Ankama Trackers

[1.70] General Feedback

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - November 10, 2020, 17:00:01
DevTracker AnkaTracker

Hello everyone,

Please post your feedback here.

First Ankama intervention

Replying to JSky

From level 6 to 50 they stay at 1h of respawn time, and max 4.

See message in context
Reactions 16
Score : 5569

The Gobboy costume is awesome cool and cute at the same time!!!
Praise to whom give idea/decide/illustrate it~

1 0

PS: Was thought the next it could be Legendary Plant Costume, Legendary Snapper Costume or Legendary Scara Costume last year wicked

1 0
Score : 910

Hey [Siu], do you read the Suggestions english forum? What's your thought about my suggestion given here ?

0 0
Score : 139

I was talking to Otomai in Mount Zinit Summit at the very start of the "The Tale of the Renaissance" questline and got stuck like this.

Even if I close his dialogue window, I am still stuck with the screen darkened just like the background of this screenshot.
0 0
As refer Archmonsters:
  • Updated the spawn rate of Archmonsters.
    • Level 51 to 140 Archmonsters have a waiting time of 2 hours 30 minutes between each spawn attempt.
    • Level 141 to 200 Archmonsters have a waiting time of 4 hours between each spawn attempt.
    • 4 Archmonsters now spawn instead of 3.

How about Archmobs from Level 6 to 50? Stay respawn time 3 hours with max 3 per zone? 
1 0

From level 6 to 50 they stay at 1h of respawn time, and max 4.

Score : 367

OMG, the new character interface is amazing~!!

1 -1
Score : 10

I love the idea of the new email-style character selection interface, but it needs more colors, it's all so white and empty ... I did a little editing to illustrate how, in my opinion, it would look a lot better:

or:

1 -1
Score : 20

In the character selection screen, I think it would be great to have a photo of the corresponding character in each item of the list.
Some way to sort that list would be great as well. I tend to always select the same character, so I would like it to be on top.

1 0
Score : 69

For the character selection screen, I would like the ability to choose from a few different backgrounds/skins, and maybe have a picture of the character on the list, sort of like how there's one in the group interface/friends list.

Here's an example of how those things would look

I would also like the option to reorder the characters in the list, maybe?

Another thought - what if the background of this screen reflected the sky of the area they were in?
7 0
Score : 4217

Or maybe the sky was the corresponding god of your class! Those images already exist so it wouldn't be that difficult.

1 0
Score : 8917

From functionality standpoint, I prefer the older Character Interface more, since it allows me to quickly glance through which Equipment Sets (Builds) is worn by which Character during a new login session.

6 0
Score : 133

For character selection screen, the character presented should be 2-3 times the size and be the main focus of the interface, right now it looks far too small and the character names on the left feel far too big. (I also agree that it feels too white and there should be more color.

0 0
Score : 4217

Currently the new Erosion passive on Masqueraider is not working, regardless the spell, the target isn't losing resistance.

0 0
Score : 318

The problem with Arch Monsters, is that their respawn timer is incredibly long especially for how closely hunted some of them are. And while it's nice to see better changes for them, I don't think reducing their timers by an hour or two will make any significant impact, especially in practice (because beta server testing for Archmonsters is limited due to the low population of players).

This didn't use to be such a problem before the server merge obviously because of the low population of players not tripping over each other, and it made sense to have competition arise in the later content of the game like when moon and other areas began introducing new families. But now it feels like you have to be insanely lucky to find most of the important and useful families of even LOW LEVEL arch monsters, like Moothane.

I've been trying to fight any 170 arch monsters that I can as I see them, and having need of Rictus the Expressive's scroll necklace, I often look for him in the Amaknian mines to no success. In the time of a week, checking every hour or so (because I had 0 clue until now the respawn timers of Archmonsters in general, or even as to the nature of their spawn rate), I've been able to fight him a total of 2 times. IN A WEEK.

Scroll necklaces exist on the market but they sell for crazy prices that I am not willing to pay for at all. And not only that, they are quite a rare drop from Rictus the Expressive at 1.2% drop chance going by the Wakfu Encyclopedia, so in the few times I did get to fight him in that week, I didn't drop a single thing from him. To me it feels like an infinitely worse case of how in the early days of Wakfu used to have a problem with people putting monsters into exctinction and then grifting players for seeds and controlled/monopolized gear farms.

