Pinned

[1.68 Feedback] Level 215

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - June 02, 2020, 16:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker

Hello everyone,

Please post your feedback here.

Reactions 51
Score : 186

Remove level 215, keep it at 200 and implement Omega levels. I know you don't want to be the same as Dofus, but it is a better system. 

19 -5
Score : 1121

I agree OMEGA Levels is a good way to keep 200 content/gear relevant. Adding 15 levels is just a temporary fix for now. What happens when we keep adding content? Does the max level keep increasing every 15 levels with new gear, new content, new quests, new maps, new dungeons until we're all level 1000?  You can put requirements for some dungeons or new gear to have 200 level + 15 omega level to enter or wear. You can keep creating new content, new gear, new rewards for when people reach a new omega level (Banner levels, titles, passive slot, costumes, emotes, cosmetics, auras,  mounts, pets). Players don't always need new higher/stronger gear to feel progression.
Maybe you can do ALS+OMEGA with cool new rewards or OMEGA tokens to buy exclusive OMEGA mounts or pets with.

11 -5
Score : 7057

[Ankama]WAKFU
We wanted to take the opportunity to make leveling smoother by removing the sharp rise in experience needed to level up from level 185 and above. Leveling level 1 → level 215 in Version 1.68 should take roughly as much time as leveling level 1 → level 200 in Version 1.67.

When Version 1.68 is released, characters will keep the same level and the same experience percentage at their current level. For example, if your character was at level 190 with 35% experience in 1.67, they will be at level 190 with 35% experience in 1.68.

Curious, given these statements, why not simply allow previously Lv.200 Characters automatically be Lv.215 once 1.68 goes Live? likewise to previously Lv.185 Characters automatically be Lv.200 once 1.68 goes Live.

That way, it'll at least reduce some of the "Slap in the Face, all previous grinding effort goes to waste" sentiment. As the way it is now, albeit minor to some, is still a form of sneaky way in removing progression players have made.

[Ankama]WAKFU
Character Pages
  • Accounts now have four Skill/Spell/Equipment pages by default (one more than in 1.67).
  • The maximum number of Skill/Spell/Equipment pages is now 10 instead of 11.

Pre 1.68, I've purchased 10 additional Skill/Spell/Equipment pages on top of the default 3. Meaning I have 13 pages on each respective category. Post 1.68, the Maximum number of Skill/Spell/Equipment pages theoretically increased by 1, so doesn't that mean I should have access to maximum number of 14 pages for Skill/Spell/Equipment pages? Yet, I'm still capped at 13 pages on Beta. Bug or Oversight?

- Reg
12 -2
Score : 1110

why not just add new maps, new items, new dungeons without level 215.
lv 200 is end-game content, just add more 200 contents instead of new 215.

If you add level 215, and then couple years later, It will be 230-245...300. Sound not good at all.

7 -6

Most players are finding it difficult to even reach 200 and a lot of them quit before they reach 200. They don't want to bloat the 200 level content. Increasing the level cap isnt the right way to fix bloated content.

OMEGA is designed to be continuous, with milestones to reach for new rewards. you can add new OMEGA content. I honestly think this is the way to go.

7 -4
Score : 147

I agree with Reg3e, you told us that you're going to make leveling up smoother by bringing down the XP required for certain levels, however at the same time you are taking away from us who are already at 200 all the XP we have farmed so hard to reach it.

I mean in order to reach lvl 215 we need 7 bilion of XP and BEFORE of this update we needed 8 bilion of XP to reach the lvl 200.

So in short you are taking away from us the XP we farmed so hard and that's not right. It's just like as if you have worked for 3 months, they paid you, and the day after they tell you they're gonna pay you more in the future but you're gonna have to give them back the money of those 3 months. So in the end you have worked for free for 3 months. You should easily understand that's not right since many people also pay you for your service.

Want to raise the maximum level to 215? Fine, it's good, but don't take away from the players the time they spent in order to gain something or you're really gonna lose even more players this time, and I don't think that the server merge will save you.

