FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Multiboxxing - The curse of old times?

By DerMunch May 12, 2016, 16:13:40
Reactions 50
Score : 720

Multi-accounter do not even have to pay anything since Wakfu is a free to play game. It is the hardcore players who want the premium contents/privileges that do all the paying (not necessary multi-accounters).

0 0
Score : 595

Multi-accounting (normally 6 boxing) is preferred in Wakfu as it is easier to do dungeons by yourself and yourself alone. If you mess up, you know it was your fault. Then you try harder until you figure it out by yourself. Soon, you will be able to control 6 characters at once without fail, you MAY not know the class as well as people who only play 1 character but you get where I am going with.

Now, when you dont multi-account and you friends aren't online? What do you do? Wait for them to come online too so you can do dungeons? No, you don't want to waste your time waiting for someone to log in to do dungeons...

If you multi-account, then there is a room of doing dungeons without your friends... if your friend does come online, then BAM, invite your friend to do dungeons... See, multi-accounting works this way, main reason why its not banned is more people will leave the game as a lotta end players are multi accounting for one MAIN reason. They don't want to waste time waiting for their friends to go online so they can do dungeons too...

Also, the point you are making about profit? Wakfu is a different game and so out of meta to what games are like now... Don't expect too much of newbies playing the game... End level players are the ones funding, not newbies... stick that to your brain, please.

TL; DR : OP doesn't know what he is talking about and suggesting a negative method of playing Wakfu.

0 0
Score : 7967

I've said it before and I'll say it again: give people INCENTIVE to play with other players (other than just "because community" because if a lot of no-lifer players cared about that, then they wouldn't spend 14 hrs a day EVERY SINGLE DAY WITHOUT FAIL playing Wakfu).

0 0
Score : 1671
Anthonyandrew2|2016-05-20 15:14:47
Multi-accounting (normally 6 boxing) is preferred in Wakfu as it is easier to do dungeons by yourself and yourself alone. If you mess up, you know it was your fault. Then you try harder until you figure it out by yourself. Soon, you will be able to control 6 characters at once without fail, you MAY not know the class as well as people who only play 1 character but you get where I am going with.

Now, when you dont multi-account and you friends aren't online? What do you do? Wait for them to come online too so you can do dungeons? No, you don't want to waste your time waiting for someone to log in to do dungeons...

If you multi-account, then there is a room of doing dungeons without your friends... if your friend does come online, then BAM, invite your friend to do dungeons... See, multi-accounting works this way, main reason why its not banned is more people will leave the game as a lotta end players are multi accounting for one MAIN reason. They don't want to waste time waiting for their friends to go online so they can do dungeons too...

Also, the point you are making about profit? Wakfu is a different game and so out of meta to what games are like now... Don't expect too much of newbies playing the game... End level players are the ones funding, not newbies... stick that to your brain, please.

TL; DR : OP doesn't know what he is talking about and suggesting a negative method of playing Wakfu.
About wasting time... they already do it by playing this game, don't thread a hobby as a duty which will make lose you anything if you don't do it. Wakfu is still a MMO RPG not a Single Player game.

You don't know how a Meta game is created, don't you? Most successful "Meta-Games" where unique once. They spreaded around the World because they where different, not because all of them are cloned from the same game. Go away from Wakfu and take a look to Ankama. Ankama is a Company which want to make profit. So they want to get a bigger community in the Game, what actually happen is that "old" Wakfu Gamers disappear.... they are players who played a long time, but don't play anymore. They pay just for short time sub, to do the new dungeons until they have everything, then they don't subscribe until there is new content. IF they come back to do so.

