[1.75] Osamodas Revamp

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - February 17, 2022, 10:00:13
DevTracker AnkaTracker

Hello everyone,

Please post your feedback here.

First Ankama intervention

Hello gamers,

For now there is a total of 6 capturable summons + the Wodent

Your feedback will have a huge importance this time around, as we want to make sure the balancing and the consistency of our design are satisfying.

Here's the current list, please note that spell values (damage / debuff / bonus) scale with the level of the Osamodas.

Wodent (Unlocked in Incarnam / when the gobgob is completely empty)

• Wodents are cool
    • 1 WP, 1 Range non modifiable
    • Earth damage
    • 1/target
  • Wodentry
    • 1 WP, 1 to 3 Range non modifiable
    • Teleports on the cell
    • 1/turn
  • Super Wodent
    • Air damage on enemy
    • Pushes 1 cell back1/target
Gobbette
  • Burning kiss
    • Cast on ally only
    • When the target goes below 20% of its max HP :
    • Fire heal on allies in a circle 2 around the target
    • 1/turn
  • Hug
    • 1 WP, 1 to 4 Range non modifiable
    • Water heal
      • 2/turn
  • Passionate kiss
    • Armor gain
    • If the target suffers damage from an enemy, the Gobbette wins 50% Heal performed
    • 1/turn
Tofu
  • Tofu spell 1
    • Air damage
    • Removes 100% of the caster’s level in Lock and stores it
    • 2/turn, 1/target
  • Tofu spell 2
    • Air damage
    • -2 MP and stores 1 MP
    • No cast limit at the moment but it’s supposed to be 1/turn
  • Tofu spell 3
    • 1 WP, 0 Range non modifiable
    • Gives stored lock and MP to the caster + its allies in a circle 2 aoe
    • 1/turn

Ancestral Crackler
  • Crackler fist
    • 1 WP, 0 to 1 Range non modifiable
    • Pulls 2 cells fighters that are in cross 3 aoe towards the target cell
    • Earth damage to enemies in cross 3 aoe
    • 1/turn
  • Crackler spell 2
    • Earth damage around the summon
    • -2 PM around the summon
    • 1/turn
  • Coeur de pierre
    • 100 Resist (1 turn)
    • 200% of the level in lock (1 turn)
    • 2 turns cooldown
Crobak
  • Feather tornado
    • 1 WP, 2 to 4 Range non modifiable
    • Lays down a tornado glyph (1 turn)
    • Air damage (enemies) and pushes 2 cells away when walking on the glyph
    • 1/turn
  • Crobak spell 2
    • 1 WP, 2 to 6 Range non modifiable
    • Air damage
    • -2 Range (1 tour)
    • 2/turn, 1/target
  • Crobak vision
    • 1 WP, 1 to 5 Range non modifiable, no LoS
    • Cast only on allies
    • 2 Range (1 turn)
    • 2/turn, 1/target
Pinsular
  • Typhoon
    • 1 WP, 3 to 6 Range
    • Water damage to enemies (cross 3 aoe)
    • Water heal to allies (cross 3 aoe)
    • 1/turn
  • Insular Breath
    • 1 WP, 2 to 6 Range, cast in line
    • Air damage (enemy)
    • Air heal (ally)
    • Push 3 cells back
    • 2/turn, 1/target
  • Repulsion
    • 1 WP, 4 to 7 Range
    • Air damage (enemy)
    • Air heal (ally)
    • Pushes 1 cell back around the target cell
    • 2/turn, 1/target
Inanite
  • Attack
    • 1 WP, 1 to 3 Range, non modifiable
    • Earth damage
    • 2/turn
  • Jump
    • 1 WP, 1 to 4 Range, non modifiable
    • Jumps on the target cell
    • 2 turns cooldown
  • Attack 2
    • 1 WP, 1 Range, non modifiable
    • Earth damage
    • Damage is doubled when backstabbing
  • 2/turn, 1/target
See message in context
Reactions 58

Hello gamers,

For now there is a total of 6 capturable summons + the Wodent

Your feedback will have a huge importance this time around, as we want to make sure the balancing and the consistency of our design are satisfying.

Here's the current list, please note that spell values (damage / debuff / bonus) scale with the level of the Osamodas.

