It would make happy to all those hoarders who want to keep a collection of polished gems, minerals, and other assorted shiny paperweights.

Possible setbacks:
-The available room at the Haven Bag might limit the amount of storage units that could be installed.
-Careful with them being interactive/usable by anyone. Bookshelves can be used and read by anyone, but only the owner can place and withdraw books from it. Something like that for the storage units.
-Increased amount of recipes and items for the database? No idea.

Anyway, thanks for your time. Opinions? Comments? Refining ideas?

EDIT @ 2-May-18: Allowing a custom label for them would be a nice addition too. For displaying it as a sub-title on rollover over the shelf.

5 0
Reactions 14
Score : 2154

This is a great idea, would love to see this implemented, since storage space is a big problem right now on Wakfu.

1 0
Score : 4932

I mean the ikeakits already work like that, but having it all in one chest isn't as fun, even if there's a limit on how many you can have in a bag.

0 0
Score : 2154

But the chest is not enough considering there are thousands of items in the game, and with every new zone there are more and more. We need more ways to store items and a search system.

0 0
Score : 1276

This tread continues to pop up and it probably going to be ignored onece again just because the mule account is a simple way around the problem (annoying but simple even more after the white sadida bags appeared)
But in case it get noticed:
Second inventory option can work nicely like the token one but separate with its own bags and boxes (even if its payed option like ALS pages)

The chest has lots unused spaces so maybe multiple Ikiakits on 1 page

Also mule accounts are considered as unique active players soo they are boosting the game stats a bit XD. 
I Hope i am wrong and they let us expand our inventoy in some way but honestly i dont think it will happen soon :S

0 0
Score : 16346

SPAMmer and abandoned accounts would also count as such, but they removed it giving priority to getting rid of burdens for the database, so...

I proposed this thing because it would be a tidy way to storage and find stuff, and working just like the displays, so it would be a simple and effective way to do it. Any other alternative would be welcome too (that idea of yours of increasing the stash size by adding more ikiakits of the same kind would be a good alternative too, but it would likely require more work than a modified version of the displays).

0 0

hmmm account chest is doubled on beta XD
Our prays has been answered

0 0
Score : 16346

ONLY the account one?! Meh.

0 0
Score : 11805

I can get behind more storage room, but if they're going to do it I think it should be implemented in the existing ikiakit chest system.

Having 2 systems that fulfil the exact same purpose just seems redundant.

0 0

I prefer it as a booster perk ... more boosters = better maintanence + its more convinient to shift stuff between heroes for example if you have loads of stuff for sale just just throw them there and sell them through various chars

0 0
Score : 590

I want this! When I first saw the sadida bags in the shop, I saw they were in the havenbag decoration category, so I thought it was really bags you put on the ground in your havenbag.

1 0
Score : 845

I prefer if they would add more furniture that can hold items like chest, drawers etc. as much as like book case. Plus would be also better if they put the haven bag chest boxes (near control room) with full storage space all slots.

1 0
Respond to this thread