FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Wakfu Ironman Challenge!

By ZWtcp - MEMBER - December 25, 2019, 06:15:03

Long story short, a friend came up with a custom game mode which, if you are familiar with Old School RuneScape's (Group) Ironman mode, adapts those rules to Wakfu. I got really interested in the idea and we developed it further, and now we've recruited a small group of friends who are willing to put themselves through the torture experience to have a good time and relive some nostalgia.

I think this challenge works best if you have a small group able to regularly play together. The main thing, of course, is that you gotta trust that nobody's cheating XD. I think the best way to explain this is to just jump straight into the rules. We've added a few custom restrictions to ourselves to make the experience more challenging:

1. Cannot use the markets - everything has to be crafted from scratch or dropped by an Ironman.
2. With the exception of cosmetics, we can only trade with, and be powerlevelled by, other Ironmen.
3. All fights must be locked.
4. Sidekicks are allowed.
5. Cannot use quest guides.

6. Initially, all dungeons except for Mineral Tower (because it has a daily entry cap) will be LOCKED. To unlock a dungeon, we must clear (kill the boss) on Stasis 21+ with a full group of Ironmen (inc. sidekicks) on Competitive (ALS) mode. If ALS is not available for any reason (most notably from lv1 to lv50), a full-party normal clear at S21+ is sufficient to unlock the dungeon. For Ultimate Bosses, this can be done at S11+. If Stasis selection is not available, then a full-party clear on default difficulty will unlock the dungeon.

7. Once unlocked, a dungeon or Ultimate Boss may be accessed at any time by any Ironman for any purpose.
8. Ironmen can grind and play at our own pace in our own time, but CANNOT enter locked dungeons.
9. Boosters are not allowed. Adventure booster will be allowed only when necessary for progression.

10. You may swap your current Ironman to a different UNGEARED and ITEMLESS character of equal or lower combat level to your current Ironman. The new Ironman will be added to the challenge and is subject to all challenge rules. Items may be transferred between any two Ironmen on the same account. The previous Ironman character may also be withdrawn from the challenge if you wish to do so. Once permanently withdrawn, the ex-Ironman can no longer trade with current Ironmen unless reinstated as an Ironman by the player in accordance with this rule.

11. The challenge will conclude after defeating Ogrest on Stasis 11.

Episodes:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1IHbZE-nUE
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV90HgE2e-g

6 -1
Reactions 4
Score : 214

Sounds like you gonna fail after getting above 100 lvl max biggrin

0 0
Score : 4453

GL  I have no desire to replay all the low lvl content at a snail's pace, but if that's what you are into jam to it!

2 0
Score : 732

Free players have by default a reduction in Wisdom and Prospecting so it would make sense to use Booster for any challenge like that to have the 100% Wakfu experience.

0 0
Score : 79

EisakuSan|2019-12-25 12:40:42
Sounds like you gonna fail after getting above 100 lvl max biggrin

Two of us are already lv70+ after barely a week. Challenge accepted biggrin
Captchphrase|2019-12-27 23:48:22
Free players have by default a reduction in Wisdom and Prospecting so it would make sense to use Booster for any challenge like that to have the 100% Wakfu experience.

I showed the rules to everyone before we started and they were all okay with it. The original idea was that everyone would make new accounts for this, but some of us ended up making new characters on pre-existing accounts which meant a booster would have given some of us extra xp but not others. It then would have been boring to the overlevelled people waiting for everyone to catch up. We're all aware that by doing this challenge we're in it for the long run XD

Edit - Ep 2 is out by the way, I've linked it in the top post, or you can just click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV90HgE2e-g
1 -1
Respond to this thread