By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Would a self-stabilize on Ardent Aegis' first turn be broken?

By CameronXHall - MEMBER - June 21, 2017, 10:07:19

Hey everyone,

For the past month I've been playing a gimmicky melee Eliotrope build (pseudo-tanking, can't full tank due to the lack of a self-stabilize, hence the suggestion). My build revolves around using barrier + calm state on the first turn for an incredibly hefty defense, followed by exalting + hiding/cataclysm/whatever burst turn the next, switching each turn. Clearly, it's not a PvP build or anything, so I could very well end up breaking Elio PvP in some way with this stabilize suggestion, which is why I'm asking for feedback.

Given the passives relating to being in close combat that Elio has access to, as well as the fact they have spells like barrier/cataclysm/etc, that can require setting up for one turn ahead, I feel as though melee Elio was once intended to be a thing. Personally, I think melee Elio works great, putting aside the melee-hate areas like Moon, and being moved around while trying to set up.

As such, would it be too much to ask for a self-stabilize on Aegis' first turn (ie. when it also gives you lock)? Unlike most other self-stabilizes, Ardent Aegis has a 3 turn cooldown, is obviously the class' primary 'take this if you want to tank' skill, and is otherwise unused in 90% of Elio builds - including some melee builds - due to being relatively lackluster.

I don't feel as though this would put Elio at Feca's, or even Sac's, level for optimal tank, but it'd certainly make the build more viable, open up more build options, and I doubt many ranged PvP builds have much room to splash the spell in, in order to potentially abuse whatever situation I know I'm overlooking. In my opinion, it's absolutely essential on a build like melee Elios, with all their one-turn setup skills. If anything, it's needed in order to prevent bosses from pushing you out of your barrier, stepping in the center, and then switching with you when your turn starts - or any similar shenanigans - effectively wasting 7 AP for potentially no reward, which is something no other class has to worry about.

Any thoughts?

4 0
Reactions 7
Score : 1422

I agree, it is hard to let enemies keep in the Barrier glyph for next turn to take effects.

1 0
Score : 16251

I don't think that would be overpowered. Maybe problem would be that it interferes with some of Eliotrope's core mechanics, and could be very strong when cast on an ally.

I dunno. I could get behind any love tossed Earth elio's way.

1 0
Score : 323

The only reason it would interfere with Elio's mechanics would be if they cast it at the start of the turn and suddenly decide that they want to move through portals. It's the same logic as a Sacrier using their stabilize and then deciding they want to Light Speed around - just do it at the end of the turn, instead.

But yeah, melee Elio needs love.

0 0
Score : 1426

Pandawas have a similar skill that gives them 2 MP even, so i'd say not OP at all. 

1 0
Score : 1426
And it's spammable.
1 0
Score : 760

Sometimes, barrier gives you great ability. But most of the time, it is like the spell says "plz back off from me" or "plz set up some trap like spells on my teleporting cell."
And you have to choose wise moment of using it. If not, you may get reflecting dmg or kill your mates who are in range of barrier, especially in zinit dgs.
It may can get full effect when your target is dd or they are perfectly locked at the moment.
Armor itself is good, but the amount of it is not 'that' useful for defending purpose.

0 0
Score : 760

btw I use aegis for extra effect, not for lock.

0 0
Respond to this thread