FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Isaac's Political Agenda (2016-02-04 to 2016-02-18)

By Pyronamic101 - MEMBER - February 05, 2016, 06:41:26

2016-02-04

Thank you to everyone who voted for a return to a stable Sufokia and a benevolent government. I will be bringing the same standard of politics that you have come to expect.

Things have been a bit confusing in Sufokia recently. There's been a bit of drama with governments and elections, but I'm going to do my best to put that aside. I'll be putting together a cabinet that extends through as many different Sufokian guilds as I can, to make sure that there is representation whenever possible.

The focus for this term will be on events, a break from drama, rebuilding of inter-nation relations, and bringing some fresh faces into government.

As with my previous mandates, I'll be using this thread to post regular political updates on the situation in Sufokia. I will also be crossposting any relevant topics to the Nox: Events subforum.

A Sufokian General Assembly will take place on Monday February 8th, 2016 at 9PM EST (6pm Server Time). It will take place in Sufokia Outpost, right by the Jonk. All nations are welcome to attend. An agenda of topics for shall be posted here by the start of the weekend.

More updates to follow in the coming days. I look forward to working with everyone.

If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to PM myself or anyone in government. If we're not able to solve your qualms, we'll do our best to track down someone who can.

Signing off,

IsaacEnning
Governor of Sufokia

2 0
Reactions 6
Score : 464

Good stuff. Do good. Hail Sufokia.

0 0
Score : 1523

Hail Sufokia!

0 0
Score : 1501
2016-02-06

Sufokian General Meeting
Monday February 8, 2016
9pm EST (6pm Server Time)
Sufokia Outpost

Here is the agenda for the meeting

Introductions
Alliances
Ecosystem
Guards and Stewards
Cabinet Positions*
Events
Raids
Open Question Period

*See below

If there's anything that you would like to discuss and would like it added to the list, feel free to reply here, Ankabox me, or PM me in-game

Regarding the Cabinet Positions topic, I currently have two free positions available; the Army General and the Weather Engineer. I will be looking to fill these up with members of unrepresented Sufokian guilds. Shoot me an Ankabox message, reply here, or PM me in-game to inquire

Ideally, I'd like representation from the more active guilds. The only fair way to do so, in my opinion, is to judge this based on guild attendance at the meeting. If you're interested in the position, having a few of your guildies getting active in the meeting will help your cause greatly.

As always, feel free to PM me or any member of government if you have any questions or comments.

Signing off,

IsaacEnning
Governor of Sufokia
0 0
Score : 3403

Hail the great fishy nation Sufokia!

0 0
Score : 1501

2016-02-09

Nation Meeting Minutes

Thanks to everyone who came out to the meeting. While things got hectic at time, we did our best to stay on schedule and get through the agenda. Here's a brief summary of what happened.

Alliances

There was a vote taken among all the attendants regarding a change of alliance from Bonta to Amakna. Although the count may not be completely accurate due to the hectic nature of the meeting, the government was able to count 22 votes for Amakna and 15 votes for Bonta.

Later that evening, the pre-existing alliance with Ebonii's Bontarian government was broken and replaced with an alliance with Mina Hotaru's Amaknan government.

Ecosystem

Varuru requested "Justice." We'll see if we can mete some of that out.

Guards and Stewards

Although it slipped my mind to bring up this topic in the meeting, a subsequent meeting among my cabinet began to examine the viability of certain guilds taking stewardship over certain areas of Sufokia. The idea's originator, Dropkick (Treasurer), will be running a small pilot project on Tydal Prairies to see if its viable. All other members of government are currently gauging interest in this project among their respective guilds.

Cabinet Positions

There was good representation from both The Brave and Drawn Onward, and I wanted to see both of those guilds present in the current cabinet. The previous Challenger, Thousand, was moved to the position of Army General. Mistion, from Drawn Onward, will be taking Thousand's place in Challenger. Van Mask, from The Brave, dons the hat of the Weather Engineer.

Events

There were numerous suggestions for events. We've made a list (and checked it twice!) and we're going to go with two separate events. Both will be on Friday night, this weekend and the next weekend.

For the first Friday event night, Miya-Koi (Vice Governor) and I will be running a multi-part event that should last about an hour and a half. Look forward to scavenger hunts, trivia, and a possible pick-up line contest, all rolled into a themed story! More details will be posted shortly!

For the second Friday event night, Mistion and Dropkick will be running an event to-be-determined.

There will also be a potential forum event run by myself and our new allies under Mina Hotaru. However, that's still a work-in-progress and may not happen. Stay tuned for further details!

Pepsi-Kola, Governor of Brakmar, has also invited us to participate in her Pep Rally event, details of which can be found here. I invite anyone interested to pop by and support the event!

Raids

This was a contentious topic. There were some war-mongering elements, but let me be clear. I've usually assumed the position of "Sufokia will not participate in any raids". For this term, I'm going to adopt a policy of laissez faire raid leadership. This government will not participate in any offensive actions, only defensive actions. If we're raided, expect us to defend ourselves and possibly retaliate.

If you want to raid in your own name, or for your own guild, that's fine. It's a game, you can do what you want to keep things interesting. However, do so by your own organization. I'm not going to tell you what you can or cannot do.

---

That concludes the meeting minutes. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any member of government.

Signing off,

IsaacEnning
Governor of Sufokia

=====

2016-02-10

It was the eve of Valentine's Day.

Everyone was getting ready to spend some time with their sweethearts.

When suddenly....

CALLING ALL FROM THE WORLD OF TWELVE

Sufokia's lovable Vice-Governor, Miya-Koi, has been kidnapped!

We've looked far and wide and checked around everywhere, but we just can't find her.

Reports have it that she's been kidnapped by the Army General, Thousand. He's a crafty bugger - adept at hiding, and even more sharp of wit - it'll take every bit of help we can get to take him down and rescue Miya.

So this Friday, February 12th* at 9pm EST (6pm PST), swing by Sufokia Outpost to join in on the fun!
We'll be doing three things:

i) Thousand is probably hiding somewhere in Sufokia, but we're still trying to piece together some clues! We'll have to go on a scavenger hunt to find the kidnapper!

ii) When we find Thousand, we'll have to defeat him in a contest of trivial wisdom! So brush up on your knowledge of the World of Twelve, cause it's trivia time!

iii) Miya will undoubtedly be ecstatic at being rescued, so she'll give all contestants a chance to win her over with disgustingly cheesy pickup lines in a variety of categories!

Prizes, from consumables to pets to costumes, will be provided to those that help out the most in each of the three categories

Players from all nations of the World of Twelve are welcome! We'll be needing all the help we can get!

Hope to see a few of you guys there!

IsaacEnning
Governor of Sufokia

*So as to not interfere with your ACTUAL Valentine's Day plans wink

0 0
Score : 464
Pyronamic101|2016-02-10 03:51:22
There was a vote taken among all the attendants regarding a change of alliance from Bonta to Amakna. Although the count may not be completely accurate due to the hectic nature of the meeting, the government was able to count 22 votes for Amakna and 15 votes for Bonta.
Just for future reference when it comes to voting at meetings, a style I like to use is just to separate people using the middle blue line in the outpost. People who go on the side with the phoenix and the drago-express vote for option A, and people who go on the side with the market and nation board vote for option B. The middle blue line and the stairs are for those who wish to abstain. Typically you would exclude foreigners and guests at the meeting from this vote if they're easily identifiable. Makes for more accurate votes when people are constantly spamming the chat.
0 0
Respond to this thread