FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Question about Eliotrope skill points & Portals

By Yesberry#9788 - MEMBER - June 17, 2021, 02:23:57

Hello everyone! i'm a fairly new player who decided to make an Eliotrope (I play mostly PvE, i don't think i'll play PvP until i've got a solid grasp of the game and can offer people a proper challenge) and at first i was running him as a distance fighter but as i leveled up i realized some spells only work on melee range and now i'm considering to change it into a Melee Build so i wanted to ask mainly two things from the more veteran players:
1) Do Portals work with Melee Rules same way Rogue Bombs do? as in: if the target is 1-2 cells away from the portal then any attack that travels through the portal is considered as melee (asking to see if a Melee Eliotrope would still use portals.)
2) What would be a good Skill Distribution for a Melee PvE Eliotrope? with my limited understanding the best i could come up with is:
-Intelligence: Elemental Resistance (10 Points), % Health Points (Everything else.)
-Strength: Melee Mastery (20 Points), Elemental Mastery (Everything else, mainly because i see both single target and zone spells i'd love to use.)
-Agility: Force of Will (20 Points), Dodge and Lock (Everything else, i'm assuming Eliotropes need to be able to lock enemies as well as run away.)
-Fortune: % Critical Hit (20 Points), % Block (20 Points), Critical Mastery (Everything else.)
-Major: Action Points (1 Point), Wakfu Points (1 Point), Mobility and Damage (1 Point), % Damage Inflicted (1 Point.)

Please feel free to give me any feedback and suggestions (as i said i'm a total noob so i really apreciate the help) thanks for reading.

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 4573

No, rogue bombs are melee since technically the damage comes from the bomb not the rogue, while a portal is just a tool that extends your range. They do have a unique property of being non-directional damage (so it's never a backstab if it goes trough a portal).

Force of will is only worth taking if you want to be a defensive tank instead of an offensive melee fighter, since more lock is usually better then more AP and MP removals (tho the AP removal resistance is nice in some dungeons)

0 0
Score : 8424

Rogue bombs are not validated as melee if the rogue is not within melee range of the enemy. Have seen this multiple times in dungeons where the melee/cc challenge fails when the rogue is not close by to the enemy when they get exploded with the bomb.

1 0
Score : 2094

1) Portal through attack is always considered as distance in damage count (it is effected by your distance mastery), however, if eliotrope is in melee range with the target, dungeon/mob mechanics will consider it as melee.

2) You already know well, but if I were you, I'd put berserk mastery instead of critical mastery. But it's just matter of playstyle so you will be okay with critical mastery.

0 0
Respond to this thread