Wodent (Unlocked in Incarnam / when the gobgob is completely empty)

• Wodents are cool
    • Earth damage
    • 1/target
  • Wodentry
    • Teleports on the cell
    • 1/turn
  • Super Wodent
    • Air damage on enemy
    • Pushes 1 cell back1/target
Gobbette
  • Burning kiss
    • Cast on ally only
    • When the target goes below 20% of its max HP :
    • Fire heal on allies in a circle 2 around the target
    • 1/turn
  • Hug
    • Water heal
      • 2/turn
  • Passionate kiss
    • Armor gain
    • If the target suffers damage from an enemy, the Gobbette wins 50% Heal performed
    • 1/turn
Tofu
  • Tofu spell 1
    • Air damage
    • Removes 100% of the caster’s level in Lock and stores it
    • 2/turn, 1/target
  • Tofu spell 2
    • Air damage
    • -2 MP and stores 1 MP
    • No cast limit at the moment but it’s supposed to be 1/turn
  • Tofu spell 3
    • Gives stored lock and MP to the caster + its allies in a circle 2 aoe
    • 1/turn

Ancestral Crackler
  • Crackler fist
    • 1 WP, 0 to 1 Range non modifiable
    • Pulls 2 cells fighters that are in cross 3 aoe towards the target cell
    • Earth damage to enemies in cross 3 aoe
    • 1/turn
  • Crackler spell 2
    • Earth damage around the summon
    • -2 PM around the summon
    • 1/turn
  • Coeur de pierre
    • 100 Resist (1 turn)
    • 200% of the level in lock (1 turn)
    • 2 turns cooldown
Crobak
  • Feather tornado
    • 1 WP, 2 to 4 Range non modifiable
    • Lays down a tornado glyph (1 turn)
    • Air damage (enemies) and pushes 2 cells away when walking on the glyph
    • 1/turn
  • Crobak spell 2
    • 1 WP, 2 to 6 Range non modifiable
    • Air damage
    • -2 Range (1 tour)
    • 2/turn, 1/target
  • Crobak vision
    • 1 WP, 1 to 5 Range non modifiable, no LoS
    • Cast only on allies
    • 2 Range (1 turn)
    • 2/turn, 1/target
Pinsular
  • Typhoon
    • 1 WP, 3 to 6 Range
    • Water damage to enemies (cross 3 aoe)
    • Water heal to allies (cross 3 aoe)
    • 1/turn
  • Insular Breath
    • 1 WP, 2 to 6 Range, cast in line
    • Air damage (enemy)
    • Air heal (ally)
    • Push 3 cells back
    • 2/turn, 1/target
  • Repulsion
    • 1 WP, 4 to 7 Range
    • Air damage (enemy)
    • Air heal (ally)
    • Pushes 1 cell back around the target cell
    • 2/turn, 1/target
Inanite
  • Attack
    • 1 WP, 1 to 3 Range, non modifiable
    • Earth damage
    • 2/turn
  • Jump
    • 1 WP, 1 to 4 Range, non modifiable
    • Jumps on the target cell
    • 2 turns cooldown
  • Attack 2
    • 1 WP, 1 Range, non modifiable
    • Earth damage
    • Damage is doubled when backstabbing
  • 2/turn, 1/target
Score : 9708

Small issue with osa Crobak summon

The crobak can summon a tornado that pushes 2 cells but mob AI does not register the tornado is there.
Which results in mobs walking into the tornado over and over until they run out of MP and simply end their turn.

4 -3
Score : 1632

... that is the way it was intended, example: if the enemy wants to attack you melee and the only way is where there is the tornado placed, and the mob stops near the tornado waiting for it to be gone it would be so unbalanced against the player is like wasting a spell and even too OP to the AI to be programed that way, in such escenario the spell would not be fulfilling its purpose.

5 -2
Score : 12276

3 AP buff passive to next turn it is old Xelor passive "Save" on steroids.
condition :
"At the end of the turn, if there is no summon in the fight" but is it really a strong penalty for FREE 3 AP buff to next turn?  even the old "Save" passive required you to have  3 real AP to save over to the next turn, now in Osa it's just free AP that spawns out of thin air...
same for  The art of taming passive

• +6 max WP
  • The Summoning spell gets a 2 turns cooldown

in general, it is felt that this revamp was done with much more attention to many elements, it has different levels of depth, aura, etc.  
I am just commenting from the position of Xelors, who have similar passive Memory (+6 max WP) which cuts very hard MP instead of increasing dial cooldown. 
concerning Solitary summoner passive it is unbalanced because it gives AP out of thin air and doesn't even require the wearer to have those 3 AP to save it on next turn. 
can’t comment on the rest in more detail, visually very beautiful, in terms of the depth of the mechanics, there are summons, there is a gobgob, there is an auras, there are a lot of unique spells, which indicates that you put a lot more love into this revamp. 