6 -3
Score : 4743

It's more like you worked somwhere for a year for a bad pay and now they are giving everyone even people who just joined a 10% raise and refuse to ppay you for the 10% more money you would have gotten for the work you did in the last year.

3 -9
Score : 1257

as the thread was killed had to repost here then .... its important dont silence criticisms

what you lose:
1. your treasure nerf 
2.your progress (endgame title) nerf 

what you get

1. same difficulty to op gear all your characters  and the same close elite gang  info about decoding mechanics in order to beat the boss at high stasis
2. new content that seem so odd when you see the anime : where is the season 3 expansion will be introduce into game .?..god dungs  and oropo story ?
3.less population because many rage quit because of the fogger kill and some more will be end selling all now and come back in 1-2 years when all ''new'' stuffs are becoming possible for all in terms of kamas ..its call speculation and is a real life fact that makes investors moves treasures around -.-

This upgrade will just help the more powerful in game but for the average player it will be a 10 years game to maybe get maxed ....normal people need study/work and have physical lives .

suggestion :
i suggest they do something similar like dofus when they upgraded 200 lvl ..... omega lvl ... and they gave to already 200 lvls some auto progression based on the activity logs ..... that way more active player will auto lvl to maybe 205 lvl .... also that move will create auto need of new content gears to fullfill the gap .

GOUG

p.d : i know is impossible because ankama have been and always will be stubborns when playerbase suggest dofus kind of upgrades ....like kolliseum (wich is just a copy paste code and transfer ) and will fill (just a part of it) the pvp broken system in wakfu ) or perceptors  .

... make ankama games have a crypto-digital currency ,that way i will play 24/7 and live in real life ^^

...and please stop spoiling all comments with solid criticism , you are out of this exercise if your playstyle is not lvl to endgame and/or you just focus on adjusting level content(why? because you dont care at all what changes or be nerf on endgame ..is endgame issue not yours)

2 -5
Score : 391

Omega levels sounds like a good solution

11 -5
Score : 1110

I vote for Omega Levels

11 -6
Score : 1176

I wish they did that when the max lvl was 100

200 lvls with 8 billion xp to reach it, is just too much imo

4 -4

The idea is - OMEGA stasis level, where some new and old dungeons will have a passive negative effects in OMEGA stasis level. Like burning effects every turn, or no vision, no range or reduced damage.

The way to combat OMEGA negative effects in OMEGA dungeons is to upgrade your current 200 gear to OMEGA gear, which will give you bonus resistance to negative effects in those dungeons. outside of those dungeons in pvp or regular dungeons, its just normal 200 gear. The bonus stats only applies for OMEGA dungeons.

Maybe every OMEGA level gives you OMEGA Tokens to buy scrolls to upgrade your gear to OMEGA.

So if I tried to complete an OMEGA dungeon without OMEGA gear it would be really difficult because of the negative effects. I would need to keep increasing my omega level become stronger to complete the content

7 -5
Score : 1861

Honest question since I don't play dofus (i did read the devlog):
How would omega level allow developers of the game to add new monsters family/dungeons to level 200?
How omega levels would allow the new items from this new content to be relevant (better than the existing ones) so that you would want to consume this new content? Most people run dungeons to get rewards. If the reward is not worth it, why run the dungeon?

6 -3

Great comment! 

Players are already finding it difficult to reach 200. Not a lot of players make it to 200. Imagine if you started playing Wakfu and you saw the level cap was at 500. It's so daunting to see.

How many level are we going to keep increasing the cap?
It has to stop somewhere, and when it stops whats next? The same issue they have now, with bloated level 500 content so they need to increase level cap again to spread the content out. It really won't end with this system. 

For PVP obviously the higher level players will have the advantage, but as the levels increase with stronger gear, how are you going to catch up? When you hit 200 the other players are 215 when you hit 215 they are at 230. It has to even out eventually, so the levels have to stop increasing eventually.

