By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How the politics affect me and my friends

By Judofrendblack - MEMBER - May 03, 2016, 15:03:58

Hey guys befor i beginn i´d like to excuse me for my bad english i am trying my best to point out as clears as i can smile

I am new to Wakfu and i play this game with my 4 friends for like 2 weeks til now and i want to say we are pretty happy and hyped to improve our levels, the equip to master the dungeons but also to improve in the professions. smile We discovered almost every day new things like treasures or just new stuff like how the politic works or the economie system in generall. We explored also 2 iland and i thing wakfu is a really great game with alot of potential smile

I have like alot of ideas which could be made better especelly because i played Dofus for like 6 Years which is obviously also a great game with more years in the neck not like wakfu yet.

At the moment we 5 live in Sufokia and we have a big problem with the politic at the moment. We cant do almosst anything because we would break the rules and this is pretty sad because i cant neither level my professions nor grind for level up quickly. Its like the gouverneur which rules at the moment doesnt look at Sufokia at all :/ I understand the protection of recources or monster but this could be fixed with the clanmembers and in dangerous situation with the protection law but at the moment everything is like protected even theire are enough trees or monsters. I dont know if i reach the politic with this poste but it would be great if he could change the laws a bit because we cant nearly do anything in sufokia but farming or fighting in zones for level 10-20.

2 -1
Reactions 28
Score : 7395

Go farm into another nation (aka become bandit) if its not posible in your own.
Or join some guild with heaven world (no laws there and xp gain)

0 -1
Score : 12734

This is what happens when any moneybag can buy the seat of governor without having any idea about governing.

If a ruler of a nation is ruining that nation economy (check that 70% tax rate), and making it unable to make a living there (protected resources can be destroyed by locals only, as long as they regain the Citizen points in some other way), there is only one answer for this problem: emigration.

Leave that nation, and settle somewhere else, temporarily or permanently.

0 -1
Score : 228

You are definitely right. The current governor did NOTHING. He did not even elected the various government positions.
I really wonder why he only -17% of popularity. Unfortunately I have not the VIPs at the time otherwise I would have definitely given a negative vote to depose the governor.
For me it is not a big deal, mind you (are now lv 118) but I understand the discomfort of new players. Moreover I did not even intend to abandon Sufokia after struggling to get my 12,500 CP
I hope the next governor is more active and good

0 -1
Score : 1693

I must admit I've actually tried to contact Customer Support, so some moderator would look into this, since this looks super shady (70 neutral votes, 2 positive for over a week already, nothing has changed at all). But I guess I'll quicker grow a lumberjack beard and learn how to fluently speak 7 languages before they actually look at my ticket.

Well, at least Riktus is at stable-ish x8 bonus, just for once.

You can now either move to other nation (Amakna seems to be in the same situation, but at least government isn't completely empty), or patiently wait til next mandate.

0 -1
Score : 46

Unfortunately there is no restriction to number of deleted characters unlike Dofus. Therefore one can obtain any number of votes using only one account. So, it makes no sense to expect that players, who uses bugs, will care about nation.

0 -1

I think it is the system that is not working. Right now the governor seems more a "title" to show off rather than a commitment (still gaming, so for fun, of course!).
Meanwhile, the vote should be subjected to ip address, so if 5 characters (or account) with the same ip address they vote the same guy are not considered.
However, putting aside everything. This situation clearly demonstrates how the system of nations is wrong, badly managed and implemented shortly.
I'd love to have an answer by Ankama (or whoever takes his place), at least one "we are aware of the problem and we are working on a solution."

1 -1
Score : 5701
ElrichChosen|2016-05-04 19:38:10
I think it is the system that is not working. Right now the governor seems more a "title" to show off rather than a commitment (still gaming, so for fun, of course!).
Meanwhile, the vote should be subjected to ip address, so if 5 characters (or account) with the same ip address they vote the same guy are not considered.
However, putting aside everything. This situation clearly demonstrates how the system of nations is wrong, badly managed and implemented shortly.
I'd love to have an answer by Ankama (or whoever takes his place), at least one "we are aware of the problem and we are working on a solution."
Thiiiiissss. I agree!
Government positions are now empty titles and the entire politics/nation/environment system needs to be revamped for these positions to become relevant again.
0 -1
Aacher|2016-05-04 20:20:52
ElrichChosen|2016-05-04 19:38:10
Thiiiiissss. I agree!
Government positions are now empty titles and the entire politics/nation/environment system needs to be revamped for these positions to become relevant again.
I would go more in-depth than this to "improve" the way the votings work, even when there is a revamp on the way that might fully change the way this works (or not). Some scattered unpolished ideas:

1- Limit the votings to one vote per nationality (like some booleans: vote_ama, vote_bon, vote_bra, vote_suf), so once that a vote for a nation has being casted, it can't be voted for it again. You might have 2 chars from Sufokia, and one of each other nation. With this, only one vote would be casted for Sufokia, regardless of having two chars from that nation, and the other chars would vote once for their respective nation elections.

