FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

No more democracy on Phaeris

By Caliiintz - MEMBER - November 11, 2015, 07:44:30

Hi people.

My name is Caliintz, I'm proud member of Aydiv and governor of Sufokia.

As a guild, Aydiv has been the guardian of this beautiful land for almost 2 years in a row, being elected in a majority of elections, it's been a real tradition for us. We protected our land and its citizens with all our heart. Sufokia is our home, sufokians are our friends, our family.

But this week, our heart has been broken. Chinese migrated to our server, and while we enjoy to have more players on Phaeris... they also brought with them their tricked elections; they doing massive "alts voting" (doing alts for the sole purpose of voting, 432 votes at the moment I'm writing this). There is no more democracy in our land, we became an anti-democratic nation sad

I wish citizens will make their voices heard here, so we can bring back democracy in phaeris.

Sincerely,

Caliintz, citizen of Sufokia.

___

I submited a ticket about it here is the number : 1492067
I've wrote to Flatops, Sabi, Picaro, Recssen... some read, some didn't... but none replied yet.

4 -1
First Ankama intervention

Hi everyone,

This is a subject that we will bring back to the team for discussion on the government system so we do appreciate your feedback and reports,

See message in context
Reactions 25
Score : 1200

If they actually cared the a simple fix woulda been implemented ages ago

Something like character must have some number of citizenship point to vote, or must have been create more than 30 days ago, or must be level 100, or something else to prevent alt voting

Sadly, as with most issues this will probably also be ignored

0 0
Score : 111

432 is more than the amount of active players on the whole server... gg
Say hi to dictatorship.

1 0
Score : 1200

North Korea is best Korea

0 0
Score : 99

An account should be limited to 1 vote, it can't be any simpler than that, anymore than that would be cheating.

1 0
Score : 92

Alts vote is the biggest problem of the politics system of wakfu but ankama never mind of it since the beta.

0 0
Score : 1707

Ankama has stopped wasting their time on politics system.

Just a guess, but they don't fix uninteresting system until they have new ideas that makes politics more engaging for the players.

On the subject of Phaeris:

Seriouly ankama, pls allow us to see the text in other languages.

On Phaeris, we have:
-Players with [blank] names that we can't reply their private message
-Saying [blank]
-with a pet named blank
-living in [blank] guilds
-with [blank] guild ranks

it took us 48 damn strokes to write this single letter, that'smore effort than what's placed into the migration

the minimum ankama can do for these migrants after letting them losing all their items is to atleast let them not be BLANK

1 0
Score : 1678
donnu|2015-11-11 15:50:11
it took us 48 damn strokes to write this single letter, more effort than what's placed into the migration

the minimum ankama can do for these migrants after letting them losing all their items is to atleast let them not be BLANK
It takes 48 hand movement to write a chinese letter?

wouldn't drawing the thing the letter is representing be faster?
i think Egyptian hieroglyphs is faster to write...
0 0
Score : 4584

Here is what our new governor has to say :

Foreigner. Do you feel ashamed when you mention "democracy"? You are not even deserved as a rival. Migration makes us hundreds of players here, how dare you represent sufokian? It's now our time.

This is the governor's speech. gg

Did you see hundreds of new players (how come they not coming to moon island)? I only saw hundreds of alts, many of the candidates in the elections were the same player...meh
2 -1

has anyone is the history of wakfu alt-voted himself so his alt governs all 4 nation yet?

@metzada
haha, i think i can draw a doodle dragon faster than actually writing dragon(龍) in16 strokes

0 0
donnu|2015-11-11 20:00:32
has anyone is the history of wakfu alt-voted himself so his alt governs all 4 nation yet?

@metzada
haha, i think i can draw a doodle dragon faster than actually writing dragon(龍) in16 strokes
Not that I'm aware, but also there is no evidences at the moment that the 4 nations are governed by the same player (I believe they are different players).

But the same player had many candidates in the Sufokian's elections.
0 0
Caliiintz|2015-11-11 20:08:58
donnu|2015-11-11 20:00:32

@metzada
Not that I'm aware, but also there is no evidences at the moment that the 4 nations are governed by the same player (I believe they are different players).

But the same player had many candidates in the Sufokian's elections.
now the idea is out there~
*waiting patiently for someone to alt govern all 4 nations*
0 0

Hi everyone,

This is a subject that we will bring back to the team for discussion on the government system so we do appreciate your feedback and reports,

Score : 149
Caliiintz|2015-11-11 19:45:25
Here is what our new governor has to say :

Foreigner. Do you feel ashamed when you mention "democracy"? You are not even deserved as a rival. Migration makes us hundreds of players here, how dare you represent sufokian? It's now our time.

This is the governor's speech. gg

Did you see hundreds of new players (how come they not coming to moon island)? I only saw hundreds of alts, many of the candidates in the elections were the same player...meh

Hi Caliiintz

I have joined this democracy too. My ingame name is forgive-my-envy.
As I have written in my democracy, i said "Show some respect, even though you could use a patch to type chinese, but don't show any blank in public site including character name, guild name and public chat"
And i have written in our migration thread to Ankama, as there is no agency for China, Taiwan, HongKong Mocao, please add chinese language option to client, so we could give up the patch. And it's not so hard for such a client improvement, and make different languages visible to everyone. My community could even help to translate the unfinished language work for free, but ankama never listen.
Well, honestly speaking, ankama listen little to wakfu players, especially to asia players. If they have shown some patience or kindness to our people, many troubles could be avoided.

