FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Hupper: 2 element 4 runes

By aeinn#2737 - MEMBER - August 03, 2021, 11:25:10

How to generate 4 runes using only 2 elements:

For player who don't understand the image, please check out my previous guide:
Hupper: mono air rune rotation - WAKFU FORUM: Discussion forum for the WAKFU MMORPG, Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

Elaboration
The purpose of this sequence is to improve upon the legacy 4 spell 4 rune meta. Though costing more than traditional 4 spells, this sequence utilise more spell from AIR tree while ending with extra element mastery steal which would result in a higher average dmg compare to casting 3 other elements which the player has lesser mastery of.

Pros
  • previously stolen element mastery boosting subsequent dmg
  • less spell slots (3spells instead of 4)
  • higher average dmg due focusing on the excelled element

Cons
  • higher AP cost (10AP instead of 8AP)
  • slower (5 spells instead of 4 spells)

As a comparison:
During a ramp turn with 12AP, the 2 elements sequence greatly outclass the typical 4 elements in terms of dmg because it focused on the elements which the player has higher mastery of. Besides that, it require less spells, thus saving a precious spell slots
3 0
Reactions 9
Score : 29

Great guide !

2 0
Score : 425

Awesome tips. am using the 2 element method. can you explain mastery stealing by the way ? is there a limit to how much we can take ?

aeinn#2737|2021-08-03 13:49:34
all the 1st spell in each element tree has innate effect of stealing its corresponding element mastery from the enemy.

example:
  • energy flux will steal fire element mastery
  • downpour will steal water element mastery
  • backband steal earth
  • butterfly steal air

though there is no limit on how much mastery u can steal, unfortunately there is a soft cap on cast limit. All of the mentioned spell can only be cast on the same target max 3 times per turn(if i remember correctly). Besides that, the stolen mastery will remain for 2 turns (the turn when mastery is stolen and the next turn), meaning that with one enemy, the max possible stolen mastery u could have at a time is 6 times the amount of spell description

Got it, thanks !
1 0
Score : 1431

all the 1st spell in each element tree has innate effect of stealing its corresponding element mastery from the enemy.

example:

• energy flux will steal fire element mastery
  • downpour will steal water element mastery
  • backband steal earth
  • butterfly steal air

though there is no limit on how much mastery u can steal, unfortunately there is a soft cap on cast limit. All of the mentioned spell can only be cast on the same target max 3 times per turn(if i remember correctly). Besides that, the stolen mastery will remain for 2 turns (the turn when mastery is stolen and the next turn), meaning that with one enemy, the max possible stolen mastery u could have at a time is 6 times the amount of spell description
1 0
Score : 1135

Really nice guides!

This may be a dumb question, but is it not better using disc to revert a rune element(like water or fire) and then cast the spell again? Like this:

Downpour(Water Rune) > Disc(Air rune/Fire rune) > Donwpour(Air rune/Fire rune/Water rune) Collapse(A/F/W/E)

I really liked to use this combo, but don't know if this is optimal(I'm also running a low QB build right now, I'm really new to the class, but I'm really liking it overall)

2 0

it is viable, but that might hinder your damage if the last rune made is in the wrong element (you dont benefit from the 10% dmg buff in your 'main' elements) and it can be hard to sustain runes (you'll most likely loose them all after 2 turns), but there are some ways to fix that ; use a williw wisp, then disc, then willow again for example. also if you cast the 2 ap fire spell on an empty cell, you'll loose the fire rune , but you'll regenerate air rune even if you have all 4 runes on you.

1 0

Okarin#3581|2021-10-14 06:28:08
Thank you for the quick responde! 

I'm actually using last rune water, I really don't like the fixed range on the spells, but I think I will give it another go on Air, since it seems the best way to play it, with new breath passive. I'm using only 4 MP, and it really feels strange to go closer to some bosses(ashdragon for example), but I think that's my tanks fault that has yet not enough lock for me to do it safe.

Will try to improve on wisp usage and see how it works out, thank you!

Hupper have fixed range because it have decent mobility ; using princio valere or the 'eye' spell with air rune to teleport to a far spot (2 turns cool down though). and using the light spell that is 'burrowed' from sacriers to switch places with an enemy or an ally. that one is cheap and doesnt have a cool down if i recall correctly . a lot of huppermages i know play as melee because of the fixed and linear range , but i prefer distance huppermage as well. good luck with your adventures biggrin.
0 0
Respond to this thread