Look at the Servers who get closed, do you really think the ones who Remain will be enough to hold this game? If it is like this, why are Servers closing? Because the "End Level players funding Wakfu enough"? No they don't^^ especially the Multiboxxers don't, because they just sub 2 accounts and make the community become less and less in amount. They just go in Forum and demand for new content, more Dungeons, faster, easier to play, new mechanics but not to hard and so on. This cost time and money in resources while other Players stop Playing and paying for the Game. So if you don't want to close every Server, in long term, you need what? Oh right... new players who keep playing.... And what exactly makes a Company able to do better? Money.... or specific... more Money. So yes Profit is a big thing, even or because you have created a "non-Meta" Game. Ankama Serves to the Anime Fans with there series and style in every product they sell. This is a growing community, but Wakfu dont get more players. And if they just serve the ones who already play for a few years, they will go bankrupt. They NEED to motivate new ones to be able to go on. Ankama is not a Company of Volunteers

At the moment they just create stuff for the End-Lvl Players and Grinders. But like in every part of life this are just "extremist" Players.... the main pot of Players don't want to have to grind over and over, they want to get told a Story, lead through the whole game, play events, meet new people, play with them and just turn themselves off for an hour or two while gaming. They have a part which is called "Real life" and they don't take a game as a duty.

To say Profit have nothing to do with this game is just foolish, also to think that the small community will grow by just create end game content. You have to motivate the "new" Players. This dont happen if you create a single player game out of a MMO. If Ankama want to reach that, this would be a Game like the old Final Fantasy titles or Dragon Quest.
0 0
Score : 2450
MrMunchkin1988|2016-05-22 09:32:15
About wasting time... they already do it by playing this game, don't thread a hobby as a duty which will make lose you anything if you don't do it. Wakfu is still a MMO RPG not a Single Player game.

You don't know how a Meta game is created, don't you? Most successful "Meta-Games" where unique once. They spreaded around the World because they where different, not because all of them are cloned from the same game. Go away from Wakfu and take a look to Ankama. Ankama is a Company which want to make profit. So they want to get a bigger community in the Game, what actually happen is that "old" Wakfu Gamers disappear.... they are players who played a long time, but don't play anymore. They pay just for short time sub, to do the new dungeons until they have everything, then they don't subscribe until there is new content. IF they come back to do so.

Look at the Servers who get closed, do you really think the ones who Remain will be enough to hold this game? If it is like this, why are Servers closing? Because the "End Level players funding Wakfu enough"? No they don't^^ especially the Multiboxxers don't, because they just sub 2 accounts and make the community become less and less in amount. They just go in Forum and demand for new content, more Dungeons, faster, easier to play, new mechanics but not to hard and so on. This cost time and money in resources while other Players stop Playing and paying for the Game. So if you don't want to close every Server, in long term, you need what? Oh right... new players who keep playing.... And what exactly makes a Company able to do better? Money.... or specific... more Money. So yes Profit is a big thing, even or because you have created a "non-Meta" Game. Ankama Serves to the Anime Fans with there series and style in every product they sell. This is a growing community, but Wakfu dont get more players. And if they just serve the ones who already play for a few years, they will go bankrupt. They NEED to motivate new ones to be able to go on. Ankama is not a Company of Volunteers

At the moment they just create stuff for the End-Lvl Players and Grinders. But like in every part of life this are just "extremist" Players.... the main pot of Players don't want to have to grind over and over, they want to get told a Story, lead through the whole game, play events, meet new people, play with them and just turn themselves off for an hour or two while gaming. They have a part which is called "Real life" and they don't take a game as a duty.

To say Profit have nothing to do with this game is just foolish, also to think that the small community will grow by just create end game content. You have to motivate the "new" Players. This dont happen if you create a single player game out of a MMO. If Ankama want to reach that, this would be a Game like the old Final Fantasy titles or Dragon Quest.
Mr. know it all strikes again.

First of all, that is quite a statement you're making by saying that a hobby is wasted time especially since it's important for both the human mind and body to take a seat back and relax from time to time which you just deemed as a waste. It's still incredible how far up your own arse you are that you can say such nonsense without second thought.
Also, MMORPG still means that there are a lot of other players playing the game in the same world as you are and not that you've to play with them.

