FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

I am a noob and I keep failing at the last fight of the tutorial. Please help!

By January 05, 2014, 19:11:47

Hello! I'm a new player. I really want to get into this game, because I loved playing Dofus for a long time awhile back. The problem is that I am apparently not very good at tactical combat. Either that, or I'm doing something wrong. I just can't seem to defeat the Dark Wabbit or whatever it's called in the Wind Room at the end of the tutorial! No matter what, I always seem to die. I didn't think I missed anything in the tutorial- I understand how movement works, spells, fighting, and whatnot. But clearly, I am doing something wrong.

I'm not sure what it is. I'm currently level 6, I've got 106 HP, but for some reason I die each and every time I try that battle. It's gotten infuriating. Do you guys have any tips for me? What strategies worked for you? Do you know what I might be doing wrong? (I have noticed this 'dodging' popup in the corner, but it doesn't say how to dodge. Maybe that has something to do with it?)

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 999

Dodge comes into play when you want to walk away from an adjacent opponent. It allows you to move away from a spot.

So... How -do- you end up dying? Are you just getting pummeled by the wodents running around?

0 0
Score : 943

My advice is to find a friend to do the Wodent dungeon with you (that makes it hella easy) or you tackle the Dark Wodent boss first until it's been defeated. I've used both methods and both have been successful!

0 0
Score : 44

I get pummeled generally. At first, I tried taking out the dark wodent first- I got destroyed by being attacked 4 times in one turn. Then, I went back and tried to take out the wodents first. I figured, I get rid of them relatively quickly and then that's 2 less attacks on each turn. The mama wodent just healed them every time and I eventually died. So then, I figured I'd get rid of the mama, then the little wodents, then take down the dark wodent. Well, because of the way the mama wodent is positioned in the battle, there's practically no way to get close enough to attack without being pushed into the traps. So then I end up with -10 or -20 damage from the traps alone, and all 4 of them are still able to attack me on pretty much every turn, so with that strategy I die almost immediately. So I am not sure exactly what to do. I'll probably get a friend.

0 0
Score : 999

Either way, it's great to see that you're strategizing this early in the game.

When I started, I skipped the tutorial and just low-browed my way through the first levels in Astrub. Bludgeoning cats and birds without much strategy. Get a friend, or get some more HP (levels or wodent gear) and bust through. You're gonna have a nice future smile 

0 0
Score : 24794

Count Dark Wodent MP or hover mouse over him to see how far it might move in its turn. Stay 1 cell away from that. Use air spells and keep moving away. When the opportunity comes aim to kill the pink wodent (the one that heals) also with air spell. You can try to make it waste the heal by hurting o ther wodent once and use remaing AP to inflict dmg to her or you might just aim to kill her first. Do note that other wodents might block the way for the pink wodent to reach the dark wodent, so it won't heal it up. It might happen once or twice so its your adventage. Dont try to do it all the time as it will be simply not always possible. Use your side or back to "lure" enemy to the wanted cell - this is how you work with AI. They will prefer to hit you "not in front" if they could. Also if you don't want to be pushed to the negative cells try to trick their AI to make one of them move to the opposite side of the other one that push you - this way you will suffer pushback dmg but you will not move. It might help you kill the wanted wodent of your choice (the pink one for example). Also keep in mind you have also weapon to use wich dmages in aoe (it may hit few enemies if you aim well). Using that weapon on pink wodent while dmging another one is smart. Oh and once you kill the pink wodent you might want to actually dodge and run - show your back to one of the enemies and it will push you, making the next wodent unable to reach you with its MP. Make sure to attack before dodging though or else you might loose the opportunity to attack when you get locked in place.

Oh and make them come to you in first turn - dont run to make them the first one to attack. You can move closer just stay 1 cell from their possible movement distance.

Hope it helps. Its solo-able.

1 0
Score : 839

They give you the axe in the quest that make AoE, so wear it before fight. When they surround you, use it. also dont rush into them.

0 0
Respond to this thread