Solitary summoner passive must require the condition to have at least 3 real action points to transfer them. 
20 -10
Score : 2687

the osa by its own (no summon) is not a big dd it was well known it need it a lil buff; having this in mind 3ap is just like 1 spell, and a summon on battle is like 3 extra spells, is not so crazy so far idk i rather have an summon on battle even if it has a malus rather than 3extra ap either way is about giving the osamodas new option we all know they need it for a long time now, we are just testing nothing is final tho. 
..and 6wp passive seems ok if the summons are draining wp like crazy every turn not including your own spells :T is like without it you would have none at the end of the 2nd turn.

7 -13
Score : 241

Haven't tested yet- but just reading...
Osa seems really good.

I mean even just looking at using dragon form with no summons:
+45%final damage (60% with Carnage) & +3ap!

Sneaky panda nerf doesn't feel so great...

5 -6
Score : 1446

Since the summons (currently) have 0AP, they can't dodge anything without heavy investment. Can they be treated like Drhellzerkers so they can dodge with solely MP?

The only thing I miss about old Osa so far is that there isn't a spell that lets me move the summon to a specific cell. Plenty of swaps.

3 0
Score : 73

Is there somewhere I can see a translation for what each summon archtype does?

0 0
Score : 364

id like the ocushu to stay a summon please!! there really nice to have so it whould feel werid not having

1 0
Score : -618

recude the cowndown of plucking. 2 turns for sure, there have alot of ppls play rear osa, and this really hard backward step

0 -1
Score : 3503

Please let me catch a Black Wabbit again they're my favourite summons!!

0 0
Score : 12276

xander-520#2307|2022-02-18 04:18:52

The cost of the Solitary Summoner passive is not being able to have an active summon on the field.  This is a bigger cost than it would seem at first glance.  For example, not having an active summon hurts the WP regen of the Osamodas greatly, as you cannot get WP back for returning it to the Gobgob.  You also lose out on any support options summons provide.

this does not prevent Osa on the second turn from calling summon and saving free AP from the air with the help of save sublimation, and on the third turn remove this summon to continue abusing it.
it's an unhealthy passive that draws action points out of thin air, it doesn't even require them to be real to save
16 -4
Score : 1023

Dragon Form Whip seems to be bugged and hits everything on the map.

1 0

Hello everyone, and thank you for your feedback! As usual, your feedback is very important to us.

Some of you may have complained about the lack of importance of summons in terms of impact in fights.
Balancing a large number of summons is a difficult task, and we chose to focus on the Osamodas and its core mechanics: its transmission of characteristics to the summons and its sharing of Wakfu points bring a very strong identity to its gameplay and interactions with its summons. Still, we think it remains a very concise and easy to understand class.
When the beta came out, we were already considering one or two passives that would give more importance to the summons, but we preferred to release the first version of the Osamodas as is and see what happens.

Summons are an extension of the Osamodas and will be able to bring a lot more abilities to it, including some of the support abilities that it has lost and that some of you may miss. The goal is to use the right summon at the right time to get the most out of it. We improved the gobgob's size for that very purpose.

There are only 6 summons out of the 30 that are planned available at the moment. With all the changes to the capture and summon system, we have a lot more freedom than before to design their abilities. They will all have, as much as possible and reasonable, their own abilities and specificities, which translates into forms of support/boost that the Osamodas doesn't have or no longer has on its normal spells. The possibilities are much more versatile than before, because the balancing is healthier.

A few examples of abilities that the Osamodas itself lost but can be found on one of its summons:

• Range debuff, which the crobak can use
  • Range buff, on that same crobak
  • MP buff, which can be used by a tofu
  • ... And this is just the beginning.

The Gobgob also becomes more important, and plays the role of a "sheepdog" with additional support abilities that are deep and interesting.