Blah! Blah! Blah! One day you might finally start to back up your statements with some actual proof instead of just pulling them out of thin air. Heck, the second part of this paragraph is a silly response to Buni since he's the exact opposite of what you're describing there.

Now let's ignore the third paragraph because it's the same BS as before (proofless claims) and move on to the next.

"At the moment they just create stuff for the End-Lvl Players and Grinders"
Saying this when the second to last patch had content for level 30, 80 and 130 players goes to show just how short sighted you are. Let's take a look at the past patches:
• 1.46: Content for high level players (170+).
• 1.45: Content for low and mid level players (30-130).
• 1.44: Content for high level players (170+)
• 1.43: Content for low and mid level players. (50 - 90).
• 1.42: Content for low level players (~60).
• 1.41: New class
This is the content that came out for the past year and as you might see, there is an equal amount of focus for all players.

Now if you would please stop projecting your thoughts and preferences on what is good for the company and what people want that would be great. You've been talking a lot of nonsense lately and it's just getting worse.
0 0

So its nonsense for a Company trying to make Profit? I dont think so^^

If you think I am short sightend your are wrong. look at the Stuff they take away from Wakfu:

- Quests for UBs
- Quest for Almanax
- Mount Zinit (why is the "old Mont Zinit" deleted?)
- Quests for a few Islands (for example Monk Island, which is left with NPCs which can be spoken to and talk nonsense because the Riddle is no longer ingame)
and I am sure there is more. Most of this stuff I could never see, because i started this Game 2 years ago. Like the Wabbit Island Story which seems to be uncomplete. All this is Content which could keep "new" Players playing in a long Term, but it has got ignored and left like it is today....

There are 6 New Dungeons since many Visual Bugs are detected. But no one of this is fixed. If you join a Game and see obviously bugged Graphics, this could make you think about going on playing. If you have like 5 Major Bugs every Update, you probably leave. This updates are unfinished and follow the yelling of people who want more end Game Content as fast as possible. In as fast as possible is no time for testing it enough to prevent these bugs. So yeah I still say, the Focus at the moment is more on the yelling End-Game Players and the Core-Gamers which are still here since Beta instead of doing something to let the amount of new players, which keep playing grow.

I dont understand what they have (not) done with Monk Island. I mean seriously... a Visual Revamp with still the same "content" which don't exist? If we talk about for whom new content is created we have also to take a look to the content which is gone or unfinished.

I don't let tell me to stop writing what i think by a (probably) kid, sorry. If I have a Opinion and want something to be thought about, I write it down and post it, if you want it or not. Deal with it or don't read it and ignore it if you want.

Before you Claim another for not backing up their statements use your Brain. It is a fact that a Game like Wakfu cant live forever by hoping, the "core" Community will stand there and make a game more and more unfriendly to the new ones. Which is a fact. If you don't believe me proof me wrong, go to Astrub, note everyone you see and look after a year how many of them logged into the Game since the last months. I dont have the time to proof this correct, but I can see what happen. I can see that there are not just a few player I was used to know, which don't play anymore.

Your post have barely something to do with the Topic.
Back to this I still think, that the support for Multi Accounters with Heros is a Curse for this Game. It has just become easier to do everything on my own. I also still think that with this, the game lose more Players than it gets.... and with this less money and more Server which will get closed...And before you state this is not proofed think about which server got closed. You think this will stop, while Nox Players complaining about having less Players over the last time?

You cant blame other for having an opinion which is against yours. Also your proof is nothing without links and sources... just sayin (even if I know what you mean and for me it is clear what you state). So stop being offensive in your posts please. you have your sight, I have mine. We get it.

