By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Score : 269

Marriage in Wakfu

By Tasme - MEMBER - February 18, 2017, 21:52:09
AnkaTracker

I (and my now ingame hubby) have been thinking if marriage could ever be a thing in Wakfu.

I mean, a lot of rpg have this kind of feature, be it simbolic with no big bonuses in some cases. 

We have a chapel like thingy in trool fair so it's not like there is no location for it and people get to roleplay as couples anyway (I see you >.&gtwink
And it doesn't need to be a featurless thing either, you could get like 5pp and 5wis if you are in the party with your partner or something like that, maybe get some name tint that only you and your partner can see. That kind of tiny tiny features. 
This is not something major or important to the game, just something I think would add to the rp part of community. 
First Ankama intervention

I think that it is super cute and we have shared some ideas as well with the team based on creating a Marriage pack or something the Community might like, but I am not making any promises yet. smile

See message in context
Reactions 33
Score : 358

I'm with you. I love marriages in MMOs. laugh

I mean, even the Wakfu series had one. (The most beautiful one!) I wish we had it ingame too!

Score : 131

would love this wub

Score : 90

Gay marriage in mmos. Rule no. 30. Remember wink Yes, it would be cool feature, been married once in wow private server (with another guy).

Score : 334

Lol that rule 30 joke spot on

Score : 15

That would be a nice feature and they could add little things to be it cool, like a special title.

Score : 5963

Its really nice idea!

I think that it is super cute and we have shared some ideas as well with the team based on creating a Marriage pack or something the Community might like, but I am not making any promises yet. smile

Score : 201

Aren't there more pressing mattes? Like stabilize the game, increase the player population, improve the game content, etc just saying.

Score : 274

Trial by combat to settle divorce?

Loser lose all gears, kama and haven bag.

Score : 12379

Déjà vu. Here, and there, and there too. Divided by the possible outcomes this thing might have.

Score : 269
ohmy oh, the finder didn't show these when I was trying to see if anyone suggested anything like this before, thanks for bringing them up! 
Score : 5963

rbxnymzdndfyr| - MEMBER (+) - Today - 01:12:39
Aren't there more pressing mattes? Like stabilize the game, increase the player population, improve the game content, etc just saying.

U think all developers workin on the same think? They are split on groups and every part of dev team doing something else. As well you can go and blame graphic disigner for game unbalans xD
Your cocky behaivor is inopportune. Its a lil think which can be easly added to the game.
Stay chillax~!

Calls 'inopportune' an opinion cuz is different to its own..... *rollseyes*

Score : 167

I want this! i play with my girlfriend and she would love this very much!

Score : 334

I only support this if I can marry my two characters for teleporting next to one another. (Dofus feature)

When will the missing supervillains make it in game? sad

Score : 1

Dofus already have this system, and there we can teleport to our lover =X and also see where he/she is =)

Score : 664

Been waiting for something like this to be implemented in wakfu for years x"D

Score : 7434

I know it's a longshot about being heard on here sometimes, but this is something I am actually really into the idea of. My girlfriend, and I had met literally through Wakfu as in never knew each other prior to the game. The idea of being able to have a ceremonial event such as a wedding to share together via Wakfu too would be heartwarming to say the least. I don't want it to be cut short to something like the 'Sentimental Ring' and 'Wedding Outfits' to be in a pack and that be it. I want non-game breaking aspects such as, a heart when you stand next to each other/on in Wakfu, and being able to teleport to each other with a 10 minute to 30 minute cooldown. It's something small, but I would also like being able to use a Chapel and having a planned ceremony where an NPC could cordially take matters of the Wedding proclomation in its hands. These are obviously details to consider, but I dont think just a pack would cut it for myself, and some others on Wakfu. The ability to get married is something to be cherished. I hope that you and the team take this into consideration as it would mean a lot to me if it was a developed act to be married rather than a quick purchase. Thanks again for hearing us out Sabi, and the rest of the team!

Score : 2136

I think all it needs is rings. Wedding rings, to be exact.

And since they're wedding rings, they wouldn't be just any kind of rings.

• Lvl 1 ring.

• It has an interface window (such as pets or mimisimbics, etc.), where you type the name of the character (or account, which would be preferable) of the person you're married with.

• The stats should scale with your level, since you're using up a ring slot, and you don't want broken stats for lvl 1 ring, nor do you want to be lvl 200 with lvl 1 ring stats.

• But even so the stats should be toned down, since, even if they're a bit lower than what another ring of the same level would be, the importance would be in the commitment to wearing the ring. Just don't tone them down too much, or else it would feel more like a punishment to wear one. It should feel fair; not too strong nor too weak.

• The effects of the rings would be active only when both persons are online and wearing their rings. Otherwise their effects should be null.

• If one of the rings were to be destroyed, it would count as a divorce.

• The rings should be linked to account after being used once. Would eliminate the idea of making profit out of it once you've "married".

• The person that the ring is linked to (aka the person you're married to) can not be changed. If that person destroys their ring, your ring becomes null and useless until that person gets a new ring and links it to you again.

• You can not be married to more than one person at a time (sorry for you, polygamists). If you want to get remarried to a different person, one of the two rings will have to be destroyed.

• You can not marry a married person. If you try and link your ring to an account that is already married to someone else, it will simply not work. Even if that person already has an old ring that is linked to you. You will just have to wait until they divorce first.

• Married couples that are wearing their rings could have special 2-person interactive emotes with each other or auras when they're nearby each other.

What do you say?

rbxnymzdndfyr|2017-03-12 16:12:39

Of course there are but it is also important for us to stay updated on the needs and suggestions of the Community.
Score : 4

It would be just awesome! please make it!

Score : 1

Dofus had a pretty cool marriage system, that would be great to have it in Wakfu too!

Respond to this thread