FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Johnsonxii's guide to eliotrope (Edition 4)

By Ihavebraindamage - MEMBER - February 15, 2018, 04:52:47
Reactions 45
Score : 1

i haven't played in a long time and this really helped me shed light on some things. i think I'll go for the tank build, my elio is a lvl 54 so it should be good

0 0
Score : 139

this still valid? pensive

0 0
Score : 3406

Ihavebraindamage|2018-08-09 14:20:16
Let's answer all these questions one by one
1. Here is my gear at lvl 200. Yes, in lvl 200 we have gear that is tri- elemental in nature without secondary mastery, such as helmpaulettesbearlt.

I need some help
With your level 200 gear, which 2 elements and spells do you focus the most?

I know water element is main but can't really figure out which other element to main stat as second?
0 0
Score : 2713

I've been looking into Eliotrope, and reading over your guide I somewhat confirmed my suspicions regarding the different ways to play. I had initially deemed them primarily distance focused positioning and damage dealing, but I found the melee / Unleashed Blade build appealing.

From your experience, would you say that Unleashed Blade setup (portal, calm, flood, exalt, blade) is too cumbersome to be reliable as your primary playstyle? Does it rely too heavily upon setup, despite its amazing damage output, or can it be made to synergize with other tools in the kit (short distance earth spells) enough to make Melee Eliotrope more viable?

tl;dr I know Melee Elio is a thing, but is it a chore to make work relaibly? Would it be easer to stick with a distance focus?

0 0
Score : 327

The setup required for melee build is usually not worth the effort.

As a melee attacker Elio doesn't have much bulk built into its kit so it can be vulnerable at close range, especially if you are playing zerk build. It is simply outclassed by most other melee classes like Iop and Ougi because they require much less setup to do consistent damage, especially late game. It's definitely much easier to stick with distance focus as you can still hit very hard from arguably the longest range in the game.

Also, like you said, at all levels Elio is very valuable as a ranged positioner for fights where you stay out of the action and set up for other melee damage classes.

0 0
Score : 1

Thanks, this will greatly help me

0 0
Respond to this thread