0 0
Score : 2450
MrMunchkin1988|2016-05-22 20:37:31
So its nonsense for a Company trying to make Profit? I dont think so^^

If you think I am short sightend your are wrong. look at the Stuff they take away from Wakfu:

- Quests for UBs
- Quest for Almanax
- Mount Zinit (why is the "old Mont Zinit" deleted?)
- Quests for a few Islands (for example Monk Island, which is left with NPCs which can be spoken to and talk nonsense because the Riddle is no longer ingame)
and I am sure there is more. Most of this stuff I could never see, because i started this Game 2 years ago. Like the Wabbit Island Story which seems to be uncomplete. All this is Content which could keep "new" Players playing in a long Term, but it has got ignored and left like it is today....
---
There are 6 New Dungeons since many Visual Bugs are detected. But no one of this is fixed. If you join a Game and see obviously bugged Graphics, this could make you think about going on playing. If you have like 5 Major Bugs every Update, you probably leave. This updates are unfinished and follow the yelling of people who want more end Game Content as fast as possible. In as fast as possible is no time for testing it enough to prevent these bugs. So yeah I still say, the Focus at the moment is more on the yelling End-Game Players and the Core-Gamers which are still here since Beta instead of doing something to let the amount of new players, which keep playing grow.
---
I dont understand what they have (not) done with Monk Island. I mean seriously... a Visual Revamp with still the same "content" which don't exist? If we talk about for whom new content is created we have also to take a look to the content which is gone or unfinished.
---
I don't let tell me to stop writing what i think by a (probably) kid, sorry. If I have a Opinion and want something to be thought about, I write it down and post it, if you want it or not. Deal with it or don't read it and ignore it if you want.
---
Before you Claim another for not backing up their statements use your Brain. It is a fact that a Game like Wakfu cant live forever by hoping, the "core" Community will stand there and make a game more and more unfriendly to the new ones. Which is a fact. If you don't believe me proof me wrong, go to Astrub, note everyone you see and look after a year how many of them logged into the Game since the last months. I dont have the time to proof this correct, but I can see what happen. I can see that there are not just a few player I was used to know, which don't play anymore.
---
Your post have barely something to do with the Topic.
Back to this I still think, that the support for Multi Accounters with Heros is a Curse for this Game. It has just become easier to do everything on my own. I also still think that with this, the game lose more Players than it gets.... and with this less money and more Server which will get closed...And before you state this is not proofed think about which server got closed. You think this will stop, while Nox Players complaining about having less Players over the last time?
----
You cant blame other for having an opinion which is against yours. Also your proof is nothing without links and sources... just sayin (even if I know what you mean and for me it is clear what you state). So stop being offensive in your posts please. you have your sight, I have mine. We get it.
It's stupid to complain about stuff they took away because new players won't know about it. It's also not surprising to see content/lore removed to be replaced at a future date (League of Legends did this).

Same goes for incomplete stuff, it'll most likely get completed at a future date. The way I see it is that the main quest line is serving as a way to progress the time line in the game, what was left unfinished before like the Harebourg quest line might get dwelved more once we reach a certain point in the time line.

The reason why I think this is the case is because the Wakfu series (at least from what I know since I didn't have the opportunity yet to watch it) features characters currently seen in the game yet the events in the show are not yet to start anytime soon.
----
The ones responsible for making the dungeons don't have to be the ones responsible for fixing bugs. Not that this matters, bug fixing isn't nearly as easy as most people that complain make it out to be.

This is one thing that I've probably told you already but, as stubborn as you are, you just chose to ignore it.
----
"If we talk about for whom new content is created we have also to take a look to the content which is gone or unfinished."
This doesn't even make sense. Thing is that Monk Island is a mid level zone and looks now far more interesting and appealing, it's also only marketed as a visual revamp so I don't know why you're complaining.
----
Just like you've an opinion, I do have one as well on what you're writing and I'll write it as a reply whether you like it or not. Deal with it or don't read it and ignore it if you want.
----
As always, empty claims. I too know people that have stopped playing but this is a pretty normal thing, not everyone will stay with a game for years but I also know people that have joined the game recently/came back and stayed.

