FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wakfu should have a raid system.

By arthuriko1 March 11, 2014, 14:50:27

I just had this idea and felt like sharing with you guys.

I've always been a big fan of long, challenging and story-driven dungeons, like wow's raids, so it's an element I'd really like to see in wakfu. I hope you guys do so too.

But first, let's discuss how this could be possible, since the raids would take hours and more hours to be beaten and the game has a disconnecting system + no reconnecting system. The answer is pretty simple and is already in the game, actually: checkpoints (like the ones from zinit). After beating some rooms, the players could get a checkpoint (not very often, so it doesn't get too easy), or after some bosses (given that the raid would have more than only one boss). It would be kind of awesome in my opinion. Maybe we could have UBs at the end of the raid or something, who knows...

Well, this is all I can think for now. Let me know if you guys like the ideas, add opinions/content and support it so the devs give some importance to it.

Riko

4 0
Reactions 22
Score : 9243

Sounds awesome! Would definitely like to see something like that in Wakfu smile

0 0
Score : 8439

This is interesting, I'd love a spiced up UB dungeon, instead of the usual knock-on-the-door-beat-him-up routine, it gets repetitive and becomes a bore after a few runs or so. Having a story line for dungeon runs would make it far more interesting, and it'd have players learn about the Wakfu lore naturally while playing the game.

I'd also fancy the idea of hidden bosses along the way, where you would have to do something specific to have them appear right in front of you (final fantasy ref).

+1 happy 

0 0

Or maybe even some randomized rooms? So every run would be different. Like, the maps would be randomizer, group of the mobs would change a bit, tiles would be different...

0 0
Score : 8439
Rokugatsu|2014-03-11 15:30:10
Or maybe even some randomized rooms? So every run would be different. Like, the maps would be randomizer, group of the mobs would change a bit, tiles would be different...

^ with several possible endings to a certain raid. I'd love that!
0 0

Oh, that would be awesome biggrin One can dream...

0 0
Score : 2629
Rokugatsu|2014-03-11 15:30:10
Good Idea ^^
0 0
Score : 13905

I'm not sure what 'raid' style content would add to Wakfu.

You can't really increase the number of players that get to take part. It's bad enough waiting between turns when there is only 6 players. I couldn't imagine any longer waits.

We have dungeons in game with bosses at the end already. We have some bosses without the dungeon crawl as well.

A way to save progress part way into a dungeon would be welcomed, but hardly needed.

0 0
Score : 2
Gynrei|2014-03-11 16:50:53

You can't really increase the number of players that get to take part. It's bad enough waiting between turns when there is only 6 players. I couldn't imagine any longer waits.

We have dungeons in game with bosses at the end already. We have some bosses without the dungeon crawl as well.

A way to save progress part way into a dungeon would be welcomed, but hardly needed.
Could add some fun, because 95% of the dungeons in the game right now are pure boredom. There's no joy in running the dungeons. I, personally, just run them for the loot, because I hardly have any fun in, or feel challenged by any dungeon.
0 0
arthuriko3|2014-03-11 16:57:56

Could add some fun, because 95% of the dungeons in the game right now are pure boredom. There's no joy in running the dungeons. I, personally, just run them for the loot, because I hardly have any fun in, or feel challenged by any dungeon.

Whatever 'fun' mechanics they add for raid content could be used for dungeon game play.
0 0
Score : 2156
Gynrei|2014-03-11 17:51:41
arthuriko3|2014-03-11 16:57:56

Whatever 'fun' mechanics they add for raid content could be used for dungeon game play.

A dungeon with 4 rooms doesn't seem epic at all to me.
0 0
Score : 723

Adding a bunch of pointless filler to a dungeon doesn't make it more epic (for whatever definition you're using for "epic" here. Probably not the real one). The bosses are what make dungeons interesting and worthwhile, not the regular enemies.

Fighting through a dozen drawn-out battles with a dozen different combinations of Splotches, Splotchettes, and Splotcheritas before finally getting to the King Splotch six hours after you started is not "epic". It's just tedious.

0 0
Score : 182

Some great suggestions guys, to make sure the right people see this I will move this to the Suggestions section. smile

0 0
Schmendrick|2014-03-11 18:09:14
Adding a bunch of pointless filler to a dungeon doesn't make it more epic (for whatever definition you're using for "epic" here. Probably not the real one). The bosses are what make dungeons interesting and worthwhile, not the regular enemies.

Fighting through a dozen drawn-out battles with a dozen different combinations of Splotches, Splotchettes, and Splotcheritas before finally getting to the King Splotch six hours after you started is not "epic". It's just tedious.

Nice term to describe the mobs. laugh I agree with this 100%
0 0

Of course we'd have lots of bosses in the raids. You clearly never played or heard of wow.
0 0
arthuriko1|2014-03-11 19:44:37

Of course we'd have lots of bosses in the raids. You clearly never played or heard of wow.

And what would be between those bosses? More Splotchettes? Sounds like a string of Dungeons already in Wakfu. Which I can choose to do if i so desire.

Don't get me wrong, if we can make the current dungeons more exciting by all means i'd love to see it. But I don't see anything proposed here that would accomplish that. Only players asking for more epic dungeons. Which doesn't actually explain what will change.

arthuriko1|2014-03-11 14:50:27
since the raids would take hours and more hours to be beaten

Wakfu is already long and grindy enough.
0 0
Score : 7762
"I just had this idea to copy WoW"

You and every other MMO dev OP. Dungeons are long enough and arenas were hours long to get decent drops. We don't need another 5 hour long "raid" when dungeons take forever as it is.

0 0
Score : 301

How about making few dungeons into a raid, and when you beat them all, you get access to a certain "raid" boss? So dungeons won't be so long, or should i say dungeon parts, and you don't need to do all at once. This could be like UB. Only get a chance to kill it once per week.

0 0
Score : 3649

I remember the day Whisper dun was released.

One month after it, and it still takes 6 hours to win the dun.

And it is utterly hard to get a party for it, despite the many wonderful drops it promises.

I remember the day where arenas were still available.

I spent weeks and weeks prepare for a lv80 runs for the Vahalla BP.

Then I spent months looking for a pt that would be willing to do it with me.

No one want to do it because it takes hours to get to the top prizes.
(There is this thing about not understanding the mechanics very clearly that held us back too, but that is another story.)

I am experiencing the days.

When no one would go to Hagen with me to get Eternal Ices.

Because it takes more than two hours to win that thing.

You, my friend, is literally the first one I have ever met who asked for something that last hours in this game.

0 0
Agosta|2014-03-11 22:29:28
"I just had this idea to copy WoW"

You and every other MMO dev OP. Dungeons are long enough and arenas were hours long to get decent drops. We don't need another 5 hour long "raid" when dungeons take forever as it is.
I do agree my idea is pretty much a copy of wow's raids, but then, again, it's a dev's responsibility to adapt stuff and etc, I am just suggesting stuff. As for the lenght of the dungeons, that's why we'd have checkpoints. I'd prefer a long dungeon with a nice story I do through days or even weeks to these 2-hour-dungeons with almost no story to no story at all, boring mobs that are always the same, even the maps are always the same. It gets pretty stupid after the third or fourth run. But that's my opinion.

@Gynrei: long and grindy enough because it's boring to run the same four rooms 10 to 20 times after the drop you want. On the other hand, if they increase the drop rate a lot to make the repetitiveness fade, the game won't have content anymore. It will take hardcore players 1 or 2 weeks to finish a whole island.
0 0
Respond to this thread