FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dear Nox: It's temporary, please read

By Jferg - MEMBER - August 10, 2015, 20:22:39

Hello Maddness Governor of Amakna here.

Would like to explain the current tax situation and try to bring people a little more peace with this matter. It is by no means meant as a punishment, but as our only stopgap measure that we have.

All nations except brakmar (which I would suggest raise their taxes to max as well) are at 70% and will be upheld until we have confirmation that the buy outs are over.

The reasoning behind this is that it creates a kama sink. So 23% tax per day listed. If someone overprices something at 10mil like a piwi feather and it gets sold to the exploiter then 2.3mil kamas are taken out of circulation via taxes this way.

Yes there are ways around it and it is not foolproof, but it is a way to get some of the illicit kamas out of circulation until these buy outs stop, then we work on market reconstruction.

Thanks for reading,

Maddness

9 -3
First Ankama intervention

Hi everyone,

Just a quick friendly reminder to keep the discussion within the Forum Rules of Conduct as several comments had to be moderated.

And as this thread pertains to the Nox server, it was moved to the Nox > Politics > Amakna forum.

See message in context
Reactions 23
Score : 16093

Yeah, seriously.

However inconvenienced people are by the market taxes, I don't think taking reasonable measures to control a crisis situation's going to kill anyone's reputation.

0 0
Score : 857

I agree with this temporary solution, the market is already destroyed because of the duped kamas so raising the taxes is the only way for the players to counter it. It was the best option that the government could think of and it's the course of action they ended up taking. If we left the market alone then it would hurt new players far more then the temporary raise of taxes.

Wakfu has enough problems already, there's no need to destroy the market as well.|

(also please don't turn this into a Stvalzy hate thread, it's just madness's message informing the community)

0 0
Score : -19

Doubt thats gonna stop people since they still make profit. Looks more like the goverment just wants lots of money in there coffers now thought the exploited money. hey everyones gotta get a peice of it eh.

0 0
Score : 7755
LittleMenace|2015-08-10 21:48:05
Doubt thats gonna stop people since they still make profit. Looks more like the goverment just wants lots of money in there coffers now thought the exploited money. hey everyones gotta get a peice of it eh.

All that government money they can use to uh, make it rain sometimes. Or something.
0 0
Score : 2327
Jferg|2015-08-10 20:22:39
Hello Maddness Governor of Amakna here.

Would like to explain the current tax situation and try to bring people a little more peace with this matter. It is by no means meant as a punishment, but as our only stopgap measure that we have.

All nations except brakmar (which I would suggest raise their taxes to max as well) are at 70% and will be upheld until we have confirmation that the buy outs are over.

The reasoning behind this is that it creates a kama sink. So 23% tax per day listed. If someone overprices something at 10mil like a piwi feather and it gets sold to the exploiter then 2.3mil kamas are taken out of circulation via taxes this way.

Yes there are ways around it and it is not foolproof, but it is a way to get some of the illicit kamas out of circulation until these buy outs stop, then we work on market reconstruction.

Thanks for reading,

Maddness

This is a bad idea. I don't know how you got some people to support you.

Raising taxes to 70% does not help the markets, it annoys people. It especially hurts the people who don't notice tax while posting, and people who sold nothing during the market sellout. There are people who didn't abuse the market situation, and want things to "go back to normal". 70% taxes is not normal.

Raising taxes "just in case" the duper comes back and buys out market again, is not reasonable.
2 -2
Score : 12780
Agosta|2015-08-10 21:49:19

All that government money they can use to uh, make it rain sometimes. Or something.
xD

if only they didn't waste time on pvp revamp and revamped politics a little bit (it doesn't have to be so much) so that the govs can use kamas for something important like daily quests or something (but ankama always listens to people like pickles and blazka instead)

And I agree with amakna's gov, hopefully the other nations did the same..
0 -2
Score : 8723
Neneko88|2015-08-10 21:57:17

xD

if only they didn't waste time on pvp revamp and revamped politics a little bit (it doesn't have to be so much) so that the govs can use kamas for something important like daily quests or something (but ankama always listens to people like pickles and blazka instead)

PVP and gov revamps should honestly go together.
0 0
Score : 857
Neneko88|2015-08-10 21:57:17

xD

Everyone but Brakmar
0 0
Score : 1368
All the government can do with these funds is change weather and challenges really lmao. The government does not profit from it which is why this is a kama sink. The taxed kamas go out of circulation as they are then trapped in the nation funds.

-Maddness
0 0
Score : -19
Jferg|2015-08-10 22:21:54
All the government can do with these funds is change weather and challenges really lmao. The government does not profit from it which is why this is a kama sink. The taxed kamas go out of circulation as they are then trapped in the nation funds.

-Maddness
So, everyone just moves to Kelba market. This is not a fix just a setback. Unless you plan to keep the market like this for ever. Soon as the taxes drop the rich guy will start buying again or more then likely goto Kelba.
0 0
Score : 1368
LittleMenace|2015-08-10 22:30:48
Jferg|2015-08-10 22:21:54

-Maddness
So, everyone just moves to Kelba market. This is not a fix just a setback. Unless you plan to keep the market like this for ever. Soon as the taxes drop the rich guy will start buying again or more then likely goto Kelba.
It has only hit nation markets making it seem like they are unable to clear kelba, so that leaves a more stable market to use in the meantime. Until ankama announces that the issue has been fixed and we should have no more buy outs then the taxes shall remain in place as a kama sink to lessen flood of illicit kamas. No matter how small the amount any difference that we can make is worth it. And how I have seen the nation fund growing by millions quickly it has proven that it is being effective at taking some kamas out of circulation.

-Maddness
0 0
Score : 1503

Made the right choice imo. Hopefully it will discourage some people from abusing the market.

0 0
Score : 1374

While I agree this is a good step for players to take, and somewhat necessary (at least until we have confirmation the problem has been fixed), the fact that players are having to use the in game tax system like this just points out how bad the problem really is.

0 0
Score : 1168

Nox Brakmar Governor speaking here, this was my initial idea of raising taxes and I'm glad other nations followed my lead. Although 70% taxes is a bit absurd yes it does fulfill in combating the buy outs but it does not create a kama sink please do not confuse the term because it won't be an actual kama sink if no one puts anything for sale! Raising the taxes to a medium will remove kamas from circulation and this is what we want. We don't want people to stop using the markets, I need to make it rain here and then you know?

* Hustler

0 0
Score : 4726
BurningMasochist|2015-08-10 23:12:51
Although 70% taxes is a bit absurd yes it does fulfill in combating the buy outs but it does not create a kama sink please do not confuse the term because it won't be an actual kama sink if no one buys anything puts anything up for sale!
Fixed that for you tongue
0 0
Score : 1168
NotAnotherFlibble|2015-08-10 23:28:24
BurningMasochist|2015-08-10 23:12:51
Although 70% taxes is a bit absurd yes it does fulfill in combating the buy outs but it does not create a kama sink please do not confuse the term because it won't be an actual kama sink if no one buys anything puts anything up for sale!
Fixed that for you tongue
Thanks man.
0 0

Hi everyone,

Just a quick friendly reminder to keep the discussion within the Forum Rules of Conduct as several comments had to be moderated.

And as this thread pertains to the Nox server, it was moved to the Nox > Politics > Amakna forum.

Score : 3439

Its necessary, at least it will slow it down some, and its temporary anyway itll go down to normal or close to normal once the market issue is resolved

0 0
Score : 7755

A true sandbox MMORPG.

0 0
Respond to this thread