The game being unfriendly to other people is YOUR opinion, I started around 6 months ago and had no trouble whatsoever to start the game, level up and enjoy it. Obviously I've encountered issues along the way but it's to be expected that no game will be flaws free and what I consider a flaw might not be a flaw for someone else.
----
The post I replied to had barely anything to do with the topic. Your fault, not mine.
----
I'm not being offensive or at least not trying to. It's fine to have an opinion but there is a difference between expressing an opinion and to start treating it (or the consequences in your case) as a fact.

In any case, this topic has been going on for too long. You've stated your point of view and almost everyone did the same and there isn't actually some meaningful discussion going on about whether any of the stuff said holds any truth. I'll be (not so eagerly) waiting for your next post where you'll address almost the same thing again and how it's making people not start the game.
0 0
Score : 1433

Please, someone, delete this topic from suggestions... -.-

0 0
Score : 7967

And while we're at it, just perma-ban blaz from the forums.

0 0
Kruzy99|2016-05-23 00:01:26
----
I'm not being offensive or at least not trying to. It's fine to have an opinion but there is a difference between expressing an opinion and to start treating it (or the consequences in your case) as a fact.

fact is there already ARE consequences... i repeat it for you. Servers get closed.... at the Moment it seems to be Nox is next. (I dont know how many Players there are, but they are complaining a while that there places got empty)

So what do you need as proof more that something HAVE to happen? Maybe not exactly what I suggest with this title, I dont even expect that this will happen, but if nothing happens and the List of Bugs and missing parts becomes longer every big update, and the support for mostly one small group of the game goes on we cant play this game anymore for long.

Your failure is to think that all i stated are actual just Problems of me. But i also repeat this for you: I have a group of players, where I can go through Dungeons and High level stuff. I like this game, otherwise I wouldn't play it or write such a thread in suggestion. I dont WANT this game to be stopped. But I am also not blind. I also see many Players disappearing. I also see how many Players dont ever spend 1 Dollar in this Game and subscribe with Dofus Kamas. I saw people i know which started and ended this game very fast.

And about bugs.... visual Bugs shouldn't be a problem for half a year or more..... especially when the Company decide to redo a Event for getting such a bugged costume.

By the way... just tell me one Big advantage of Multiaccounting, since the Hero System.... you also can fill groups now with one account so this argument is invalid.... And for me if you say it is more control this is just a lag of communication on your side. So please... i am curious to hear what Multiaccounting brings for advatages to the Game. (and we are more clear back on Topic then)
0 0
Score : 646

Heya, i have to agree with munch i'm sorry, wakfu is slowly turning into dofus right now, and don't come at me with "it's always been like this' because that would be a lie, played dofus 1.0 back in the beginning, everyone was 'forced ' to play together multi acounting wasn't really a thing back then because people where just legit enjoying the game, it was very social back then, i really miss that to be honest, not saying wakfu is the complete opposite right now but hear me out, people seem to say the same thing over and over : 'you can't find groups that's why you complain' no it's not that , neither is this the reason munch is saying this stuff, just think, if there was no multi-accounting we would be forced to play with other people, yes this would be an improvement, i personally don't have something against heroes, 3 chars at the time more than fair( tho don't like it) but when i see people with 6? please you are not playing an mmo anymore , you are playing a singleplayer game, oh sorry i didn't mean to call that 'playing a game' seems more like a labour to me? also it's not impossible to play without boxing/heroes i played and will always play 1 char at a time, and no it's not impossible got from 1-175 in a few months , i always find groups in my guild that's not the issue, getting gear is going smooth aswell i am not saying this because i'm having trouble i'm saying this because the game is having trouble, the adjustable level system is coming out soon tho this may change the game forever (in a good way) if it would come with a matchmaking system for dungeons finding other players at any lvl could bring solutions.

- an opinion is welcome but keep it constructive

0 0
Respond to this thread