FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

(UNFINISHED) NEW Ouginak Revamp Guide (December 2019 -- Barkinade Edition)

By Barinade - MEMBER - December 23, 2019, 00:04:14

Hello! Ouginak recently got reworked in its entirety and I noticed that all the guides on here were outdated due to their being made pre-revamp. I've been playing Ouginak a lot post-revamp at level 200 and thought it would be a good idea to make a new guide for all the pups out there who need help.

I've been playing my Ougi at 200 for a while as a Brutality character and even tried out the single target build as well and so I've become familiar enough with the class to make a guide.

What kind of class is Ouginak?
I'm glad you asked! Ouginak's main role is damage dealer and has an offrole as a tank. This means that while they are not necessarily designed to face-tank the hard hitting bosses, you can put yourself in between the enemy and your allies and survive quite well. You will be playing almost exclusively as a damage dealer, however, unless you feel like trying to go full tank which I probably will not go into depth here just because it's not viable in my opinion.

Ouginak Specializations

• Close Combat damage
  • Critical Hits
  • Tank Stats (Resistance/HP/Block)
  • Lifesteal
  • MP reduction
  • Mobility
  • Summons

Build Options
These are the builds I will be considering throughout this guide. Whenever I mention any specific ability I will tag one of these builds as an important choice for that build.

Brutality (Area/Melee)
This build uses exclusively area/melee spells and equipment to work around the epic sublimation known as Brutality.

Melee Only
This build won't be mentioned too often but it's essentially the middle ground between the other two builds where you don't care to use only area or only single-target spells and want to mix them up. This is absolutely a viable option but is almost guaranteed to end up dealing less damage than either of the other two builds.

Single Target/Melee
This build focuses exclusively on the single-target spells of the deck, of which there are many.

Tank
This build focuses on being capable of locking/tanking strong enemies including bosses.

Characteristics
These will be broad on purpose, since there will be some things you want to focus on the most, and then a few things that you can choose based on your preferences. These will also be the same for all 3 of the builds with the exception being the Strength branch.

Strength:
Brutality
  • Area Mastery: 20
  • Melee Mastery: 20
  • Elemental Mastery: 10

Melee Only
  • Elemental Mastery: 30

Single Target/Melee
  • Single Target: 20
  • Elemental Mastery: 10

The rest of the characteristics for all 3 branches:
Intelligence:
  • Elemental Resistance: 10
  • Barrier: 0 to 6
  • % Health Points: The rest of your points

Agility
  • Initiative: 0 to 20
  • Force of Will: 0 or 20
  • Lock: The rest of your points

Fortune
  • % Critical Hit: 20
  • % Block: 20
  • Critical Mastery: 0 or 10
  • Critical Resistance: 0 or 10
  • Rear Resistance: 0 or 10

Major
  • Action Points: 1
  • Movement Points: 1
  • Resistance: 1
  • Wakfu Points: 0 or 1
  • % Damage Inflicted: 0 or 1

Spells (Rated in stars depending on my opinion of the usefulness of that spell ☆★)

Were Ouginak (Default Spell)

Fury: A stat you gain as you cast spells. You will gain 1 Fury for every AP and WP spent on elemental spells as long as you are in humanoid form. As soon as you transform into were-ouginak, you will no longer generate Fury.

This spell you will have unlocked by default. You can use it at any time (for no AP cost) to transform into a Were-Ouginak, which gives you a whole new look and changes how your character looks when he fights. This effect lasts for two turns (including the turn you used it), and when you use it you will gain damage equivalent to your current fury (30 fury = 30% damage dealt). After the 2nd turn of being transformed, you'll get all your WP back. As tempting as it is to try to wait until your fury is stacked all the way up to transform, I think it's more beneficial to transform right away and start casting all your WP cost spells to deal as much damage as possible and guarantee that you'll get those WP back sooner rather than later.

Weigh Down (★★★★★)
This spell is one of the hardest hitting spells that you have access to, with a whopping 36 base damage per AP spent. You should be using this one frequently to deal the most damage if you are using the Brutality or Melee build.
Curse (★★★★★)
This is probably the best damaging spell that Ouginak has in general. Of course, it is only useful if you are not using a single-target build. You will do a lot of damage, 31.25 damage per AP, while healing yourself for 40% of the damage dealt, which is enough to keep you quite healthy, and you will cause the target(s) to be inflicted with Lv 3 Incurable, which reduces healing effects on them.

