FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Change Challenges

By IvanSouza - MEMBER - January 14, 2016, 15:05:00

Hello,

Challenges often causes fights in groups because: PEOPLE ( lol )biggrin

In my opinion they give too much DROP and EXP bonus to simple ignore them, but nerfing them might cause a massive panic, so my suggestion would be:

• Do not make the challenge KILL a build or class

How ?

Progressive Challenges, example

If ALL Players do the Challenge 100 Wis 100 Pros, if 5 players do the chall (5/6) Wis (5/6) Pros, if 4 Players do the chall (4/6) Wis (4/6) Pros

Change the following in current challs:

Change do not use element X to kill at least on mob with elements X or Y (2 elements)
Change KILL ALL MOBS MELEE/RANGE to AT LEAST 1 MOB MELEE/Range
Change the MP challenges to Spend/Do not spend all mp OR get affected by dodge/lock mechanics
Change the even number of AP/MP to Spend all your AP
Remove the Kill All mobs/Kill 2 mobs on the same turn (they often bug)
Each player kill at least one mob is annoying but fine
Change The lowest/high level character must kill ALL mobs to at least one mob

Why i'm suggesting this ? Think about the direction the game is taking on the last 2 Class, Eliatrope and Huppermages, both have mechanics that need to use 3 elements to work properly, the combo plus the boss mechanics is already a fun challenge, specially with people you dont know the play style (pugs). So if you take "Do not use ELEMENT", you either stand still watching only half of the party doing dmg, or you pick a fight with the grp to ignore the challenge.

And i know its personal opinion, but most of the challenges are ANNOYING.
0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 933

That would completely defeat the purpose of challenges. There is a reason why they are called challenges because most of them will be really challenging to fulfill to get the extra pp and wisdom. Fighting normal monster groups or solo monsters is extremely easy and somewhat of fast and it's totally ok the way it is. Wakfu has an unique way to reward its players with additional exp and maybe loot if they limit themselves in a fight. Not being allowed to use certain key elements of some classes or not being allowed to play the way someone is used to be is the right way to reward players with additional pp and wisdom if they success a challenge.

1 0
Score : 2432
Guts13|2016-01-14 15:32:00
That would completely defeat the purpose of challenges. There is a reason why they are called challenges because most of them will be really challenging to fulfill to get the extra pp and wisdom. Fighting normal monster groups or solo monsters is extremely easy and somewhat of fast and it's totally ok the way it is. Wakfu has an unique way to reward its players with additional exp and maybe loot if they limit themselves in a fight. Not being allowed to use certain key elements of some classes or not being allowed to play the way someone is used to be is the right way to reward players with additional pp and wisdom if they success a challenge.

I saw that argument comming, its extremely popular the attitude "this is too easy, make this MMO harder how it was in 2000". You have a point but you totally miss the point of changing them:

The game is about community and group playing, and the challenges causes several unwanted discussions and fights also the combat is changing, when they made those we didnt even had the spell deck and its getting more strategic.

Of course its easy to say "Just dont fail the challenge or dont fight", but unfortunally you can only control your attitude right ?

I would agree with you 100% if the bonus were around 10 to 20 WIS and PP, with a decent reward for advanced players and something the majority could ignore without the feeling "Ohhh i just lost 50% drop chance on that item".
0 0

I don't want that wakfu becomes harder i just explained that challenges demand more strategic gameplay and will make fights harder and as a reward you will get some extra pp and wisdom. Challenges are not a necessity but rather a small reward if you do them successfully. Just think it as "Either I'll fight 5 mins to do those mobs fast or i'll invest another min to complete the chall and get more exp + pp".

There are people who wants to complete any chall even the stupiest of them and are willing to fight twice as long as you would need to just complete one chall or none at all. Those people have to learn that not every chall is worth it do be done and you should only do those challs which give the most reward in comparison to the additional time you have to invest in the fight and you should be also possible to win the fight while doing the chall anything else would be just stupid.

Discussions about which chall to do or not to do should be kept rather short. If anyone thinks he can't do a certain chall because it limits one too much it should be also pretty obvious that this chall will be failed sooner or later.

Just don't fail the challenge is one of the stupiest and most narrow minded attitudes one can have. Especially in boss fights unforseen events may happen and failing the chall will be unavoidable in order to prevent a wipe. If a chall fails nothing is lost and the world wont end from this so if someone gets really mad about someone else failing a chall this guy is just a diddlydoo and you should leave him alone.

0 0
Score : 2432
Guts13|2016-01-14 16:44:46
I don't want that wakfu becomes harder i just explained that challenges demand more strategic gameplay and will make fights harder and as a reward you will get some extra pp and wisdom. Challenges are not a necessity but rather a small reward if you do them successfully. Just think it as "Either I'll fight 5 mins to do those mobs fast or i'll invest another min to complete the chall and get more exp + pp".

[blockquote]
There are people who wants to complete any chall even the stupiest of them and are willing to fight twice as long as you would need to just complete one chall or none at all. Those people have to learn that not every chall is worth it do be done and you should only do those challs which give the most reward in comparison to the additional time you have to invest in the fight and you should be also possible to win the fight while doing the chall anything else would be just stupid.
[/blockquote]

Discussions about which chall to do or not to do should be kept rather short. If anyone thinks he can't do a certain chall because it limits one too much it should be also pretty obvious that this chall will be failed sooner or later.

Just don't fail the challenge is one of the stupiest and most narrow minded attitudes one can have. Especially in boss fights unforseen events may happen and failing the chall will be unavoidable in order to prevent a wipe. If a chall fails nothing is lost and the world wont end from this so if someone gets really mad about someone else failing a chall this guy is just a diddlydoo and you should leave him alone.

I could not agree more with you friend !! But does it worth starting that discussion and explaining this everytime someone FREAKS OUT about a a fail cahllenge on the first room in a dungeon ?

I'm 32 yo, and played a lot (more than i should) and what I´ve lear so far is that everything is beautiful in Single Player games, the challenges would be awesome and etc....also in a MMO with friends and resonable people, but thats just a dream

Challenges are fun in their core mechanics, but a little bit of tweaks here and there will make life much easier for those who play with everyone =)
0 0

You will always have to deal with people and sometimes they behave like some diddlydoos or freak out because of small mistakes or whatever but that's just as it is. You can leave them be and don't answer them in chat during the rest of the dung and simply never do anything with them anymore. If it is someone who you know and you play regularly with them you have to make it clear that they should stop diddlydooing around and that it is no fun playing with them. Sometimes it's worth the time to invest to get a somewhat funny dungeon run with someone and sometimes it is just better to leave them be.

What should be really get changed in future is the balance of pp/wisdom for challs. Some challs simply give a too small reward for the difficulty and some challs are simply impossible in certain circumstances. Best example would be "kill every enemy within one turn" in a boss fight (which probably only will give 100pp/wisdom), I don't have words for this...

Removing some useless challs and maybe adding some new challs which are remotely doable would be kinda cool. I don't know how exactly the bonus will be applied but if it simply increases the current pp/wisdom value which caps at 150 it's also kinda trash. If it function in the way as i think changing the reward to increasing drop rate/exp of monsters by a fixed value (drop rate/exp of monster x 1,5 would equal 50pp and 50 wisdom) Challenges will become even more attractive. It is somewhat easy to stack 90 pp (belt, guild bonus 50 + fear fizz 40) and then there are only 60 pp left to reach the cap and most challs give even more so every point which exceeds 150 is useless.

0 0
Respond to this thread