How do you stop the increasing gap between players but release new content?
Secondary leveling system = OMEGA levels. Wakfu OMEGA levels and Dofus OMEGA levels don't have to work the exact same way.

Devs can continue to create new content and rewards for players beyond 200. 
Releasing new monster family / dungeons. Players would need to level up OMEGA levels to become stronger to complete OMEGA content. Maybe New OMEGA gear thats only applies for OMEGA content. 

Rewards can be exclusive omega mount skins, pets, slots, costumes, titles, auras, runs. They pretty much already do this with Almanax Tokens when you pray at scriptures. The more you play the cooler rewards you can gain. They can introduce OMEGA chairs that you can sit on that heals you faster than sitting on the floor. There are so many things they can do to give rewards that doesnt have to increase stats.

When it comes down to PVP with a [regular level 200 player] and a [200 player + OMEGA levels], they would be on even levels because omega gear/enchantments is only relevant for omega content.

8 -5
Score : 2331

Ricardoflip|2020-06-03 17:50:56
Honest question since I don't play dofus (i did read the devlog):
How would omega level allow developers of the game to add new monsters family/dungeons to level 200?
How omega levels would allow the new items from this new content to be relevant (better then the existing) so that you would want to consume this new content? Most people run dungeons to get rewards. If the reward is not worth it, why run the dungeon?

GW2, its great idea 
ofc. many people not got 80lvl and stop play / i few times have same problem about got 80lvl character, but when i got 80 lvl character - finnaly game start be true game... 
2 -4

I... what? I didn't understand any of that, could you rephrase that?

0 -4
Score : 969

Ricardoflip|2020-06-03 12:29:42
Thank you for you comment virtualshade.
If Ankama blocked pvp level to 200, would that create a virtual omega level? where they could increase level for pvm content, but pvp would be restricted to level 200 or less?

God i hate how pvp has to ruin every game, especially in this game. Since release majority of the changes have been based off some random class being really good in PvP so they nerf it overall; affecting PvE especially, i,e Heal resist. Or they do random dumb things like nerfing Rogue into the ground because they could set up bombs over 75+ turns and oneshot Dragon Pig after detonating them. Just friggin seperate the two already; capping PvP to level 200 would be a good change, or even giving all skills seperate %/effects that only activate in PvP alone. The frogs need to stop ruining their games and listening to PvP centric complaints.
8 -5

Ok that's very rude, but the idea while not very practical could work.
It doesn't really solve anything but at least lvl 200 players would be less mad.

0 -8
Score : 420

I am close to 200 (190) and even just hearing the announcement that I am going to be 25 levels behind instead of 10 is almost turning me off from playing the game all together. I cant imagine people who have been grinding for a long time and are so close and have begun to get 200 items feel when hearing that they are going to be pushed back farther, and that the 200 items they collected unless legendary are pretty much going to be trash tier since big brain Ankama doesn't know how to listen to the feedback from players and isn't going to read this one. I have only played for about 4 months but I have grinded to hell and back to get to where I am while being a paying member the whole time. Please Ankama, listen to your community for once and dont increase the level cap to 215, do omega levels or something but please leave the levels where they are!

6 -5

I mean yes, but lvl 200 items are now going to be much cheaper since some people are going to swap them for higher level items

0 -4
Score : 533

I assume the ship had sailed as soon as it was announced, as usual, but I'd love to be wrong. So for some more perspective that hopefully sounds very familiar already: I play games too much. I have played this game too much. If I have any sense at all, I will stop playing this one, because I can't think of any other that has less respect for my time.

The only reason I even attempted to accept the abomination that is the enchanting system, was the assumption that it would be the alternative to more hard resets like this. Maybe I'm alone in this but I really don't think I am: I stomach the frustrating aspects of enormous grinds, in part, because I feel like it's actually headed somewhere that I want to be. Wakfu seems determined to ensure that unless I make it my only occupation, I'll never get there.

I keep coming back even though I should know better, because nothing else does quite what Wakfu does for me. It would be nice if I could stop regretting it.