It is a conscious decision to put the Osamodas more in the front stage of the fight than its summons. We feel this is a more interesting way to go in terms of gameplay rather than having a class that is a "slave" to its summon. It's also a more realistic approach in terms of balancing, as mentioned above. We are aware that this may be a gameplay that some of you like, and we are thinking about adding mechanics or passives that go in that direction.
For now, summons are an extension of Osamodas that allows it to fill in some gaps and/or increase the depth of its gameplay through simple but impactful mechanics.

We would like to talk to you about some ideas for the next beta versions, so that you can give us your opinion.

/!\ It's totally WIP, some of these thoughts might never come to the game, and they don't represent all the possible and envisaged improvement routes. /!\
  • New passive 1
    • Summoning gains 40% DI and Heals performed
    • Osamodas loses 20% DI and Heals performed
  • New Passive 2
    • Osamodas can now summon two summons at once
    • Very large downside
  • Rage of the Mulou
    • The downside is removed, or the bonus is increased/modified (potentially related to Osamodas' WP?)
  • Last breath
    • The spell's bonus is reduced
    • For each turn spent on the field: the summon gains X extra bonus, and the Osamodas regenerates 1 PW
  • Velocity
    • The number of MPs given now has a maximum limit
  • (Darude) Sandstorm
    • The spell is now 1-4 Range, not modifiable

We would like to get as much feedback as possible on the substance of the revamp.
  • The draconic form, its identity and mechanics.
  • The evolution of the capture system and the gobgob.
  • The summoning system: transmission of characteristics, WP sharing with the Osamodas, level sharing.
  • Overall: WP mechanics of the class, its consumption and regen.
  • The balancing of the summons: do you find the abilities of the current summons interesting and competitive?

Finally, I remind you that this is a first version and that everything is subject to changes and balancing, hence the importance of your feedback, and we thank you once again for that.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your testing, twelvians !

[Jr.]
Score : 364

personally i dont like that as dragon osa i can only target myself or my summon id personally love for a extra passive allowing me to target other things aswell....maybe with a melee debuff? or the caviot that i can no longer target myself or summon? 

edit just to add: reason i ask for a passive instead of getting rid of the feature is that i know your going in a different direction! id just enjoy other obtions to those who want to keep the dragon forms damage buff/range buff

2 0
Score : 9708

Dracario#5722|2022-02-18 02:08:47
... that is the way it was intended, example: if the enemy wants to attack you melee and the only way is where there is the tornado placed, and the mob stops near the tornado waiting for it to be gone it would be so unbalanced against the player is like wasting a spell and even too OP to the AI to be programed that way, in such escenario the spell would not be fulfilling its purpose.

No, it is an AI bug, and it is being patched as i had already reported it in the beta discord
0 -4
Score : 73

I would like a different animation for summoning. Whipping the air and suddenly a summon is there... seems kinda lazy haha, but it would be fine for unsummoning. Hard to do the old gobgob summon now that the gobgob will probably be in play more often than before so it wouldnt technically make sense to use that animation when the gobgob is already on the field. Maybe even an animation for if the gobgob is on the field? idk just some thoughts!

4 0
Score : 93

food for thought, but imagine if the summoning animation were to be the same as the Puckling/Bwork Sneakiness.

0 0
Score : -7

Can you add two versions of the dragonic form? One just like the rework and the other one more like a Wyvern, idk, it's just a fantasy I have.

To change between forms we can use the osa temple.

2 -3
Score : 2627
Stir needs a review for this effect "The summon is healed of 200% of the damage" because the spell needs a WP and if Osamodas has a support role in the party (malus - Damage inflicted from passives) the heals from this effect will be very bad.

You could replace the effect "The summon is healed of 200% of the damage" to something similar to Sadidas' Drain because this doesn't depend on damage inflicted.

Gobgob: Its spells' range are ugly and you will use it like an Drheller, cluttering the battlefield and blocking line of sight. Maybe it can inherit the Osamodas' range and improve its spells' effects but give him 1 turn of life and then he could die giving you WP.

Animal devotion passive, add this effect:
Allow to use Single target spells (armor effect) on Osamodas, to allow surviving ways in support role.

Stroll, review this effect "25% Melee DI". Maybe you could replace it with RangeForce of Will, or Dodge. And then increase its range or allow it to be modifiable.
0 0
Score : 13
Hello Everyone, hope this message can be seen by one of the Wakfu Forum moderators. 

Before we begin, I want to clarify a few things. 