Rupture (★★★★★)
This is probably the most useful spell that Ouginak has just because of its utility as a mobility spell. You can travel 1 or 2 cells for 2 AP, with a 2 per turn cast limit. When cast on your Bow Wow (your summon that I will talk about later), you can swap locations with it free of cost. A trick I noticed is that you can do this do generate 4 Fury by swapping with your Bow Wow without actually spending any AP on it. It can be used to steal HP from a single target too, which can be a decent sustaining tool if you are build as a Single Target ouginak.

Gash (★★★☆☆)
This spell is decent, since it deals okay damage at 27 damage per AP, and can steal a bit of armor. Because of its lack of a WP cost, this spell can be good for when you're trying to generate some Fury, but it will be way lower than WP cost spells for sure. Not useful for an area damage build.

Ruckus (★★★☆☆)
This spell is kind of iffy, although I think it can be very powerful when set up properly. When you cast this spell, your Bow Wow will cast it at the same time as you in front of him at the same range (1 or 2 squares). If you and your Bow Wow are able to hit the same target, you can deal approximately 46 damage per AP. I say "approximately" because your Bow Wow doesn't get the same % Damage Dealt bonuses as you, so technically the amount that he deals is much less. However, he can benefit from Prey and so on a target that has a lot of Prey stacked up, his portion will do much more damage. That being said, it is extremely hard to get your Bow Wow to face the same target as you, the exception being maybe the turn you summon him. When it's just you hitting the target, you'll only deal 23 damage per AP which is pretty measly. If you want, you can try to use other spells to help get you and your Bow Wow to hit the same target at the same time. These spells include: RuptureTracking, and Mass Charm.

Fits and Starts (★★★☆☆)
This spell is heavily nerfed from its pre-revamp version, where it was known as one of the hardest hitting spells in the game considering that it completely ignored armor/resistance/blocks. Now it only ignores armor, making it much weaker. It doesn't cost WP anymore either, meaning your Bow Wow can no longer cast this spell. However, this spell can still be extremely good as a spell to help you build fury without spending WP or can be your best friend against an enemy that has a lot of armor and you don't think you can break through it (in PvP for example).

Crosshatch (★★★★☆)
This spell is the hardest hitting spell that Ouginak has access to, dealing a maximum of 48.3 base damage per AP when your Fury is maxed out. However, it does have a few downsides. For one, it requires a lot of Fury to deal its extremely high base damage, which can make it unreliable, but still deals decent damage without 40 fury. At 20 Fury, it deals 41.4 base damage per AP, and at 30 Fury it deals 44.85 damage per AP. It also has a low AP cost and only a 3 per cast limit, which means you won't be able to spend that much of your AP on casting this spell each turn.

Brawl (★★★★★)
While this spell doesn't deal much in the realm of damage (25 per AP) and has 2 per turn limit, it is your best defensive ability simply because of its armor generation. While 500 doesn't seem like much at first glance, it can be increased by 5% per 1 Fury point.
10 Fury: 750 Armor
20 Fury: 1000 Armor
30 Fury: 1250 Armor
40 Fury: 1500 Armor
This armor doesn't deteriorate until it is depleted by damage, and can stack up to your maximum HP. There is a passive I will talk about later known as Raiding which grants an extra 30% armor generated. While wearing that, this will be your armor generated.
10 Fury: 975 Armor
20 Fury: 1300 Armor
30 Fury: 1625 Armor
40 Fury: 1950 Armor
There are other ways to increase this too, with Epic Surgical Precision or Moon Scales for example. I frequently use this spell when I'm about to get all my WP back when I don't have any enemies to hit and have AP left over.
Fang In The Works (★★★★☆)
This spell is useful for all builds just because of its MP reduction. Only needing 2 AP to take 2 MP from all adjacent enemies, it deals 26.5 damage per AP. It can be a reliable non-WP cost damage source for an area damage build or help you to lock down enemies by taking their MP. Its 2 per turn cast limit isn't that bad of a limitation, and I see myself using it whenever I have just a little extra AP to spend or when I want to keep an enemy nearby me.
Watchdog (★★★☆☆)
This is a pretty decent spell for its large area of effect, but it is quite lacking in damage (only 23 per AP). For an area damage spell that doesn't have a WP cost, though, it is your best area earth spell and generates a small amount of armor based on your Fury and how many enemies you are hitting at once. This never really ends up being very significant (unless you are hitting 4+ enemies at once and have a lot of Fury), but since that armor doesn't go away until it's destroyed by damage, it's a nice little extra damage absorption. Its area of effect is pretty unique in the Ouginak spells.