7 -4

Wait so do you dislike the new levels or the fact that they made enchanting easier?

0 -3
Score : 1398

With Lv.215 and newer end game mobs comings, potentially more complex mechanics. Please Update / Revamp Sidekicks abilities and stats to better fit the current meta after all the recent major game mechanics Patches. In their current state, their Skill kit and Stats are just too underpowered for what they cost and investment needed, for example Beelzebug, Lumino, Skale, Shadow...etc just to name a few.

6 0
Score : 115

Also Chad could get improved, his skillset is quite terrible and his Fragmentation Dagger skill doesn't even make sense - "If the target is behind you" -  which isn't even possible since you turn to face enemy automatically on attack(unless it is just bad translation from french).
I don't even see the reason why you can't use both Chad and Pandora as sidekicks at the same time when obtaining them both on different characters -  since the newest Harebourg quest in Xelorium made it so that they are both alive anyway.

0 0
Score : 115

Why not just add new dungeons for lower levels, Osamosa for example could have 171 and 186 areas. While endgame content keeps getting bigger,  there could be more stuff to do for people who haven't yet reached 200.

1 -2
Score : 5070

Ever since the cap reached 200 years ago that's all they've been doing so..

2 0
Score : 93

Lvl 215 (and more) will be more attractive if you give 2 more spells and 1 passive for the deck.

2 0

So far the only person that I agree with posting here..
It is a little annoying having to choose 12 spells and 6 passives when each character has 20+ spells and 12+ passives.. My Xelor himself wants to have Xelor Punishment, Dust and Mummification but not enough slots..

1 0

A lot of people here complaining that the game will be more grindy even tho' the exp to level will be the same which, technically, makes leveling up in between levels easier, not harder and also people suggesting "Why not just make content in between?", ok, like.. What Ankama has been doing ever since the level cap reached 200? We got Soft Oak (Lv126), Blopera (Lv126), Magmotel Revamp (Lv156) and many others counting also the many variable dungeons in the new areas (Pandalucia, Revamped Sadida Kingdom, etc) and, like I said before, eventually every MMO has to get through this when they manage to get alive for so long the same way Wakfu does.. Either they need to make some gimmick like Dofus's Omega Levels or increase the level cap and since Wakfu isn't Dofus 2, Omega Levels, for more interesting they might be, is something I don't believe the Wakfu team will migrate from Dofus..

Frankly I don't care either way.. Ankama increased the cap but at least they acknowledged that they had to reduce the EXP necessary to level in order to reduce some of the grinding, that along with the adjustments to the enchanting system (a system that I, frankly, despise) are making the game less and less grindy over time so they are listening to the community, for more toxic that it may be.. Some bumps here and there tho'..

So I will stay in the line of caution but at the same time optimistic that things ~might~ get better

1 -3
Score : 393

more levels = more grind

3 -2
Score : 4071

MiiiiKy|2020-06-09 13:34:44
。。。。 has been doing ever since the level cap reached 200? We got Soft Oak (Lv126), Blopera (Lv126), Magmotel Revamp (Lv156) and many others counting。。。。

Kindly check Blopera (Lv126) not 141 instead?
0 0

.. Does.. Does it matter if it's 126 or 141?
My point is that Ankama has been doing dungeons for the levels in between for ages

0 0
Score : 393

I honestly dont understand this logic as a game developer.

40% of players dont want 215
60% said they dont mind 215
but no one asked for more levels.

so screw what the 40% think and lets go with 215!?

40% is a lot! Thats still 40% of your player base! If you lost 40% of players, you wouldn't care? Thats why the population is so low!

I know players crave new content at gear, but there has to be a better way than continue to increase levels all the time.

6 0

Well you can't expect that everyone who doesn't agree with one decision in the game is going to quit, remember how many people said they are going to quit if they remove open world PvP?
Also I'm sure some people asked for more levels, that's what gave them the idea

1 -1
Respond to this thread