1. I'm not against the Wakfu reform. In fact, I think that every game needs to update, reform, and provide a new way to play and enjoy the game. By doing this, the community will learn something new about the game and everything will be fresh and updated for old and new gamers. 

2. The Osamoda class, can be considered one of the most interactive classes with the Wakfu World. Why? The "capture" option this particular class has, allows providing other ways to play and keep in contact with the Wakfu environment. 

3. It's understandable that is not easy to program two times the same creatures for just one game. Sometimes, this can create program glitches, which are not good at all, right? 

Having explained this information. It seems that we can REALLY start what I really want to say for the Hispanic community. 

About the Osa rework: 

Good points: 

1. The capture spell is still available. 

2. The osamoda dragon visual art will be changed. 

3. There are new passives. 

4. Some spell animations are so great. 

5. It seems that the Jamjam will be used more often now. 

6. the Gobup, Gobgob, and Symbiosa spells will not cover spell boxes. Basically, we are going to have more space to use other spells. 

Bad points: 

1. The capture spell is limited to just a few creature classes. Please, provide us with more creature options. The Wakfu world is full of creatures. Capture just six, does not seem to be good for this class.      (It seems that we will have more options, this point is not longer valid)

2. Some spell animations look recycled. Example: The Gobup spell animation looks like a regular air spell. Instead of being a particular spell 

3. The Dragon Form, change the way all the spells work. This is not good at all. Imagine having a PVP with a CAC class, to push the enemy 3 boxes away or more, I will always need to be CAC and I won't be able to resist all the damage sometimes. 

4. Personally I don't like that as dragon osamoda I can only target myself or my summon.

Besides good and bad? 

I think that the old Osamoda and the new osamoda needs to keep some special things like Capture, provide a bonus to creatures and allies, mobility and Zone spells without needing to be CAC 

Note: The "tornado" spell seems to be bugged. 

This is all from me at the moment, hope a moderator can see this message. 
2 -1
Score : 13284

There are planned 30 capturable creatures but there are only 6 in this version of the Beta. We just have to wait until they reveal the rest.

Chafer please

4 0
Score : 2

I want to leave my opinion here about what I thought of Osamodas so far. - Comparing with other damage chars, Osamodas could be doing a little more damage, mainly distance. - Summoners is practically unfeasible in this version, low health, and low damage compared to other damage chars. -- Suggestions: - could have passives that would make Osamodas do less damage and the damage go to summon I believe it would be interesting. Some people like to play as Osamodas summoner, and in my opinion, you can have this possibility in the game (pokemon reference) - another suggestion would be to have an element focused on support giving buffs to ally this would be cool for Osamodas support (that's what I intended, that Osamodas has the possibility of being support) - for all this to be balanced, it could have passives that give buffs to summon and remove buff from Osamodas to balance, and with that it can give more life and resistance and damage to invocations. - Overall I found the osa a little strange, mobility to be damage, distance or melee, single target or zone, and the possibility of being full support. - I liked the idea of ​​having summons with different gameplay and that they follow the Osamodas lvl, that was very good. - gobgob could be better, his skills have little use. - Playing with 2 Summons, Gobgob and one other Summon and still playing as a dragon I really liked the idea. - I really liked the use of WP for the invocation hit, it's a very good way to spoof Osamoda WP, but it's spending a lot on it because there's an Osamodas skill that also spends a lot of WP. - I believe that using the distance in the dragon form is kind of unfeasible because it doesn't have a skill that changes the Summon of position. - Melee and zone control I liked it, it's doing a lot of damage and using some summon skills should be pretty cool. - having some tank, poison, shield-focused, healing-focused Summons, would make the use of Summons very different.

I believe there will still be some improvements and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
      0 0
      Score : 2

Osamodas is a class with many possibilities.
      I believe that if you focused on basic spells and left the skills good for invocations, it would be simpler.
      One summon for each example principle.
      Summon Shild
      Summon healer
      summon ally buff (% damage dealt for example)
      Summon Debuff
      summon poisonous
      Summon Damage
      Summon support (taking out Ap, Pm...etc)
      Summon support2 (barrier, griffins...etc)
      And that would be balanced with passives that give buffs and debuffs to the possibilities.

0 0
      Score : 3503

Since Osa is forced in melee build as a Dragon Osa, I feel that we need more passives that gives us more defence, currently Osa is very vulnerable.

2 0
      Score : 48

it's not, you can use spells on a summon

2 -4
      Respond to this thread