Air Branch
Sweeping (★★☆☆☆)
This spell is a bit underwhelming due to its average base damage of 25 per AP, and not having any special effects to it until you're at at least 30 Fury (consuming 10 per cast at that point). If you are able to get your Fury up to 40 consistently, this spell can deal pretty good damage for a non-WP cost spell (35 per AP), but building up that Fury can be quite difficult. You'll also be spending Fury to get the extra damage out of it, which can make it bad for generating Fury once you get up to 30. Overall, its not a bad spell considering its range modifiability but the ways that this spell is good don't really line up with the best playstyle for Ouginak.

Contusion (★★☆☆☆)
Another somewhat underwhelming spell, this one deals 25 damage per AP in a small area (3 uses per turn). Its main benefit is that it can be modifiable and cast from a distance, and its damage increases to 30 per AP if your Fury is at least 25 (consuming 5 per cast at that point). This can be really strong if you get your Fury maxed out before transforming, then spending it all to deal damage without spending any WP on it. It has the same problems as Sweeping except, since this is the only area spell in the air branch, you will likely ignore it due to your two-element elemental mastery equipment going to water/earth.

Big Dog (★★★★★)
This spell is really good for two reasons. For one, it deals very good damage at 33.33 per AP while being a WP spell. This is one of the more easily used single-target spells for burst damage when you don't have any Fury to boost Crosshatch. Its other great aspect is its ability to teleport you to the other side of the target. This can easily give you backstab or help you close the gap on an enemy if you need it to. I also sometimes use it on allies to jump over them. If you're using a brutality build, it will deal almost no damage at all if you use it outside of melee range, making it non-harmful to allies when casting it on them. A few things to keep in mind for this spell:
For one, it requires line of sight on the target unlike Sram's "Wily" spell.
For two, it deals its damage before you teleport to the other side.

Bone Breaker (★★★★★)
This spell is extremely good for two reasons. For one, it can actually deal a decent amount of damage but likely wont if you are melee. You have the option to go full single-target, but I wouldn't recommend that just for this poison. The main reason this spell is good is because of the passive Canine Art which will give you +2 Fury (and a small heal) every time an enemy triggers this poison. So not only will you get 2 Fury every time you cast Bone Breaker, but you will get even more Fury when enemies move around or cast spells that cost 4 or more AP. This is basically the best way to generate Fury since you can spread this poison on as many enemies as you want on turn one, then potentially have maxed out Fury by turn two. The main downside, of course, is that will take an entire passive slot along with the spell slot for this spell.

Pugnacity (★★★★☆)
This spell is really good and can be combined with the Canine Art passive (which gives you 2 Fury and a small heal every time an enemy is hurt by poison) due to its poison ability. Its main hit only does a lousy 15.33 damage per AP, but if the poison is triggered then the damage becomes much greater. The poison itself is triggered if the affected enemy ends its turn next to you. If this is triggered, you'll also gain 5 Fury.
Cast: 15.33 damage per AP
1st Poison Trigger: 23 damage per AP (if they end next to you)
2nd Poison Trigger: 30.67 damage per AP (if they end next to you)

This can be made easier to trigger with the use of the Exhaustion passive, which allows half of the poison damage to be inflicted if you end your turn next to the target, which, needlessly to say, is much easier than forcing the enemy to end next to you.
Cast: 15.33 damage per AP
1st Poison Trigger: 19.17 damage per AP (if you end next to them)
2nd Poison Trigger: 23 damage per AP (if they end next to you)
3rd Poison Trigger: 26.83 damage per AP (if you end next to them)
4th Poison Trigger: 30.67 damage per AP (if they end next to you)

If you assume the enemy will never end next to you, you can assume you'll do at least 23 damage per AP just by ending your turn next to the poisoned target. It doesn't seem like that much damage, but combined with Canine Art this can give you a total of 4 Fury from poison triggers on top of the 6 you got from casting the spell. If the enemy is definitely ending their turn next to you, with both Canine Art and Exhaustion you can get a grand total of 24 Fury from this one spell cast. That can be extremely good if you are tanking a boss and removing its MP so that it is forced to stand next to you, so you can build up enough Fury to get a lot of armor from Brawl for example.

