FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Should Phaeris be merged with another server?

By KingAchelexus - MEMBER - May 20, 2015, 01:13:15
Reactions 37
Score : 3175
Caliiintz|2015-06-25 19:18:54
I would happily be agree for merge. Cause it's not good for your health to feel lonely, it's depressing. But... I guess there is some legal reasons justifying the Phaeris server... asian laws.. censorship... which we may not be aware of.
You what?

The server is based in France currently... They haven't merged a single ghost town server yet, it's not just APAC.
0 0
Score : 4298
Hearttyace|2015-06-26 18:09:11
I would happily be agree for merge. Cause it's not good for your health to feel lonely, it's depressing. But... I guess there is some legal reasons justifying the Phaeris server... asian laws.. censorship... which we may not be aware of.
You what?

The server is based in France currently... They haven't merged a single ghost town server yet, it's not just APAC.
I know right... why are u even quoting me.... I didn't start the topic.

Beside, it doesn't mean other "ghost towns" server should survive either... (note that I said "should"... dont reply again saying Ankama haven't merged once yet bla bla bla....)

And secondly you missed the whole point of my post.

You are quick to reply as usual Roxie... you like debates I know. smile
0 0
Score : 3175
Caliiintz|2015-06-27 00:09:01
You what?

Beside, it doesn't mean other "ghost towns" server should survive either... (note that I said "should"... dont reply again saying Ankama haven't merged once yet bla bla bla....)

More like "Asian laws, and censorship" has nothing to do with why servers aren't merged. Because there are other dead servers they just haven't merged.

Shouting out my personal traits are notable though. Play the man!
0 0
Hearttyace|2015-06-27 03:28:35
Caliiintz|2015-06-27 00:09:01
You what?

More like "Asian laws, and censorship" has nothing to do with why servers aren't merged. Because there are other dead servers they just haven't merged.

Shouting out my personal traits are notable though. Play the man!
It has to do in some situations... like Google demonstrated it in the last couples years.... but I said "MAY".... pls Roxie.......... I didn't mean it as an actual fact...... learn to read all the words biggrin 
0 0
Score : 1945
Nah, the only major problem there is a region lock on servers. If you're not from asian region you have to come through full circus with proxy and etc to be able to create an account for Phaeris. That's why population of low lvl/new people on Phae is rather small (people are forced to join to servers accordingly to the physical region of residence).
It looks like Ankama prefers to keep servers rather underpopulated than overpopulated (maybe due to technical issues, who knows).
0 0
Reineke-Fox|2015-07-13 07:07:42
Nah, the only major problem there is a region lock on servers. If you're not from asian region you have to come through full circus with proxy and etc to be able to create an account for Phaeris. That's why population of low lvl/new people on Phae is rather small (people are forced to join to servers accordingly to the physical region of residence).
It looks like Ankama prefers to keep servers rather underpopulated than overpopulated (maybe due to technical issues, who knows).
lol there should be a lot of asians and australians... but there isn't, the only major issue is the marketing of Ankama, not the region lock.
0 0
Score : 151

Don't. Please. Remi is terrible. Leave us be!

0 0
Score : -2988

What if I have 3 chars in Phaeris and 5 chars in Remington? Free char slots?

0 0
blazakkhakabow|2015-07-15 22:48:22
What if I have 3 chars in Phaeris and 5 chars in Remington? Free char slots?
If you have created account before the community merge, your wapac account will be separated one from your int account (even if name is the same, it'll be just changed as it was with wapac account names during the migration). If you created your characters on your int account after community merge - there might will be issues (like either character transfers, renames, free slots and etc, which would've been easier to solve with just making them belong to a separate account - no one is gonna give additional character slots for free).
But once again, all of this is actual only in case of a possible server merge, which won't happen (german server is much older than Phaeris and been deserted for ages, according to what I know, yet it wasn't merged with any other server). So we have to patiently deal with what we have now.
Personally I'd love the possibility of server merge and/or character transfer, but it drags too many issues and additional work for Ankama's side, so it's easier for them to let everything be as it is atm (also some mysterious technical limitations and etc) 
0 -1

After spending some time on Remington...

FOR THE LOVE OF OSAMODAS, DON'T DO IT!
LEAVE US BE, WE DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THOSE... THOSE...
JUST DON'T DO IT ANKAMA, I BEG YOU!

0 0
Schmee|2015-07-21 12:22:36

Why do you dislike "them"? hahahaha it makes me wonder.
0 0
blazakkhakabow|2015-07-21 16:07:16

Them connection issues, in-fight lagspikes, kama spambots, kama beggers, environment griefers, disconnection issues and so on... you're wondering about that?
There's very much less of all of those up in Phaeris, I'd rather keep it that way.
0 0
Schmee|2015-07-21 16:46:59

Them connection issues, in-fight lagspikes, kama spambots, kama beggers, environment griefers, disconnection issues and so on... you're wondering about that?
There's very much less of all of those up in Phaeris, I'd rather keep it that way.
Environment griefers are perfectly natural and necessary.
Kama beggars are really rare even though I dislike them I understand that they are mostly new players who are poor.
Phaeris has(had) spambots not much less than Rem.

Connection issues, lagspikes exist but that is ping-dependant. While using reliable internet, as a European, I do not encounter problems.

And there I was, thinking you encountered some problems which aren't supposed to be there. Stop insulting our server, please.
0 0
Score : 3
Schmee|2015-07-21 16:46:59

There's also "very much less" players "up in Phaeris."
0 0
Score : 308

if they merged i think we r so rich coz phaeris so many relic and epic item atm

otomai bp - 800k

HB - 1.5m

DV - 2.5-3m

Wa Cwown -1.3m

0 0

I love prices on Phae. I guess smaller playerbase gives low inflation.
There won't be server merges in the nearest future. I'd risk to assume there will be no server merges at all. The max we can hope for is character transfer (if community will be persistent enough in asking for that). But in this case there'll be still too many issues with kamas/names/gift interface etc etc. And I bet they'd made such a servise ogrine based and with solid cooldown (rename of a toon takes 3 months of cooldown for account, transfer might take whole 6 months, lol).

0 0
Score : 3

Phaeris is very close to death in my opinion. Those you see at almanax are mostly the server population and a lot of those are alts. I don't know what can be done or if ankama even cares :p

0 0
Score : 393

get real.
how do you solve HWs ownership if 2 servers or more merge?
how about those same guilds existed on those servers.
<_<
Instead of servers merge, maybe allow the player transfer/migrate but make it so that they cant come back and forth too often. maybe limit one transfer for every 3months. or make it permanent. not sure what issue will arise from this migration. market is already in a dire straits now since the relic dupe and kamas dupe. nothing can get any worse, probably... sleep 

0 0
Respond to this thread