Last point i want to mention is that, i look down upon the winner for this democracy, with the guild name of 藏海花.
But I have to say, we have suffered enough unfairness since the migration, we lost all items, no compensation, no reply from support. We know, it's ankama way. But this democracy is also ankama way, isn't it? At least the winner obeyed the current rules to be winner, isn't it?
0 0
Will-J|2015-11-12 02:41:51
But this democracy is also ankama way, isn't it? At least the winner obeyed the current rules to be winner, isn't it?
No it didn't, alts voting has be punished on our server in the past.
0 0
Score : 411

The people being punished here are your fellow players. When the migration happened I saw a lot of posts here saying 'Welcome Chinese players!' and a lot of sympathy for the lost items and progress. There were many offers to help with gear or grinding.

No one has a problem with lawfully won elections. What's happened here is a blatant disregard for everyone else on a very diverse server. Phaeris may be small, but it is the home to people from all over south Asia and Oceania. A lot of players were wary, but willing to be open hearted to the folks who joined us in the merge.

Also, a comment on the demand for Chinese language support: While I'm not against this (I too am tired of seeing blank names) I think it might be prudent to consider that English is not the first or only language of a lot of players on the Phaeris server. It is simply the most common language, and the one picked by Ankama to run on it's server.

As it is against the current TOS, asking non-Chinese players to install the language pack themselves (as in without Ankama support) is a bit unfair. I've seen plenty of forum requests asking for some kind of support, or simple way to communicate with the Chinese player base. What Ankama will do about it, who knows, but it's certainly something people have been bringing up since the merge happened.

0 0
Score : 149
Caliiintz|2015-11-12 04:22:20
But this democracy is also ankama way, isn't it? At least the winner obeyed the current rules to be winner, isn't it?
Honestly speaking, even without the alts vote, do you think you can win the selection?
As I know there are more than three sufokia Chinese guilds, each guild could give at least 50 votes exclude alts votes.
Maybe what i'm going to say will harm your pride, but it's far from your turn to whining about it.

Ah, one more thing, in wakfu china, government guild always help to max out the elder's bonus, but in Phaeris, i haven't seen even once maxed elder's buff bonus. I wonder what do you mean by saying democracy?

You have less votes, and can you insist to max out elder's buff bonus?

I appreciate this thread because it may urge ankama to do some changes, but if you are just like a baby crying for your lost candy, sorry, i don't have more time for it.
0 -2
Score : 175
Will-J|2015-11-12 12:35:47
Honestly speaking, even without the alts vote, do you think you can win the selection?
As I know there are more than three sufokia Chinese guilds, each guild could give at least 50 votes exclude alts votes.
Maybe what i'm going to say will harm your pride, but it's far from your turn to whining about it.

Ah, one more thing, in wakfu china, government guild always help to max out the elder's bonus, but in Phaeris, i haven't seen even once maxed elder's buff bonus. I wonder what do you mean by saying democracy?

I appreciate this thread because it may urge ankama to do some changes, but if you are just like a baby crying for your lost candy, sorry, i don't have more time for it.
Cause you know what mate before you or your chinese community come to Phaeris we have good time server popular so the goverment care about nation buff and yup there some problem with the goverment called alt-voting and the guy use that he harass everyone and then he got ban because alt-voting and harassment.
And then miracle happen Ankama decide to move our server to somewhere in europe my friends some quit Wakfu some come back after migrate. Then duped incident happen make people feel bored then they quit so that why server nearly empty and the goverment abandon cause less people. When your community come here the server is nearly dead so that why old people in Phaeris welcome your community.
Of course cause you said chinese players care about that buff then ok do whatever you want but you cheat the vote that why everyone care about the dirty trick they dont care about what you've said: "I care about nation's buff" bla bla.
Now you step in international community. The game run by Ankama not run by a third party company like in china before. I don't care before you play Wakfu in Chinese community you can alt-voting no one care. But when you come here no more 3rd party company to protect you and you cant do like you in Chinese community before. In Phaeris and other international community players hate dupers and alt-voting so adopt it and dont call we are cry babies cause we cant cheat like you. Kiddo
People in Phaeris will care about your action more than when you in chinese community and you will be get judge by your action. Adopt it play nice and don't use any dirty tricks cause we will deal with it Kid.
1 0
Will-J|2015-11-12 12:35:47

I dont care wining the election or not... dont you get it. Just guys, don't trick it.
As for the buff you are lying here, in Sufo we always had full buff or was fixed pretty fast.
And on a side note, I find you very arrogant.
1 0
Score : 411
Caliiintz|2015-11-12 18:44:49
I dont care wining the election or not... dont you get it. Just guys, don't trick it.
As for the buff you are lying here, in Sufo we always had full buff or was fixed pretty fast.
And on a side note, I find you very arrogant.

I found that since the merge it's been a fair bit more work to keep the eco in Brakmar in check. There's always been the fair share of players who don't care to replant or don't understand how Eco works in some areas, but the last few weeks I spent a lot of time repairing areas that are normally easy to manage only to have them break 12hrs later.

My guild mates have seen several Blank name groups decimating areas and not replanting mobs, Snow Bound and Fortfurt to name a couple. What would be great is if the Chinese community would start policing itself more. Call people out when they're being inconsiderate. Teach them how to share and care for areas.

Someone tried to yell at me for taking cuttings from planted trees (this right after I gave their friend some of my own cuttings 20min prior). I've replanted the Brakmar forests dozens of times and had them chopped down by other players, it's what happens. We're all here playing here together, be considerate of that.

I have to admit, while I'm not happy with all the alt voting, I'm a bit relieved to have a break...

This would make Subscribers in Chinese Sufokian guilds at least half of the entire active server population. I might be convinced there are more Subscribed Chinese players than non in Sufokia, but no I don't buy these numbers at all.
1 0
Respond to this thread