Active Spells
Prey (★★★★★)
This spell is imperative as an Ouginak. For 1 WP, the target you choose as your "Prey" will receive bonus damage from you and your Bow Wow, and this bonus becomes greater every turn. It starts out as +10% damage bonus, and goes up by 10% per turn until reaching +70% on that target. This makes it extremely good for bosses where you can stay close-by. Prey is the largest amount of % Damage Dealt you can get from one effect as an Ouginak, and if you're able to keep the target 6 cells or less from you, you will see the difference. However, if the "Prey" ends its turn more than 6 cells from you that effect will vanish. I do use this on regular enemies too, just as a small damage increase if I don't think I can spend all my WP before I get them all back.

Bow Wow (★★★★★)
This is your Summon, the Bow Wow. I would never not take this spell, considering how useful he is. He gets a copy of your stats with a few exceptions:

His AP is 8
His MP is 4
His Range bonus is 0
His HP is 30% of your HP
He doesn't get any of your % Damage Dealt (but does benefit from Prey)

Some things to keep in mind:
He gets your masteries
He gets your WP
He gets your critical hit %

He has a variety of utility spells including:
Sniffing Stabilizes the target and gives the Ouginak +5 Fury if the target was an ally.
Itchy Gives nearby allies/enemies +2 Range for a turn
Boney-O Casts a 1-cell "trap" that grants +20% damage dealt for a turn to whoever walks on it.
Licky Can be cast on the Ouginak to give 50% of his current HP to you

Your Bow Wow has benefits from two passives known as Sidekick and Dog Handler. The Sidekick passive will allow your Bow Wow to cast the last elemental WP spell you cast.
The Dog Handler passive will give your Bow Wow an extra 1 MP and +1% more max HP per 1% missing hp you have when you summon him (this is better for healing you more). Along with that, the Bow Wow's Licky spell will also give +20% damage dealt for 1 turn (Dog Handler). These passives are important for your Bow Wow if you want him to have a larger effect on the fight. Scroll down to the passives section if you want to read a more in depth explanation on these passives.

Hunter (★★★☆☆)
One of the more simple spells you have. It doesn't do much, really. If you use it on an enemy you jump to them, and if you use it on an ally you pull them to you. It can be useful if you want to supplement your mobility and gives you an opportunity to position allies a little bit if necessary. You can use it to move your Bow Wow a bit as well.

Tracking (★★☆☆☆)
This spell can sometimes be quite useful but it's not something I would take very often. What it does is you mark the target to begin "Tracking" them, and then at the start of your next turn you will jump directly in front of that target and gain 10 Fury. There are a few downsides to this, however. For one, you won't jump to the front of the target if that square is inaccessible. It must be an empty square for it to work, and for you to gain the 10 Fury. For two, you might not want to go to that square. There are some cases where you will leap into a death tile and be instantly killed. This ability could be useful in PvP too, as long as the target doesn't know they can either stabilize you or just face a wall to prevent you jumping to them. Having this spell on also unlocks the spell Tracker, which you can cast on another target so they are forced to jump to the "Tracked" target instead. You can also use it on your Bow Wow to have him instantly jump to the target as well. However, Tracker costs 10 Fury to use, but could open you up to some interesting strategies.

Canine (★★★★☆)
This spell is your own personal MP reduction glyph. It lasts for two turns and takes up to 3 MP each time a target starts its turn on it. This can be very helpful for locking down extra targets, and can also deal area damage (63 each trigger at Lv 200, meaning it will deal more "damage per AP" the more times they trigger it.
First Trigger: 21 damage per AP
Second Trigger: 42 damage per AP

As you can see, if the target is forced to trigger the glyph twice, it will cause a total of 126 base damage which is a lot for 3 AP. The major downside of course, is that it cannot critically strike which means it won't benefit from that or your critical mastery either, which you might have a lot of due to your being a critical strike class. Still, it can deal quite a bit of damage considering it also takes away MP. If you take the Canine Art passive, you will be able to place 2 glyphs down at once. While this may seem quite powerful at first, it isn't actually what it seems like. Because the glyph only lasts for 2 turns, and has a 2 turn cooldown, the only thing this passive really does is allow the glyph to be active every turn if you choose to cast it every chance it's off cooldown. Without the passive, you will be unable to cast another one before the first one disappears. On top of that, you will get the +2 Fury and small heal from the triggers as well, making this combo very well with Pugnacity if you want to keep the target next to you.

