FR EN ES PT
Browse forums
Score : 93

The Countryman's Guide to Rebellion

By lunarmurchen - MEMBER - December 04, 2017, 21:22:13
I'll get right to the point.

What are ways that a non-subscribing/no booster pack player can protest their current government? I'm not entirely sure what sort of affect a merchant boycott (refusing to post items for sale in-country) has on the government system, other than limiting the number of extras the Treasurer can purchase. Outside of the boycott, there's... literally nothing I can identify that would impact the government's power. It seems that even subscribing/booster pack players have little sway over influencing government decisions outside of a potentially meaningless down vote. No wonder the "governor" wears a fur-lined cape and a crown.

Any ideas, mates?
Reactions 7
Score : 589
Ever since Wakfu's inception, you are only allowed to take part in the govt/vote if you have a booster. The only way to depose the current governor is to have 50% of the voters "disapprove" via the election interface. So unfortunately, as a non-subscriber, there is essentially nothing you can do. And particularly with the atrocious state of Nox's economy (think 0.01% super-wealthy as a select group of 200s, everyone else is sitting at the poverty line), I can't imagine a merchant boycott would do anything at all.

Score : 93

TostMD|2017-12-04 22:22:51
Ever since Wakfu's inception, you are only allowed to take part in the govt/vote if you have a booster. The only way to depose the current governor is to have 50% of the voters "disapprove" via the election interface. So unfortunately, as a non-subscriber, there is essentially nothing you can do. And particularly with the atrocious state of Nox's economy (think 0.01% super-wealthy as a select group of 200s, everyone else is sitting at the poverty line), I can't imagine a merchant boycott would do anything at all.

Yeesh, never thought about the kama discrepancy. Members of government are allowed to use their own kamas to purchase extras? Based on information from this post, I believed that wasn't possible... but the post is about three years old. I've been having a hard time trying to find any updated information about how Wakfu's government system works.

Thank you for your input, and for humoring my revolutionary inquiry.
Happy to help! And no player kamas are used in the purchase/acquisition of anything government related, it all comes out of the Nation's funds.
Score : 2
So we have No way to despose Actually Hooks Unless 50% of the Voters Disapprove?

Morisato36|2017-12-04 22:33:01
So we have No way to despose Actually Hooks Unless 50% of the Voters Disapprove?

Until the next election cycle (wherein you, your guildies, friends, etc can vote for another candidate, and presumably provide enough people to out-brigade Light if they do it again), nope. Wakfu rewards you for taking part in the election cycle. That said, terms last for two-weeks at a time.
Score : 1
Yeah... it's gotten bad here. It is now illegal to trade with citizens, or perform training duels. We gotta do something next election cycle.
Score : 15499
Basically there's nothing in the system to handle it.

Stuff for Ankama to think about during the Nations & Politics revamp
Respond to this thread