FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

I’m incredibly saddened by the poor and boring state of rogue.

By seervbotnecro - MEMBER - April 30, 2020, 22:31:04

Rogue used to be my favorite class.
Reading this entire thing. Is more fun and has more synergy than all of rogue class.

Unfortunately the state of rogue right now... is boring, one dimensional, and lacks build archetypes.

Essentially Rogue’s are just bomb and boot boot bomb boot boot bomb boot bomb boot boot bomb bomb bomb boot boot boot bomb boot boot bomb bomb boot boot bomb bomb boot boot bomb bomb boot boot bomb boot boot bomb bomb boot boot
Boot bomb bomb boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb boot Boot bomb bomb boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb boot boot Boot bomb bomb boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb boot boot Boot bomb bomb boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb boot boot Boot bomb bomb boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Boot bomb bomb boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot boot bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb boot boot bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb boot boot boot

Rogue’s used to have variety.

You could play a mobile single target melee
Or a resist cutting distance based on earth.

Sadly This is not the case... as even those trees rely on bombs.. and poorly.

Long sword is garbage. What connections can you copy that is even worth taking rogue master?

Execute is garbage.. you have to throw ten bombs for it to be even useful and by then you mind as well just blow up your bombs and kill everything.

Evenescence shouldn’t have a cooldown. And it doesn’t even work unless you land right next to the enemy.

If you move. You don’t get extra air damage. If you are in melee range but a square off it doesn’t work.

And don’t get me started in lack of crits.

Sure you can boomerang then use one attack. But the ap cost for boomerang is too high.

You can’t use it to combo anything other than one attack.

You can’t boomerang double bbq ribs.
Boomerang execute is worthless because again... you mind as well just explode your bombs.

I’m extremely pissed about the lack of options this class has.

Don’t get me started on powder wall. It has a cooldown? Why????

9 -1
Reactions 7
Score : 8818

Along with Eniripsa, Rogue is one of my favorite class. I like the idea of distracting the enemy, obstructing movement, sabotage and being sneaky with all sorts of gadgets, but the class isn't optimum anymore. It just doesn't fit. An important thing is that the class doesn't have sinergy with others, they are just relegated to charge bombs at the corner and then try to succed  on transporting them to right next to the enemies (which can be VERY tricky if you don't have the robot active) to explode them and start the rotation again.

I've tried a lot of combinations and builds with the class but the class gameplay is way too fragile, they depend on a fragile summon that they must protect and buff in order to appear 2 turns laters to deal high damage. By the time the moment of glory of the Rogue arrive, the fight has ended.

Seeing the current state of the class, I've decided to mainly focus on giving support to the team buffing their damage and positioning some targets when needed, but that's it. It is pretty much impossible to play on some dungeons such as Cocodriles and karnivore plants at Moon Island.

It is saddening to see how the developers restricted the class so much when in every other MMORPG, Rogues/Tricksters/Cannoners/Bandits are the most enjoyable classes to use and which, in my opinion, offer the developers a lot creative space (?) to work with.

For me, Rogues should be designed differently around a gameplay that revolves around sabotage rather than just blowing up stuff and nothing else. Spells that lets you consume bombs to change the effect of your shots, cannons that take 1 turn to charge and can release a big explosion on the targeted area on the next turn (similar to Elio's Barrier spell), headshots, crippling shots, hazards such as caltrops, mines, sticky bombs, they need variety.

It really sucks to see how their only viable gameplay (bombs, according to Ankama) isn't viable on the majority of the game .

2 -1
Score : 1

Play with the rune that reduce 10% damage until the 10th skill

1 -1
Score : 1334

Rogues damage out put is impressive. Carrying the title of best nuker in the game is no small feat. But it does come at a cost. Rogue is possibly one of the least interactive classes and its low flexibility renders it unusable in some cases. All rogue combos take turns to pull off and don't really pay off until the last one, but unlike Panda, who may be stacking dizzy for a few turns, rogues frailty doesn't allow it to shine in some cases.
Going back to that low flexibility thing. Rogue has gone through a change that makes it a one build class. One build has such high potential and such good damage that all other builds are sub-optimal or even bad. Before the rework, and I feel like this goes for a lot of classes nowadays, the rogues individual trees had different archtypes. Air was mobility and melee damage, get in hit get out. Earth was a stationary mortar that could pump out pretty decent damage numbers. Fire was all about bombs, moving bombs protecting, putting bombs where they need to be. I don't mean to say rogue was better before the rework. It was still a middling class with decent damage and frailty problems as well as commitment issues with fusillade and fire wall. Needing to maintain firewall in a good place to gain crit and damage.
the class was never perfect but it could be a lot more varied than this

2 0
Score : 3840

I think it's bigest problem is the xelor problem, it's a high combo class,  so untill you get more then 8AP, all your turns are really lame because you can only pull off half of the 12 AP combo you can do at higher lvls each turn and the class needs at least a 20 AP combo to do good damage, so your bombs will probably die in the 4 turns before you are ready (not to mention the boss will destroy bombs near him every few turns)

0 -2
Score : 1016

Bomb Rogue is a sow and reap type of character.

If yu have played Trapper Srams or Rogues in Dofus, Bomb Rogues are very satisfying to play.
Rogue fans find great joy in setting up their brutal combo and then nuking the boss with 5k damage per bomb. 
Bomb Rogues are also balanced by the fact that they require setup to deal enormous damage.

I only wish that Ankama buffs Pulsar Rogue again so people who don't like Bomb Rogue much can go back to direct damage Rogues. 

I really like Pulsar Rogues back when Bombs were bad. 

0 0
Score : 8818

Take into consideration that the thread was made back in 20th April before the Rogue rework and the implementation of many of their passive spells, now it is a very fun class to play since you no longer need to babysit your bombs the whole battle as before and has a more independent gameplay

Yeah, a buff to pulsar would be nice

0 0
Respond to this thread