Appeasement (★★★★☆)
This is an extremely useful self-healing ability that you have access to. It has a 3 turn cooldown, and regenerates 1% of your maximum HP per current point of Fury, and then consumes all your fury. If you have 40 Fury, this will heal 40% of your maximum HP (which is a lot for 3 AP and 1 WP). On top of that, you will also gain 2 MP for that turn. This can be helpful as yet another mobility tool for the Ouginak. The most optimal way to use this spell is to use it just before your Fury is about to go away from transforming back. This spell is more useful for single-target Ouginaks, since you won't have access to Curse for massive lifesteal, and that build generally builds up more Fury anyway.

Mass Charm (★★★★★) Unlockable spell via quest
This spell is one you can unlock via the huppermage quest as the final reward. While it's not required by any means, I absolutely love bringing it simply due to the fact that Ouginak has no way to position enemies at all without it. This spell will pull all moveable targets within 3 cells, and then give lock to the target. You can use this on an enemy to pull yourself to them, or on yourself to pull multiple enemies to yourself for an AoE. I particularly like using this on the brutality build to help myself setup AoEs.

Marrow Bone (★★☆☆☆) Unlockable spell via quest
This spell you can unlock via the ouginak quest as the final reward. It summons a marrow bone that doesn't get a turn, but has set HP and resistance. The only reason I consider using this on Ouginak is for the ability to steal HP from it with Curse. Consider your ability to summon this next to an enemy you are about to steal HP from. You will regenerate way more HP all at once with this strategy.

PASSIVES
For this section, I'll be listing off all the passives and explaining what they do and what scenarios they might be useful in.

Burrow (★☆☆☆☆)
Not a very useful passive to start out with. It gives you the ability to deal more damage from far away depending on your melee mastery, which can be useful in a scenario where you need to attack from far away. That being said, Ouginaks thrive almost exclusively in melee combat and so this passive gets completely ignored for the most part. Aside from that, being able to cast Hunter one extra time isn't very useful either. There's no need to increase the range of Tracker either. Overall, I basically never use this passive.

Exhaustion (★★★☆☆)
This passive can be very useful if you're planning on using your poisons and the glyph a lot. The damage you deal with indirect damage attacks (those being Pugnacity, Bone Breaker, and Canine Glyph) are all increased by 50%, while also changing the way that Pugnacity's poison is inflicted. For more information on that, scroll up to Pugnacity in the spell list. This passive combines very well with Canine Art.

Sniff (★★★★★)
A very good passive, I would argue is necessary on every ouginak. This passive gives you +15% damage on the turn you transform, and +10 Fury just before transforming so that you get 10% more damage through that effect. On top of that, your maximum Fury will stack up to 40 while using this passive. Even if you aren't planning on maxing out your Fury, this passive is extremely good for helping you deal more damage. The downside on this passive is that you will receive less heals from allies, though it does not seem to affect your Bow Wow's Licky spell. Ontop of that, you will notice a lack of needing to be healed by allies if you are using the spell Curse a lot.

Dog Handler (★★★★★)
An extremely good passive for multiple reasons. If you are using the spell Curse a lot, you will see your lifesteal abilities get more powerful. Note that +30% lifesteal does not mean that Curse will steal 70% HP, instead it will increase the amount you are healed by, by 30%. So it is more along the lines of stealing 52% HP, rather than 40% (since 30% of 40 is 12... and 40 + 12 = 52). This is a good way to make sure your HP is always capped out when taking a ton of damage from enemies and not needing to be healed much by any allies. Along with that, your Bow Wow will receive some small buffs in the form of +1 MP and 1% extra max HP per 1% HP you are missing. This will, of course, make the Licky spell of your Bow Wow give more HP since he has more to give. If that wasn't enough, Licky will now apply "Dog Handler" which is a bonus 20% damage dealt for 1 turn. Note that this buff will stay even if your Bow Wow dies that turn. That combined with Boney-O, means that your Bow Wow can buff you for a total of 40% damage dealt in a single turn.

