FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Returning player, looking to debate some meta changes and team set ups.

By Asriah - MEMBER - June 06, 2020, 10:11:15

Need some help coming up with a team but I have a lot to think about before I can really decide.   Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Essentially I have Osa, Fogger, Panda, Eni, Elio, Iop, Feca, and Xelor all leveled to varying degrees across a couple accounts.
For me, Fogger has always been my favorite class.  But with the recent changes to them and from what we already know about whats coming for Feca, I'm curious about how these changes may or may not add variety to the meta.
I'm aware that ranged damage Foggers are still viable.  But I feel like if melee/tank seems to be the better set up, that it would be a waste to go for a ranged build.  I don't mind playing Fogger as Melee/Tank if this is the case.
But this makes me wonder just *how* viable Tank Fogger is.  The current meta is Feca, Sacs, and Pandas as the kings.  With Feca changes coming, we have enough of an idea that they wont really be hybrid support tank gods anymore.  But as tank or support focused they'll likely be very powerful.
1.  So question one with all this in mind!  Is a tank focused Fogger able to fit the role of main tank at the same level of ease as a Feca?

Second would be a close follow up with question 1.
2. How do Tank Foggers focused on CC compare with Pandawas in terms of map control?  Is this another case of Foggers being just passable in comparison?
I essentially want to keep playing my Fogger if possible, but I'm not sure if I'll end up gimping my team and having to put more time into gearing at different content tiers.

Next thoughts are towards 2 damage dealing slots.  I guess my options on the table are the Elio, Iop, Osa, and Xelor.  I used to love Osa but something about the class hasn't clicked with me for a long time now.  Xelor as well.  I think Iops are good so I can be happy with running an Iop.  Elio seems good too but part of me wonders if I should class change something to Cra instead.
3.  I guess this is more of an opinion question.  If I wanted to class change something to Cra, what do people feel like would be a good second choice here?

Lastly about the 2 support character roles.  I'm happy to play the Eni for the first spot.  Feca can potentially go full support with the new changes coming.  Osa I'm still not happy with even as support.  I wonder if I should do another class change somewhere to grab an Enu.  I realize this ends up being more cookie cutter meta but I know Enus are powerful buffer/debuffers.
4.  Should I class change something to Enu go to with my Eni?  Or is there another great combo among my characters that fill the support role just as well as Eni+Enu?

As far as class changes go.  All my characters are near or lower than level 150 so it wouldn't be too expensive for me to make a couple changes... and now would be the time to do it.  Again any feedback here would be greatly appreciated, if only just to help me make up my mind.

1 0
Reactions 8
Score : 3881

Tank fogger doesn't really have much in terms of map control besides their one push, but it does have better single target damage then pandawa and also brings mobility to the team with rails instead of having to manually throw around allies as well as enemies. As for the feca comparison, I think fogger is just as good as feca at tanking, but needs a few turns to charge up the pressure, while feca can put a crapton of armour on turn 1.

For DD, I would personally wait for the Osa and Xelor revamp coming this year, but Cra + Iop is just a classic (ranged + melee), totally up to you really, I personally think they are all viable.

Enu is not really that good of a support, he can reduce enemy resistances super well but he doesn't really buff his allies, good tank tho. Maybe you could try a sadida? they can reduce enemy resistances as well as heal and armour allies.
As for osa, as I said I'd wait for the rework to decide.

1 0
Score : 164

just ...just  play what you enjoy , goddamit 

0 -4
Score : 2101

If I knew what I wanted to play then I wouldn't have made this thread.

1 0
Score : 9501

"1.  So question one with all this in mind!  Is a tank focused Fogger able to fit the role of main tank at the same level of ease as a Feca?"
Absoloutly not, but that is because Feca is so omnipotent in its abilities, nothing touches it, that is why Feca is undergoing a rework

"2. How do Tank Foggers focused on CC compare with Pandawas in terms of map control?  Is this another case of Foggers being just passable in comparison?"
They don't compare, Like Feca with tanking, no class compares to Panda in terms of map control in the slightest, Fogger has some Positioning and Mobility with its spells, but they aren't comparable.

3.  I guess this is more of an opinion question.  If I wanted to class change something to Cra, what do people feel like would be a good second choice here?
If you're going to class change anything into a Cra it would be your Osa or Elio, i wouldn't even class change personally.

4.  Should I class change something to Enu go to with my Eni?  Or is there another great combo among my characters that fill the support role just as well as Eni+Enu?
Should? No. Would you like to? Your call.

End note:
So here's the thing, with the introduction of the enchanting system, build diversity skyrocketed
The amount of stats you could get from rune slots tripled, allowing many MANY more options and classes with prior underwhelming build choices because viable
What's more? Dungeons are so diverse that the "meta team" for every dungeon changes for each dungeon
Unless you have 20 lv200 characters spread across 2 accounts all with perfect gear sets, your team will NEVER be Meta for every content
Not to mention Feca's rework will spit on the meta and kick it down the stairs
You could argue that there are meta roles, Debuffer Healer Tank Positioner DD
But there are many classes that can fill every one of those roles

Effectively, after 1.68:

Asriah|2020-06-08 04:26:25
Yeah I understand what the 1.68 changes mean for the meta.  In regards to Foggers vs Feca I wanted to know if pure tank Fogger is still inferior to Feca post update... which sounds like it probably is.  Which makes me feel like Foggers in general got kinda screwed with their rework.  Of course I understand how a lot of stuff can be fine with enough gear farm, like enchanting.  But this is something I have to consider since I have a Feca already anyways.

Every tank will be inferior to Feca until the rework
Its not that Fogger isn't a good tank, it's an AMAZING Tank, while also being a very strong DD
Let me put it this way
Compared to Feca? Fogger struggles
Compared to Sacrier or Panda? Fogger is at the same level if not a bit higher than Panda

New Fogger excels as a tank in most categories, it doesn't have much in the way of positioning, but it makes up for that in sheer armour generation, resist levels and the Blockades
1 0
Score : 3881

You are correct and I don't like it

0 0
Score : 1489

From a pure meta view i think having two pseudo tanks will remain a strong option in most content. How feca turns out after the revamp remains to be seen, but its gonna be a decrease in power. For high level content i think there will always be a heavy focus on map control, positioning and even kiting (avoiding damage by running basically) (for real high stasis), therefore future meta teams might revolve around a sacrier and panda as tanks. 

For the Foggernaut class in general, the revamp made it a bit more interesting. For me personally it paved the way into being able to do the Shadofang ultiamte boss at a much higher stasis as i could previously do. This is due to its increased damage after a bunch of turns however, for this instance my fogger needs 6 turns to be able to do more damage as before the revamp. Which is why i would not consider it in a normal dungeon setting, for content like that a Cra is a more competitive pick. I would not consider a tank fogger at all if you are looking for meta oriented teams btw. Having a Cra/Xelor (good distance damage dealing picks) seem to work well with a more melee oriented damage dealer as a sram or iop. For support you are kinda locked into picking Eni for heals and Enu for resistance removal and additional map control through minus mp mechanics. I would have supported the idea of trying to use other support characters like Sadida, but sadly the upcoming revamp is also gonna affect the Sadida in terms of it being a nerf. 

1 0
Respond to this thread