Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Eliotropes in a nutshell

By MundusArchetypus November 27, 2014, 18:37:12
DevTracker
Reactions 205
Score : 1864
So Portals go through Locking pro. Why?

Was answered, but the range on portals makes me want locking pro to work on them.
In fact, I'd rather Locking pro over lock/dodge working on the portals
0 0
Score : 1273
Rokugatsu|2014-12-07 16:36:37
Cra Revamp looking good already... 10/10.
0 0
Score : 1781
Heartyace|2014-12-09 13:35:34

Was answered, but the range on portals makes me want locking pro to work on them.
what is locking pro?
0 0
Score : 3424
AduroT|2014-12-09 15:06:32
Heartyace|2014-12-09 13:35:34

what is locking pro?
Iop passive that stabilizes the enemy they're facing in CC. Feca has the same skill called Stabilization Aura.
0 0
Score : 1552
Brokonaut|2014-11-29 08:50:08
Neneko88i|2014-11-29 08:39:18
you know air branch does nothing besides sudden chill mango sleep that's what they branch shoudl be called, sudden chill.

but I agree about eliotropes, glad they aren't the super damage class we thought they were. They seem balanced to me.

Lower the "planning" strategies with portals and it will work

atm elios suffer from the Rogue syndrome where planning bombs and all that takes 2 turns (or used to take 2 turns in closed beta).
A lot of classes that use summons/mechanics suffer from this. Just lower the cost for setting up portals and things and the class will be as fun as it should be.

That's a fair evaluation. Granted I do like Woodland Stench too. I never said Sadida don't need an overwork, but their branches do have a clear focus! It's not very fair to compare them to Eliotrope. While Sadida do everything, everything is clearly sorted by element. Eliotrope do seemingly everything, in every single branch. It's a chaotic.

The cost to set up portals isn't too bad. For those unfamiliar with the system it works as such:
- You start the battle with 2 "Portal Charges". 2 is the maximum at any given time, and it's maxed out at this.
- Your first 2 portals do not cost any Control. Besides for AP cost, they are free. You can create 4 portals max at any given point, and to do so would require 2 Control stat on your character.
- You can use the Portal spell equal to the number of Portal Charges you have. You regain 1 Portal Charge every turn. Again, 2 is the maximum amount of stacks.
- This sets you up so that the first turn you can create 2 portals and then on the following turn either create a third one or remove an existing one. Or you save that Portal Charge and on the turn even after that, you can remove both or create two new ones.
- Unsummoning a portal refunds the AP cost. One of the Eliotrope specialties makes it so that removing a portal while an ally or yourself is standing on it grants an additional AP on top of that.
- The portals never expire and no one else can remove them. Enemies will not use them, but they can stand on top of them to prevent travel to them.
- Traveling through a portal only costs 1 MP.
- Traveling 6 cells or more incurs the Stumbling state on the character. This is a -20% Final Damage and -20% Final Resist debuff. It is static and isn't affected by anything other than greater than 5 cells traveled. The Final Damage debuff falls off at the end of the turn, while the Final Resist debuff falls off at the beginning of the next turn. This means that if you use portals offensively, you'll be inhibited in your damage. But if you use portals to escape after attacking, you won't suffer from the damage penalty on the next turn.

• Mango

Not sure if you fixed this yet but enemies can use/go through portals. Unless of course I was hallucinating in game yesterday, but I know in Dofus they can so it makes sense they can on Wakfu also. Another reason to be wary of too many portals.
0 0
Score : 261

I am so hyped for this class!

0 0
Respond to this thread