Raiding (★★★★★)
This spell can be very good for a tanking Ouginak. You will receive bonus HP equal to 400% of your current level (thats +800 at lv 200). Note that this HP is affected by your intelligence branch, so if you have 140% bonus health points statted, this 800 HP will become 1920 HP. You also get a bonus to your armor generation, and a heafty one at that. 30% armor bonus is a lot. Scroll up to the Brawl spell if you want to see how much it can affect that spell specifically. Lastly, you'll also gain an armor equal to 6% of any adjacent enemies current HP. So if they have 100,000 HP (lets say, a boss) you will be granted an armor of 6,000 HP (and that's increased by 30%, so its more like 7800). That's massive! Keep in mind that this armor doesn't go away at the end of your turn, and is only depleted when you take damage. This passive, combined with Canine Art and Exhaustion, and Pugnacity, Fang in the Works, and Canine Glyph will make a tank like no other! The only downside, of course, is that you will lose a small amount of damage (-10%) for it, meaning you will likely not use this passive at all if you are looking to only deal damage.

Ardor (★★★★★)
This passive is pretty necessary due to its massive damage bonus (+20%), even if it will make you lose 1 MP while equipped. It can sound like a pretty massive downside at first, but the more you play Ouginak the more you will realize that you don't need that much MP to get around due to all your mobility spells like Rupture, Hunter, Big Dog, Tracking, Appeasement or Mass Charm. This passive also grants you extra Fury when the "Prey" is killed. You can't get Fury while transformed, however, if you leave an enemy on low HP right as you're transforming back into normal form, then allow your Bow Wow to finish that enemy off, you'll get the Fury from the passive.

Canine Art (★★★★★)
Finally! The passive I keep talking about in this guide. If you've read everything up to this point you probably already know what this passive does, but I'll explain it again just in case. For one, you'll be able to essentially reduce the cooldown of your Canine Glyph by 1 turn, since you'll be able to put down a 2nd one just as the 1st one expires. Along with that, you won't be able to be placed onto the glyph to suffer the effects yourself. However, the main part of this passive comes from the second half. Enemies triggering poisons such as Pugnacity or Bone-Breaker will generate you 2 Fury and heal you for 3% of the target's missing HP. This also triggers when enemies trigger Canine Glyph. This is an extremely good way to generate a lot of Fury and can be very good for a tank ouginak looking to hold down an enemy on a Canine Glyph while also using Pugnacity to generate Fury and then generate armor with Brawl.

Carnage (★★★★★) General passive
Now I know it's not an Ouginak exclusive passive, but I wasn't going to get around an Ouginak guide without mentioning one the most basic damage passives in the game! It simply gives you +15% damage (or 25% on armored targets) at the expense of 30% heals performed. Luckily, none of Ouginak's heals are affected by this at all. Curse and Rupture are considered "lifesteal", Licky is your Bow Wow's spell and he doesn't get Carnage. Also, Appeasement is based on a percentage of your missing HP, so it is also not affected by this ability. I find myself using it almost 100% of the time just because I want to deal as much damage as I can.

Sidekick (★★★★★)
This is really good passive simply because it allows your Bow Wow to deal damage. Now, one important thing to keep in mind is that your Bow Wow doesn't have access to any of the % damage dealt bonuses you have with the exception of Prey. That means, the more "Prey" you have stacked the better his damage will be. The way it works, is that the last elemental WP cost spell you cast will be added to the Bow Wow's spell bar as his 5th spell. He essentially gets a copy of that spell.
Curse: Easily the best option for your Bow Wow to deal the most damage possible if you're full melee or brutality. The Bow Wow is is unhealable, though, so he will never benefit from any lifesteal. That being said, he can use all 8 of his AP to deal 250 base damage, which is quite a lot for a summon that gets 100% of your mastery.
Weigh Down: Another pretty good area damage option for your Bow Wow. However, because he only has 8 AP, he can only use the spell twice, meaning his damage for a single turn will be capped at 216. Not bad, though, if you want to spend 2 AP to cast Sniff that turn.
Big Dog: A solid option if your Bow Wow needs to be mobile for a turn. With this, he can deal 200 damage in a single turn through single-target damage.
Crosshatch: The best single target damage option, however, the bonus damage from Fury does not apply since your Bow Wow does not have a Fury bar, and yours does not count. He will simply do 69 damage per cast, or 207 base damage in a single turn.

