FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

"Black Emiw" can die in a fire + invulnerability mechanics in general...

By Stupid-Child - MEMBER - October 22, 2020, 21:44:58

Ankama, I hate you for this boss's mechanics, but it's not just him...

Your invulnerability mechanic obsession ruins so many bosses. You guys tarnish so many dungeons with them to the point that there's no value in doing them compared to just incinerating thousands of mobs outside the dungeon's doors. Why dance around with the tiles on Emiw when I can just obliterate 200 wabbits outside in the same amount of time?

Just awful design.

Don't even make sense either. Why is this fat black rabbit dude with a hat invulnerable? Or a bwork dude? Mechanical tower... Ponktius as well (although his is straightforward and doesn't keep reverting EVERY TURN)... Just tired of it. Change them or something.

It's just boring, tedious, and lazy.

Not content to be proud of, and getting friends into this game really takes a nose dive on their fun when dealing with such frustrating mechanics.

7 -2
Reactions 7
Score : 17617

For EXP, it's the same getting it there, outside or with quests. For equipment, you need to beat the boss. You might have reasons or not for wanting that equipment or part of it.

If you hate that one, wait until the dungeons at Moon and you'll see.

1 0
Score : 5570

Fight boss usually only for its exclusive loot table and special boss materials for crafting, oh in dungeon the stasis level affect drop rate so some normal family mobs also higher chance drop Epic too~

0 0
Score : 786

Stupid-Child
Ankama, I hate you for this boss's mechanics, but it's not just him...

Your invulnerability mechanic obsession ruins so many bosses. You guys tarnish so many dungeons with them to the point that there's no value in doing them compared to just incinerating thousands of mobs outside the dungeon's doors. Why dance around with the tiles on Emiw when I can just obliterate 200 wabbits outside in the same amount of time?

Just awful design.

Don't even make sense either. Why is this fat black rabbit dude with a hat invulnerable? Or a bwork dude? Mechanical tower... Ponktius as well (although his is straightforward and doesn't keep reverting EVERY TURN)... Just tired of it. Change them or something.

It's just boring, tedious, and lazy.

Not content to be proud of, and getting friends into this game really takes a nose dive on their fun when dealing with such frustrating mechanics.

im with you on that, i'd be happier if boss would be N times toughter rather than dance around it to deal with invulnerability
0 0
Score : 44

I would also agree that Dofus is full of them as well but there is a high level dungeon there that is just pure hard hitting hell damage.. Bworker

We need more dungs like Bworker.

Ankama, please

0 0
Score : 7949

Personally,I'm OK with some invulnerability mechanics as long as they offer an inmersive and fun experience and, if possible, do not rely on a specific team composition to be beaten.

For example: Vertox and the robot Owl at Xelorium's dungeons are very fun and the invulnerability thing really fits the whole zone concept of Time. Miss Frizz is awesome too, the fact that you have to die and then revive in order to beat her is very unique. Hoodlum's Boss, even though it can be confusing, offers a very dynamic challenge. All of the Moon Island's UBs have invulnerability BUT they are actually pretty fun minigames which do not require a specific class to be beaten.

But on the other hand, when I see the Wabbit bosses, Kali, DelNyl and Kanniball bosses at Moon I can't help but say... uuuuughhh.

On Kanilooni you pretty much need an Elio or Pandawa to move totems and position targets, DelNyl requires an specific player/preffered class to start first to remove the boss' invulnerability so the rest of the team can damage it while dealing with instakill glyphs and constant movement mechanics, Kali's invul feels so forced and it seems that it only exists to delay the battle considering that you also have to wait a whole turn to kill her summon which is mandatory in order to damage her. I mostly tend to avoid this dungeons because the Boss is anything but fun and sometimes it is filled with unfair hazards along with the invu Boss

There are ways to have invulnerable bosses and make the fight interesting and engaging, but when you apply layers and layer of conditions to a turn-based game (summons, classes, initiative, additional rules)... I can see why people constantly complain about it. Some of them should be review in my opinion.

2 0
Score : 914

I can agree with some of this, but boss mechanics shouldn't be so common like this.

A lot of the mechanics revolve around in other MMOs are, "Do X or else" and not, "Do X or else you don't get to do anything but afk until you figure out the invulnerability mechanic or don't mess it up this round".

Whether that be standing on a spot to clear debuff stacks, attacking a teammate to break insanity/possession, or even standing on a spot to avoid an empowering mechanic on the boss. Something, anything other than slapping invulnerability on every other boss.

Doing a mechanic should be a bonus and make the clear faster/easier and not an ultimatum if they wish to proceed. Like the Harebourg Tower boss that buffs his mechs. His invulnerability has no place. The reward for clearing his minions should be that he has nothing left to buff, not that he literally takes no damage until you do.

I pretty much agree with you, but I just kinda wish the game would stop using invulnerability as much as it does. Especially when it doesn't make sense for a realistic point-of-view for them to be magically ignoring physical punishment. Even some mobs outside of dungeons have invulnerability mechanics. That's insane.

4 -1
Score : -2755

umm black rabbit has got one of the best mechanic and easiest one... if you need to judge Ankama about boss mechanic play mineral tower or moon Grozepin dungeons ,their mechanics will be imposible for you.

0 -5
Respond to this thread