By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Thinking With Portals.

By AduroT December 11, 2014, 09:59:44

Alright, I know Mechanically how Portals work, but how do you use them Tactically? Where are you placing them to get the most use out of them that's also not just giving your enemy a shortcut to your squishy butt?

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : 2261

I've yet to find an enemy use my portal, par from a UB, lucky escape eh? I use them tactically, in the sense of we have 2-3 Eliotropes on the team and a if we put portals at different sections of the map, we can cover a larger area for:

A: Running away
B: Range on Portal Extended Spells
C: Team-mate movement manipulation.

Hope this helped?

Also, after having a higher level Elio on a alternative account I've found that the Spec that when you remove a portal and a team-mate is on it, it'll give them AP, this is VERY useful as well you get the AP back (in some cases).

0 0
Score : 1775

Yeah, a Team of Elios I could see making good use of the portals since they're all linked. I've only had an npc enemy move thru one of my portals once, and he started on it. They might have to start on them to know they can use them.

0 0
Score : 2197

if you wanna efficiently use portals in pvp, you might want to place them on different sides of the map.

if you play agains an melle character, and you have placed your portals on a nice placement, you can jump between portals thereby making them unable to reach you, as you slowly kill them (given the asumption that you dont need to use the portals if you can kill them fast).

if the you cant escape their attack range, you can use your portals to hit your enemies on different angels, and possebly getting a smal damage boost (from backstab dmg, or side dmg instead of front dmg)

or if you play with friends/teammates, you can provide them with escapes, shortcuts or other ways to engage/attack enemies

hope this helps, and if enemies abuse some of your portals, remember that you can always close them so they are unable to do that

0 0

So what do we think of the new Portal buff? How much of a difference will ignoring LoS make?

0 0
Score : 228

I play a lot with my guildies, we're mostly all Elios. It is rather funny when you see about five portals on the field...what we usually do (mostly to have fun) is drop portals all on one side of the field in a way that there is a large gap where any of us can completely smother an enemy with Wakmehas.

Ignoring LoS would make it easier to deal damage from behind, if you ask me. I'll need to double-check this myself, but logically I don't think it should be considered front damage if you drop a portal behind an enemy and then launch an attack through said portal, provided they're facing away from the portal.

0 0
Score : 5161
Dy7|2014-12-12 22:14:08
Hello,

A spell cast through a portal always causes unoriented damage (= damage from front) and distance damage.

No backstab through portals. Or even sidestab. This was posted by Dy7 found here in a question asked on the Beta server section.

So getting Backstab say from stats on an Elio won't really be worth it unless you're going through the portal yourself to deliver a backstab. As stated, attacking through the portal will always result in unoriented/frontstab damage.

- Kat
0 0

Last I heard all attacks thru a Portal counted as being from the front, regardless of where it, they, or you were positioned.

0 0
Score : 5161

Exactly what I just posted =^.^=

Thus when going for stats, instead of like other classes, after maxing out crits and then splitting the rest between crit dmg and backstab, you're better off pumping it all into crit dmg as you can crit when attacking through portals, so that way you benefit from it. Of if you're a berserker style build, you can do half crit dmg, half berserk dmg, or just go full in berserk dmg.

- Kat

0 0
Score : 228
EsperJey|2014-12-16 20:12:37
I'll need to double-check this myself

Okay, never mind then. I was simply saying that logically it shouldn't be counted as front damage, not stating that it wasn't but I'll shut up all the same.
0 0
Score : 35615

The no line of sight on portal is quickly becoming my best fucking friend

i've saved so many allies from certain death with this thing

0 0
Score : 24789
AduroT|2014-12-16 20:27:23
Last I heard all attacks thru a Portal counted as being from the front, regardless of where it, they, or you were positioned.
But you can teleport behind enemy with the use of portal and backstab it.

Also you can end your turn on portal to make enemy unable to teleport to you.
Another way to prevent them from using portals is to apply Crack on them.
Also take note that if they teleport to you from further away then 5 cell distance, then they will loose 20% final resist, so you may hit them harder.
0 0
Kikuihimonji|2014-12-16 23:57:20
AduroT|2014-12-16 20:27:23
But you can teleport behind enemy with the use of portal and backstab it.

Also you can end your turn on portal to make enemy unable to teleport to you.
Another way to prevent them from using portals is to apply Crack on them.
Also take note that if they teleport to you from further away then 5 cell distance, then they will loose 20% final resist, so you may hit them harder.

Hmmm... That could be an amusing trap. See how many PvP opponents might not fully realize that and give them a long range portal set up to come right to you, but lose the 20% final damage and final resist in the process.
0 0
Respond to this thread