2- Limit per IP and account owner. This would be a mess for the database, but it would help to counter multi-accounts up to certain point. With this, the previous variables for nations would be "shared". Same case for accounts and clones/mules controled by the same user.

3- Give the peasants the right to vote. Right now, only the "nobility" (premium) have the right to vote. Though this might become a double-edged sword when choosing canditates, this would add more weight to the standard vote, rather than just making it more of a pseudo democracy. Because this is not democratic at all if there is no equal right to vote for everyone. Not a surprise so many users end as Riktus.

Also, what do the governors get that they are so interested in rigging elections to get to power? Do they leech from the budget or something?
0 -1
TheRogueCat|2016-05-05 00:41:37
2- Limit per IP and account owner. This would be a mess for the database, but it would help to counter multi-accounts up to certain point. With this, the previous variables for nations would be "shared". Same case for accounts and clones/mules controled by the same user.

No use. Most of players has dynamic IP.

Also, what do the governors get that they are so interested in rigging elections to get to power? Do they leech from the budget or something?

Governors cant take money from budget. But they have infinite premium.
0 -1
Kaess|2016-05-05 07:43:56
OK, then suppress this and end of the problem. laugh 
0 -1
TheRogueCat|2016-05-05 07:54:35
OK, then suppress this and end of the problem. laugh
No. Governors of Bonta, Sufokia and Amakna rise taxes and make stupid laws only for fun, not for any in-game advantage.
0 -1
Score : 808

Voting should be restricted at least to one per account, not one per character, and would be cool if everyone could vote, not just premium users, what are other players? Slaves at the mercy of troll tyrants? Seriously, I'm not asking to give the possibility to be elected to everyone, I'm fine with just the premium users being able to be elected but those that become governors affect negatively all other players, especially low level players, so is not fair let only premium being able to alt vote themselves infinite time without any restriction...

ElrichChosen|2016-05-04 13:20:05
I did not even intend to abandon Sufokia after struggling to get my 12,500 CP
How cute, I've 27,000 CP and 98% wakfu, guess what does it mean, but sadly these thing means absolutely nothing, CP are useless and without any value while wakfu... Let's be honest, wakfu and stasi are useless like CP.My wakfu used to be at 99% but now I don't care anymore about environment, ecosystem and government, I'm really planning to pass to Riktus and more people should do the same...
0 -1
Score : 1693

About 105k cp here, and permanent 99% wakfu :') I thought of moving out to Riktus too, but dang, it'd be shame to give up on such big amount of useless cp. Not mentioning I don't fancy Riktus that much (they've got great camp tho)

1 -1

Yes, last night I gave up my cp (cp rip loved, I loved you so much) and I switched to riktus.
ANOTHER WORLD. The auction fees are VERY LOW. A Sufokia to sell an item to 10,000 kama had to pay 7000 kama to let 128 hours, ABSURD.
This, again, shows how the wakfu political system is a mess.Firstly my guild is not Sufokia, so I could not do pvp (and why? What is the point? What brings to the game? At least now I can have fun with pvp, risk being attacked and believe me if I could I'd have done as a guard attacks Sufokia of the outlaw).
Not to mention the taxes that were very high and I, not being celebrities, I could not even vote against the governor. I agree on the fact that they can only be elected to the premium (if they pay perhaps -I hope - have love for the game, then they will do the right things), however, to vote must all. Otherwise then we complain that nations like Sufokia risk being emptied, moreover, there are no tools.
I love very much Sufokia, both for setting both a nostalgia factor and I was really proud of my cp, but hey .. I also want to pvp. It 'fun, the game offers it. So hello hello Sufokia, back when Ankama settle things.

0 -1
Score : -7

No use. Most of players has dynamic IP.

Jritca just emptied the Treasury. Can you strip a player of their nationality?
0 -1

To clarify a few points that have appeared in this thread:
Government members don't have infinite premium. They get no "benefits" from being in government, except for a shiny hat for two weeks.

As for the treasury, they can't take the money for themselves, but they can spend it on things for the nation... or move it between provinces owned by the nation.

Finally, no one can force someone else to change nation.

0 -1
Aacher|2016-05-06 16:55:08
Government members don't have infinite premium. They get no "benefits" from being in government, except for a shiny hat for two weeks.

Not all the members of government. Only governor has infinite premium. It's special form of premium, which is activated only when usual subscription run out. Also it applies to one character - governor himself.

~Incertium, former governor of Amakna
0 -2
Score : 78

Hey thx for all the responses. Its pretty sad what our current gouverneur is doing but i realy hope after the selection now we will get a great one. smile I would had vote but i am sadly not a premium user so i just have to look and wait what happens. I really whish they change the right to vote and give it to everyone but i guess its a system they will not change so far but i can be wrong ^^" I hope i am wrong ^^"

Mfg

0 -1
Kaess|2016-05-06 20:00:04
Aacher|2016-05-06 16:55:08

Not all the members of government. Only governor has infinite premium. It's special form of premium, which is activated only when usual subscription run out. Also it applies to one character - governor himself.

~Incertium, former governor of Amakna
I too have been governor and have never received any bonus like this. :0
0 -1
Respond to this thread