Infinitely worse in the sense that they spawn at best 3-4 times in a day, and a player can only really be there for at best 2 of them (if they're campy and constantly vigilant), which is a hard ask to waste your time just spending every hour of everyday in a map running up and down it to check to see if it spawned trying to snipe a fight or two. It is literally the worst game experience I've ever had to put up with. I've had my ups and downs with Wakfu before but this takes the cake for literally the worst aspect of it, seriously.

I've had 3 Rictus the Expressive fights stolen from under me as I waited for a friend to join me by a person soloing it with 3 heroes/multimen (of people level 200 and higher), and having the fight be locked immediately so I wouldn't even be able to join despite him having 3 slots available for the fight. Maybe locking fights is cool for normal mobs but something so hotly contested and limited as Arch Monsters? 

Dropping the respawn from 5 hours to 4 is not going to fix my issues and the issues of the poor rising players like me who would like the gear from these Arch mobs. It's not nearly enough. And you'd think, maybe it's just a problem with Rictus the Expressive? No, it isn't. It's a problem with most if not all Arch Monsters level 120 and up. Trying to find The Eternal? The Phenostem? etc etc? Not gonna happen naturally any time this year.

I don't know if the feedback on this thread is being translated and communicated directly to the developers who I'd think are primarily French speakers, but in light of my comment about Archmonsters, I only have two requests. 

The hard ask is this: Please please lower the Arch Monster respawn timers down further. I love that the server merger brought new life to Wakfu again, but it's hard enough competing for basic resources like ores and fish against so many players, it's harder still fighting hundreds of people a day for a single rare enemy that likes to spawn in small nooks and crannies around the map. 

The medium ask is this: Please give us some sort of indicator that an Archmonster is spawned. Maybe add a little monster family sigil to somewhere in the Ecosystem UI page if its alive. Maybe give it a timer to indicate when it'll spawn or how long left it needs to respawn (or make it vague by making it different colors depending on how soon it'll respawn, to add a competitive race and flair to people gunning for it).

Or the bare minimum you could do:

Give us SOME information on the respawn timers. Either through the in-game UI or adding a footnote to the Encyclopedia page of these Archmonsters.

Give us information on the nature of these respawns. How does an archmonster respawning work? Are there four individual archmonsters each on their own seperate cooldown timer for respawning? Does one archmonster have to exist before another can spawn so that multiple of them occupy the map? Does that mean they share their cooldown timer with a single archmonster? Do they reset at set times in the day?

legendaryxelor|2020-11-30 23:25:43
That's how Rarity and Supply/Demand works.

If no one buys / can afford them, the price will eventually drop / adjust to the market.

Making things easier to obtain does not solve the issue, all it does is break the in-game economy. On that note, when making something Rare, common, it stops being Rare.

Same goes to any suggestions that propose to make the game easier. Each update in making the game easier, has a significant impact to the in-game economy.

I understand very well how markets work, and why making that change would be hard. But as it stands, how fiercely contested (even by people who are not even the level range for these archmonsters) and how terribly scarce these mobs are has made trying to put in the leg work and personally obtain these items for yourself nearly an impossibility. It is an infinitely black well of poor game design.

I'm not even asking for the mobs to become easier. Some of them are rightly too tough even for people at the level range. But grifting got removed from the early life of Wakfu for a damn good reason, because it adds a very toxic relationship between the player community and the game.

To me, Archmonsters are literally the ABSOLUTE worst part of Wakfu. When most of them were just side-bosses in dungeons, that felt like the infinitely better system. If they wanted to make the gear they drop rare and time-gated, they could've easily imposed different restrictions so that everybody could have a shot at them like being daily fights or something of the like, instead of having this dog eat dog garbage. I've gone days without seeing even a single Rictus, Time-bird, Siserker, etc. And yes, all four of them as I try to rotate through those maps.

Also, there's no problem with making things become easier to find. Especially with this new rune system that asks you get copies of items to perfect an item. I don't see people complaining about the crafting rework and having every piece of normal gear be upgradable. I don't see people complaining that dailies and tokens make obtaining relics easier. I don't see stasis making it easier to obtain epics and other rare items of such nature being a problem for the community. So why should Archmonsters be the exception? Why should they get the free pass to absurd rarity? 

At some point, pandering to the in-game economy has to have its limit.
1 0
Score : 1657

That's how Rarity and Supply/Demand works.

If no one buys / can afford them, the price will eventually drop / adjust to the market.

Making things easier to obtain does not solve the issue, all it does is break the in-game economy. On that note, when making something Rare, common, it stops being Rare.

Same goes to any suggestions that propose to make the game easier. Each update in making the game easier, has a significant impact to the in-game economy.

0 0
Respond to this thread