FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Nox News Event Report: Tavern Auction and Party

By FF12-ThePRofWRandR - MEMBER - May 21, 2016, 03:51:32
I’m liking the outcome of this, and my wallet is too

Citizens of all nations in the World of Twelve stepped into Brutas’s Tavern in Astrub for a day-long party and auction yesterday. The event was hosted by Lord Vanille, governor of Bonta, and Miya-Koi, governor of Sufokia, served as the auctioneer. From midday to afternoon people rotated in and out of the tavern for “the fun version of Alma(nax)” said Lord Vanille. The crowd descended into the tavern’s basement and grew larger as the time for the auction, and action, to begin.

Featuring 58 items ranging from pets to costumes, fragments to already assembled relics, the bidding got off to a slow start initially, with the first two items, a Golden Scarafly and Golden Krakotte, failing to elicit any bids. It didn’t last long however as the next item a fully leveled Aboon sold for 1,130,000 kamas.

The first bidding war, snipe and forfeiture of the auction all occurred over a set of five owl Stuffed Toys with a starting bid of 10,000 kamas. The bidding multiplied the amount to 301,000 kamas offered by Heterophobia before a snipe bid by Niccolo Machiavelli beat it. After he was declared the winning bidder he asked what he had bid on and was informed. He then left the auction and forfeited the item.

The auction continued with Heterophobia and Chewbonga both proving themselves the most aggressive bidders in quantity as they walked away with five lots each. However the largest bid was on the epic item Gold Croc which sold for 15,000,000 kamas to Ponz. This amount is closely followed by a Souleater relic bought by Fawn Liebowitz which was fiercely contested from 10,000,000 kamas to 14,300,000 kamas.

The most contested items were Stuffed Toys, emotes, Vampire Costume and the True Love Costume. The only Vampire Costume sold for almost twice it’s starting value of 800,000 kamas. The three True Love Costumes in the auction all sold. “I’m liking the outcome of this, and my wallet is too” said Mega Sue who sold one of the costumes for 1,000,000 kamas, ten times more than its starting price. Other costumes such as the Infernal, Strawberry Bilbiboy and Revival costumes all failed to sell.

The auction was filled with humor and distractions. One of the many was Dyrae barging into it and calling out Apple Juice in order to join the Order of the Shu-Shu guild.

Other upcoming events are Amakna’s Mafia Event Saturday, May 21 at 5 PM PDT and a Jeopardy event Sunday, May 22 at 5 PM PDT.

Reporter Note:
Hoy, I'm The PR of WR and R, a Wakfu player of almost three years. I've thought of covering events in Wakfu for a while, and this is my first attempt. I hope anyone who reads this can find something to enjoy in it and possibly encourage others to join in the community of the game.
4 0
Reactions 3
Score : 2

I'm relatively new to this game, so I thought I'd take a look around the forums, and wow, these events everyone has been hosting seem like so much fun! Sadly, I've been missing them. I'll try my best to show up to the next ones.

0 0
Score : 3393

Mellorios, I love this! biggrin Also, my Jeopardy Event this Sunday (tomorrow) starts at 5 pm pdt, not 6:50 pm. I'm looking forward to more of these? These news articles that have been popping up are so much fun to read ^^.

0 0
Score : 315
honeycitrustea|2016-05-21 18:47:43
Mellorios, I love this! biggrin Also, my Jeopardy Event this Sunday (tomorrow) starts at 5 pm pdt, not 6:50 pm. I'm looking forward to more of these? These news articles that have been popping up are so much fun to read ^^.
Thanks smile I plan to do a report on every event I find myself attending for now. If enough of us who are interested team up, maybe we'll have enough people to actually cover the whole server's events!
0 0
Respond to this thread