By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Score : 12209

[IMPROVEMENT] Kama inflation fix

By cody5 - MEMBER - September 22, 2018, 17:28:44

Back in beta 1 kama was made from 10 iron which made them quite valuable, but because all kamas were player made (one of the base features this game was promoted on) they were quite cumbersome to trade with.

Ankama's solution was to multiply all kamas by 10x, making them easier to trade with.

But with all the game-generated kamas and not many kama sinks, their value has dropped a LOT, where 100 kamas is a pittance. There's literally nothing on market sold for under 10 kamas or even with a last decimal that's not 0 (excluding petty undercutting).

This is why I suggest that we do the reverse and cut all kamas by 10x.

Reactions 9
Score : 1013

That could work for a new server, but with existing kamas and items in the markets, it would be really hard change to make I imagine.

Score : 12209

Why? just divide all number by 10

Score : 203

other sugestions to stop inflation:
-lower the kamas produced by higher level minerals
-animals shouldnt drop kamas

theres a natural inflation in price of equipments as their level gets higher because less people can obtain them and they are harder to obtain and thats good, but this starts to get excessive as kama recipes also produce increasingly more kamas with higher level of mining. im not saying that recipes shouldn't increase the output, but those things combined create so much inflation at higher level that makes crafting/droping low/mid level equipment a waste of time. we can clearly see this lack of interest in trading low level ekip in the empty market

Score : 887

Zaaps and dragonturkeys should cost kamas again, all markets should have taxes, monsters should not drop kamas and it would be nice to have an NPC that buys equips either crafted or dropped.

Score : 2219

We need more kama sinks and stop monsters from dropping kamas... The monsters dropping kamas was the worse idea of all... Instead they should've added the kamas to quests, etc... to incentivise players to do them.

Another thing is to add the tax AFTER the item has been sold not before, that way players won't fear putting their items and later not selling them and losing kamas (I know many players that don't sell items because of this).

Score : 887

iiNoted|2018-10-10 09:56:38
Another thing is to add the tax AFTER the item has been sold not before, that way players won't fear putting their items and later not selling them and losing kamas (I know many players that don't sell items because of this).

Excellent!
Respond to this thread