FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Relics

By WwhitekrowW June 11, 2014, 17:27:08

As you probably are aware, relic hunting is the worst. It gets even worse when you are 65 lvls above a relic and still feel you have no chance of getting it despite having 24 fragments... Instead of complete and utter chance, I think there should be a daily quest that gives a relic fragment. This could be per character or per account... Something... anything to make it slightly easier?

Something like this would be interesting:

Once a day/week otomai quest that you trade in 50-100 matts for a relic fragment.

Once a day/week complete otomai dungeon challenge?
With this once a day you can complete a dungeon challenge to get a fragment. These can be challenging such as defeat emperor jellix before killing any of the jelly kings.Or finish boss within so many turns.

If a group of 6 worked together to do this challenge, it'll take 17 days (if daily) or 17 weeks (if weekly). I am leaning towards the weekly one - to still allow for some challenge. I think 17 weeks is more than enough time to get 1 relic.

2 0
Reactions 5
Score : 4963

It is not about relics, whole drop system need a help.

0 0
Score : 1224
Celay01|2014-06-11 17:43:09
It is not about relics, whole drop system need a help.
Oh believe me, I know this. 1% does not equal 1% in many cases. When I was making my Merchant ring, I was hunting down tofu rings, 99 of them. This had a drop rate of 1%. It took about 4-5 days to drop all of them. Gelano fragments have a 1% drop rate and a 10% drop rate on boss. With 800 PP lock, I spent at least 100 hours and only got 24. Basically I dropped 1 fragment every 4 hours. My team takes about 2 turns to beat any mob of jellies. At the rate I'm going it will take 400 hours to get a gelano which is about 65 lvls lower than the character I want it on (Might be 70 lvl after lvl cap). For one relic that is incredibly low lvl now, it take on average 100 days. This is if I only focused on jelly dungeon the entire time.

I spend about 4 hrs online every day (yes... thats a LOT). Spending 100 straight days of jellies without doing anything else does not make for a happy camper. If its going to take 100 days, I would prefer not spending 4 hours a day - but finishing a small quest so I can actually do other things in game besides that.

Yes, its my choice to hunt down a relic... but it seems like they're making it more hellish than it should. So... yes, I know the whole drop system needs help. There is nothing seriously off about some percents when some 1% drops all day long and other 1% never drop... ever.
0 0
Score : 24975
WwhitekrowW|2014-06-11 17:27:08
As you probably are aware, relic hunting is the worst. It gets even worse when you are 65 lvls above a relic and still feel you have no chance of getting it despite having 24 fragments... Instead of complete and utter chance, I think there should be a daily quest that gives a relic fragment. This could be per character or per account... Something... anything to make it slightly easier?

Something like this would be interesting:

Once a day/week otomai quest that you trade in 50-100 matts for a relic fragment.

Once a day/week complete otomai dungeon challenge?
With this once a day you can complete a dungeon challenge to get a fragment. These can be challenging such as defeat emperor jellix before killing any of the jelly kings.Or finish boss within so many turns.

If a group of 6 worked together to do this challenge, it'll take 17 days (if daily) or 17 weeks (if weekly). I am leaning towards the weekly one - to still allow for some challenge. I think 17 weeks is more than enough time to get 1 relic.
Oh i must say i'd like that. +1
0 0
Score : 6723

Relics....the bane of my existence.....mellow

-waterRizarealmfire 

0 -1
Score : 2046

so sad sad 

0 0
Respond to this thread