FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How to Kill MERKATOR

By IvanSouza - MEMBER - October 22, 2013, 08:48:18

Hi everyone. I will post a simple strategy to kill Mekartor, if anyone want to add pictures or comments go ahead.

Ok, you don't really need a Healer for this fight, since the damage is low or 1 hit KO.

Here is the 3 basic mechanic:

1 - In 8 Turns he will transform into THE MERKATOR and kill everyone, its a "enrage" mechanic.

2 - Every turn he will put a buff on EVERYONE on the field, either Wakfu, Stasis or Neutral.

3 - Every Turn he will have a different "Energetic Protection" (example PROT 2 Front charged with Wakfu, side stasis, back wakfu).

So how to kill him ? Read his Energetic Protection and your Charge.

A - You can only do damage on the side of the opposite state you are.
Example: If you have Stasis Charge you can only hit where he is charged with Wakfu, in case of PROT 2 you can hit him in the back or front. Neutral can do damage in any side.

B - Spread out, if you have the opposite Charge or aura of anyone (including pets, bots,Dhellers) and stand on a range bigger than a Circle (2 squares sides back and front 1 diagonals) you WILL INSTA KILL this person. If you have the same charge nothing happens, but remember that next turn he will swap it.

C - Neutral State gives a 400% Bonus damage aura, same area as mentioned above, use it carefully

Side Note: He kills your pets even full HP, already called PETA, but im too tired to report another bug, just bring osamodas powder.

Mirajane Strauss
Ivan Vanko

7 0
Reactions 12
Score : 4540

Are you unable to hit him with neutral state?

0 0
Score : 2429
axemangx|2013-10-22 12:03:50
Are you unable to hit him with neutral state?

Edited, sorry i forgot to mention as Neutral you can DD from any side.
0 0
Score : 1198

Do you have any idea what´s up with people randomly dying in the field?

0 0
Score : 19155
Sentrayak|2013-10-22 22:32:16

That would be walking inside allied auras, or being in them, i imagine.
0 0
Score : 3401

Hmmm, do bombs and microbots etc have auras too? That would explain a fogger and rogue death i had.

0 0
Score : 2429
HakazabaJub|2013-10-23 00:22:51
Hmmm, do bombs and microbots etc have auras too? That would explain a fogger and rogue death i had.

I was my Cybot Haka, Microbots and bombs dont get the Charge.

TommyTrouble|2013-10-22 23:42:42
Sentrayak|2013-10-22 22:32:16

That would be walking inside allied auras, or being in them, i imagine.

Yes. Circle area Charge and Aura.
0 0
Score : 3399

dials and hydrands do receive states pretty much, so i would say take care using those at the merkator

0 0
Score : 58

Bomb explosion damage doesn't seem to be able to hit Merkator regardless of of which charge/side you're hitting him from. Has this happened to anybody else?

0 0
Score : 15804

Thank you very much.

Saddy's totem gets the Wakfu/Stasis aura so be extra careful.

Merkator has 2 mp and an attract spell, he also inflicts the bound state which stops movement and movement spells this can be removed using an eni's eniraser spells. On the map there are various pipes I would suggest using these as cover if you are worried about being attracted.

What happen to my team once is he attached someone with a different state so KO-ed two players.

Merkator has 550% resistance as the chance of getting the netural state is purely random I would strongly suggest getting players with high plus damage and high base damage.

As the Merkator attracts and players need to constantly change sides to hit my team found it difficult to use more than one close range characters.

Also this fight is a lot of fun once you understand it biggrin.

0 0
Score : 5181
Cpbcpbcpb|2013-10-23 03:37:14
Bomb explosion damage doesn't seem to be able to hit Merkator regardless of of which charge/side you're hitting him from. Has this happened to anybody else?

Yeah this is a common problem.

This fight shows what happens with higher drop rates btw. Dropped 2 helmets, 6 belts, 3 rings and 2 boots in our first attempt. Never have to go there again...
0 0
Score : 19155
Shaleigh1|2013-10-29 07:38:12
Cpbcpbcpb|2013-10-23 03:37:14

Yeah this is a common problem.

This fight shows what happens with higher drop rates btw. Dropped 2 helmets, 6 belts, 3 rings and 2 boots in our first attempt. Never have to go there again...
Sell stuff. Crush for runes. Save for dress up on alts. Save for maybe someday minisymbic insignias. Etc.
0 0
Score : 78

Actually you can have HUGE damage bonuses if you toy a little with the auras, as well as dying miserably. Here's how it works :
-the auras are circle two
-if you get wakfu or stasis charge+opposite aura both die immediately.
-if you get wakfu aura+stasified legs, the malus loses 1 level (can make the stasified legs disappear)
-stasis aura+stasified legs makes the state rank up (level one to two, can not make the state appear on your char)
-neutral aura is circle one. If you have a wakfu/stasis charge (charge, not aura, and two neutrals don't interact) and step in the aura you get 400% all damage as long as you stay in the aura (we got our Iop to 1086% air damage, was quite fun)
-wakfu/stasis charge+same aura gives you 150% all damage.

Now little tricks :
-Wakfu/Stasis auras are applied for the whole turn of the character, use this to get your 150% dmg.
-death happens instantly if opposite charge/auras mix up (even with movements [not teleportation] spells such as Super iop punch, sacrier's fist...), so try to be careful with your positionning (the boss can move you as well). So, try to position your chars 2+squares away from each other to see who gets which aura (40% stasis, 40% wakfu, 20% neutral) before doing anything.

Once you know all this (and what was said on the first post), you should have no problem killing him in two turns.

Sincerly,
a french player.

1 0
Respond to this thread