FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Boss invulnerable states

By xmetalcorex - MEMBER - August 05, 2017, 19:43:02

Hello fellow wakfunians,

So I just ran Wabbit dungeon (126) and Abondoned Cawwot Stoweroom (lvl 141) today and noticed a small flaw in their mechanics, which doesn't make sense to me.

So fullfilling the condition to make the boss vulnerable doesn't last a whole turn and refreshes on the start of the boss's turn.

This begs the question for me ,why ?

Let's assume we have a 6 man group an following scenario:

player 6 is the only one who can procs vulnerable condition consistly , player 6 -> can damage the boss .
start of boss's turn -> invulnerable sate 

making player 1 - 5 never able to the damage the boss, which in my opinion really slows down the dungeon unnecessarly so it punishes players with high initiative (which is typically a DD),  rendering them useless of fullfilling their intended purpose.

Instead it should last a turn in the sense like this:

player 6 procs vulnerable state.
at the start of player 6 turn the boss becomes ilvunerable again.
Resulting in the ability for everyone in the team to damage the boss if needed. 

the reason why I say this because almost always you have to fullfill these conditions as a team and you should be rewarded as such.

Don't get me wrong but I don't understand why Ankama fixed that issue in Dofus, but never had the idea to change that in Wakfu. 

One could argue that some conditions are too easy and shouldn't be rewarded with such a big reward, but in my humble opinion the vulnerable condition should be changed then accordingly.

Regardless, have a nice day! 

Ketsu

1 0
Reactions 2
Score : 3965

i do admit invulnerabilities that reset on boss's turn force a huge initiative reorganisation,that often implies regearing,or changing characteristic pages,some people may claim that initiative play should be encouranged ,or other just want ini to get deleted (lol) ,but changing for it to reset on the player that removed the invulnerability's turn will indeed be a satisfying progress too

i do say that because the ethernal dungeon boss have the same kind of mechanic,that implies a conditional invulnerability,that when removed,goes back to normal at the end of his own turn,and when your first playing positioner get sniper,it usually turn into a really unsatisfying bossfight,specially for high stasis dungeons

0 0
Score : 547

i do admit invulnerabilities that reset on boss's turn force a huge initiative reorganisation,that often implies regearing,or changing characteristic pages,some people may claim that initiative play should be encouranged ,or other just want ini to get deleted (lol) ,but changing for it to reset on the player that removed the invulnerability's turn will indeed be a satisfying progress too

well I do think Ini is a good stat but not broken by any means, also players should be able to adjust their turn pos via gear, characteristics and passive If needed for certain group comps (e.g. you want your DD's to be faster then your eni, to take out high priority targets or just to be able to AoE better ).

So i doesn't become a necessity or even a liabilty because of it.

Tactics should matter and not the time you started.

2 0
Respond to this thread