FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Free access BETA server when spell deck update coming

By Sepaseh - MEMBER - June 17, 2015, 09:05:56

Spell deck system is not just revamping some skills, but get big influence in our playstyle and everyone will experience this. I heard some rumour that all chars we have in live server will be copied to beta server, so what we try at beta server will do at live server. There are some changes too in our stats ( bonus stats when level up ).

Regarding these situations, can you give us free access to beta server for 1 or 2 days after the big update? In my opinion, testing in training room is not enough regarding these change, we must testing it in actual battle, but in live server we just get one free respec.

Sorry for bad English

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : -3032

I think either this , or multiple free restats (another thread) should be granted.

0 0
Score : 141

It's actually just retarded that only premium can access beta

0 0
Score : 1003
G0dsFailure|2015-06-17 12:53:55
Why?
0 0
Airael|2015-06-17 13:49:32
Why?
The point of beta is to test features and improve them based on feedback as well as to find bugs

The more people testing the better

This is common sense.. I'm not somebody without premium that is bitter about not being able to access beta

But I guess it doesnt matter Ankama isn't too keen on fixing bugs nor listening to feedback anyway
1 0
Score : 436

Well, you kinda right. It will be good for players but Ankama need to make some money too you know.
I tested my main class changes at beta on friend account. But still, I dont feel like I can make build that will work properly. Dojo isn't enough.

0 0
Score : 114
G0dsFailure|2015-06-17 15:04:40
Why?
The point of beta is to test features and improve them based on feedback as well as to find bugs

This is common sense.. I'm not somebody without premium that is bitter about not being able to access beta

But I guess it doesnt matter Ankama isn't too keen on fixing bugs nor listening to feedback anyway
The Beta server is universal and is for all communities if they opened it up to everyone they would probably have to upgrade their equipment due to 2 reasons:
  1. To accommodate the giant spike in traffic that comes after every update to the server.
  2. Instead of just copying the subbed accounts they would have to literally double the amount of character data they use on live servers to copy and store all the account's characters.
And as stated above, Ankama likes to make money, sucks but they are a company after all.

Also probably about 80% of people who use the beta server only use it for their own benefit and do not submit feedback, I would think it would take a lot of work(and money) for a small gain on Ankama's part.
2 0
Score : 15982

My conspiracy theory is...it has something to do with the French server which is still p2p only. I am guessing there is some link between the beta and the French server so its tricky.
Like most changes its probably on their to-do list.

But yes, I 100% agree if should be f2p.

0 0
Avann|2015-06-17 21:44:42
G0dsFailure|2015-06-17 15:04:40
Why?

The Beta server is universal and is for all communities if they opened it up to everyone they would probably have to upgrade their equipment due to 2 reasons:
  1. To accommodate the giant spike in traffic that comes after every update to the server.
  2. Instead of just copying the subbed accounts they would have to literally double the amount of character data they use on live servers to copy and store all the account's characters.
And as stated above, Ankama likes to make money, sucks but they are a company after all.

Also probably about 80% of people who use the beta server only use it for their own benefit and do not submit feedback, I would think it would take a lot of work(and money) for a small gain on Ankama's part.
Like what, are we playing the same game?

Overpopulation and server load is not a problem here

They haven't copied character over in a while, and this is a constant or polynomial time operation adding more characters to the queue doesn't change much

They care about making money? Then why are the payment methods so fucked, they obviously don'y want our money. Also they would make a lot more by making premium a token that is tradeable in-game.

Even if the 80% comment is true, opening beta for all would still get more feedback and bug reports which is good
0 0
Score : 719

My experience from the free open beta/test servers are bad:
- 90% of ppl just go there to have fun and feel like pro having everything maxed
- free players arent very loyal to the comunity, report very slapdash and are not willing to cooperate on bug reproducing etc.
- most of free players havent played long enough to know or just dont want to share the exploit warnings hoping they can overuse it later on main server
- its extremely hard to filter the reports as many ppl try to report their own suggestions how it should be done instead of just taking the change as fact and testing if it works as described (not as desired by particular player)

Before u answer: that was MY experience from the OTHER games i dont judge ppl here.

0 0
Score : 787
G0dsFailure|2015-06-18 04:13:28
Like what, are we playing the same game?

Overpopulation and server load is not a problem here

They haven't copied character over in a while, and this is a constant or polynomial time operation adding more characters to the queue doesn't change much

They care about making money? Then why are the payment methods so fucked, they obviously don'y want our money. Also they would make a lot more by making premium a token that is tradeable in-game.

Even if the 80% comment is true, opening beta for all would still get more feedback and bug reports which is good
I think server load/lag would be a giant problem for those first couple of days when new update comes out. There were tons of people at Almanax temple just spamming duel invites to each other when spell deck system comes out. Unless they change the layout of the temple or add beta machines in other places players would have to experience that but with 2-3 times as many toons.

It is not about the time it would take to copy the account character data, it is the fact that they have to double the amount of space needed so that they can create a copy of all characters on every account across all servers at some point in time.

I highly doubt that ankama would intentionally hold back on fixing their paypal/CC issue since that is how most players pay. They are probably experiencing a giant dip in profit from the communities that are affected. (having sub tokens would be a terrible idea with dupe exploits still going around)
0 0
Score : 177
Why?

If they allow everyone to try beta then more people would try it and more bugs could be discovered.
1 0
Respond to this thread