By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Eliotrope strange passives?

By cody5 - MEMBER - December 10, 2014, 13:37:52

The new specials and passives seem...unfinished to me.
Because in every other class, they are usually balanced so, that you get a small bonus every level.
In some levels you get a lower cost, in some you get a higher range and in others in increases damage or some other mechanic of the spell.
But most of the eliotrope spells just flat out make no diference in earlier levels.
For example the Portal spell has absolutely no difference between lvl 1 and 5 and only grants one extra range in lvl 6 and costs one AP less on lvl 9. Though I've seen some people have 4 portals open at the same time, so the effects might be there and only have an missing explanation.
And the Time breach and Incandescence only have different effects every few turns.
Are these specials and passives just temporary?
Because I'd prefer a bit smoother progresion (like every other class in the game except pandawa (which has the same problem, was the release rushed?)).

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 1775

Yeah, I'd noticed some of those have tiny bonuses for leveling them up. The multiple portals thing though comes over multiple turns and having additional Control.

0 0
Score : 5
AduroT|2014-12-10 13:46:35
Yeah, I'd noticed some of those have tiny bonuses for leveling them up. The multiple portals thing though comes over multiple turns and having additional Control.
can you explain that? the portal part that is
0 0
Score : 181
TheLockFilm2|2014-12-10 16:18:41
AduroT|2014-12-10 13:46:35
can you explain that? the portal part that is
The number of Portals you can have out is based on your Control stat.
The more Control you have, the more Portals you can have out at one time.

Since Portals don't disappear but cost 3 AP each, it may take a few turns before you can create enough Portals to reach your cap.
0 0
Score : 5

so if i got 9 controll i could sommon 9 more portals?

0 0
Score : 2197

this is my knowlege of portals so far. you have an passive with max 2 charges, and u gain one charge each turn (start with 2), and you can use one charge to either close or open an portal. if you have 2 or more portals open on the map, and you stand upon one of them, you can move through them (at the cost of 1 mp + lock penalty), even if you didnt make the portals.

this works for both enemies, and allies given that you stand upon an portal, and there is another one unocupied somewhere on the map. you can't teleport from an allied portal to an enemie portal, but if you have 2 eliatropes on the same team, their portals are connected, and they can close the portals the other made.

i have only tested transport through enemie portals with enemie eliatrope and sidekicks, and given the fact that it worked, i assume the same is true for other classes.

when it comes to casting spells, you can extend the range of your spels by a lot(refering to the spells that are possible to cast through portals), by having portals in the correct places.

as long as you are able to target an portal (not shure if this works with enemie portals), with one of the spells compatable with the portal, you can target any area that u would have line of sight when standing on the portal you are casting through.

there are 2 conditions for this as far as i know. first is that the portal you want to cast an spell through is unocupied by an character (not shure about objects like panda barral, and bombs), and you must be at least 1 range away from the portal you wanna cast through.

here is an exsample. you have an portal that is at range 2 from you in a straight line, and another that you cant hit from your current position. lets say at range 10. if you use the 2nd water spell(pulsation, and im using range without bonus/penalties), you can hit any target that is within 1-4 range of the 2nd portal. same range as if you had been standing upon the 2nd portal.

when it comes to portals and control, im not 100% shure how that relationship works, however with 1 extra point in control, you can make 3 portal. when it comes to several eliatropes on the same team, (tested once) it seems like you can create the same number of portals as ushual, but use each others portals.

i did this with another eliatrope at low lv, while he/she had 0 bonus control, and i had 1 bonus control. we were able to create 5 portals. (me 3, and him 2), and use each others portals as if they were our own.

@TheLockFilm2 hope this helps, and that u got all the information you needed, and if i did some grammar mistakes, sry about that.

Edit: made part of this post before food, finished the rest now, so didnt se the posts after 16:18

0 0
Respond to this thread