Ontop of this, your Bow Wow will give you 2 WP back when he dies, which can be helpful since he only costs 1 WP to cast.

Cunning Fang (★★★★★)
An incredibly good yet simple passive. You'll gain 30% critical hit chance while transformed, and up to 25% bonus block at all times for every 2% critical hit you have. Using this passive you can easily reach 100% critical hit chance, and your block should be nothing to scoff at as well. This passive will make it better for you to stat critical mastery, allowing even more potential for damage.

Haggling (★★★★★)
Another extremely good passive for tanking, you will gain 20 Force of Will (which is the stat that helps you take MP and resist AP/MP reduction) and 3 Resistance per point of Fury.
10 Fury: 30 Resistance
20 Fury: 60 Resistance
30 Fury: 90 Resistance
40 Fury: 120 Resistance

That is a lot of resistance to get from a single passive and will help you stay alive especially while tanking, if that's what you plan on doing with your Ouginak. The only downside is the -2 WP you get, which shouldn't be too big of a deal as long as you transform often.
BUILDS

Brutality
This build utilizes the area/melee spells of the class to maximize the potential of the "Brutality" epic rune. When using it, you need to have at least more area mastery than melee mastery, which will give you a nice boost in area mastery while reducing your distance mastery. This build also maximizes lifesteal for survival. This is the exact setup I use on my Ouginak currently.

Spells:
  1. Rupture
  2. Fang In The Works
  3. Weigh Down
  4. Curse
  5. Watchdog
  6. Big Dog
  7. Prey
  8. Bow Wow
  9. Appeasement
  10. Hunter
  11. Canine
  12. Mass Charm
Pretty standard setup for brutality, using the WP cost water spells for your big damage while using the weaker earth spells to round out your elemental damage. You could replace one of these spells with the area spell Contusion if you have enough air mastery to make it worth it.

Passives:
  1. Sniff
  2. Dog Handler
  3. Sidekick
  4. Cunning Fang
  5. Ardor
  6. Carnage
This setup maximizes damage for your build. Using Ardor will reduce your MP, so if you feel the need, you can replace it with something like Haggling to get a bit more resistance while avoiding the MP reduction, as long as you don't mind dealing a bit less damage. (If you aren't level 200 yet, and only have 5 passives, remove Carnage or Ardor).
Deck-Code
6258-6261-6256-6257-6265-6268-6283-6286-6288-6284-6287-5623-6279-6273-6274-6278-6275-5144

Sublimations
Relic: ​​​​​​​Stasification, Breeze, Heartbreaking Blood
Epic: Brutality
Other:
  1. Ambush I (★★★★☆)
  2. Ambush II (★★★★★)
  3. Length (★★★★★)
  4. Save (★★★☆☆)
  5. Tenacity (★★★☆☆)
  6. Vitality Well (★★☆☆☆)
  7. Carnage (★★★☆☆)
  8. Devastation (★★★☆☆)
  9. Evasion II (★★★★★)
  10. Influence I (★★★★☆)
  11. Influence II (★★★★★)
  12. Close-Combat Barrier (★★★★☆)
Rating indicates how good I think the sublimation is on this build.

More builds and equipment coming soon

20 0
Reactions 12
Score : 60

I'm currently playing an earth/air ougniak and I'm excited for the rest of the guide to come.
Thanks for making an updated guide!

1 0
Score : 16

can you post a deck code pls?

1 0
Score : 281

Oh beans~ I'm looking forward to this. ^^ 
I'm glad that you put Mass Charm in there. It's an incredible positioning tool, and can really help you get those sweet, sweet AoEs. 
Great guide so far!

2 0
Score : 1

hello

this build is it viable in very high level dungeon? as well as ultimate boss

0 0
Score : 370

Thank you so much for an updated guide of Ouginak! 
You rock!

1 0
Score : 138

I was looking for an updated guide for Ouginak! Thnx!

1 0
Score : 518

Question. Is earth/water St/Melee still viable?

1 0
Score : 60

The better water spells for damage were turned into AoE, so if you want to go ST/melee you could try air-earth, but if you still want to the water-earth then you have to go for melee/AoE.

0 0
Score : 28

Recommended gear if you're 155? ohmy plz

0 0
Score : 2

want tank build ! ^^ and good job man smile

0 0
Respond to this thread