FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why Am I An Iop?

By IDCAA - MEMBER - July 15, 2013, 05:06:23

You change me into an Iop, but you don't change my blasted health? How useless is that? Not only is the quest in the chain of quests that begins at level 100 in Chillberg seemingly lazy and bland, it also takes away from your enjoyment of the new area by being badly designed.

As per my experience with it, the more people you add (I've tried 2) the more spawns come out. Why change me into a damned Iop, with ridiuculous skills, if you don't also intend on modifying my: 1) HP and, 2) Passives? The game becomes a silly gamble that appears to do you well only if you play an extremely tanky class will good passives.

The monster tactics see that you not only take increased damage with your still default HP, but you continually lose your AP and MP from monsters with Lock and Dodge bonuses that go through the roof... What is this?

It's a good concept, but needs A LOT more work. Design the thing to be properly soloed without having to bring more friends which will then in turn spawn MORE monsters that will just kill you and your team that much more faster. Also, what the blast is the point of getting healed for 49-50 HP with monsters hitting and critting you for over 400+ dmg PER turn? (I have fairly high resist on my Foggernaut too)...?

Of course, this quest can be easily exploited. Get a really high lvled friend who is an IOP(at least), btw, to do it while you sit out of battle and watch the fight. You get the reward. How stupid is that? Fix the blasted thing please, or don't bother attempting to be creative with garbage half assedly done.

I am vexed—but in good spirits, though Christ.

0 -1
Reactions 8
Score : 2116

Wait let me get this right

so you are complaining that you still have your fogger passives which give like 20% hp and 20% resists and not have the iop passives that only give 20% hp?

The quest isnt all that hard, you might have to borrow a resist set, but really wearing milkar is enough to beat this.

Avoid getting hit by those Brutes by jumping away, Archers dont hit all that hard if you have the right resists (water mostly)

I solo'ed it on like every char and most of them are not as tanky as a foggernaut

0 0
Score : 3401

If i can do it with my saddida, you can.

0 0
Score : 3692
Chrolo|2013-07-15 05:35:09

so you are complaining that you still have your fogger passives which give like 20% hp and 20% resists and not have the iop passives that only give 20% hp?

The quest isnt all that hard, you might have to borrow a resist set, but really wearing milkar is enough to beat this.

Avoid getting hit by those Brutes by jumping away, Archers dont hit all that hard if you have the right resists (water mostly)

I solo'ed it on like every char and most of them are not as tanky as a foggernaut
Thanks for the input. I don't remember asking for Iop specific passives though. I suppose a water resistant set would be great, but I think my resists are pretty good as is, as I'm earth. I think what's getting me is when those skells respawn, they're like, super empowered, and I just drop regardless of tactics. Having your AP taken is after all a percentage and won't be the same for everyone. I happen to have mine taken every chance they get. I guess at some point you have to just keep running some how. I give it a few more tries.

Edit: Belive it or not, took 2 tries ( had some unlucky blocks), but I was able to complete it on the 2nd try. Really had no clue what was gonna happen, I avoided the melee one, and just prayed that 3rd archer didn't rez, it didn't, and the main summoner attacked and I guess the quest ended.

Seems a bit too random though, still not a fan. Thanks again.
0 0
Score : 15803

I didn't really read all of the post.

I thought this quest was actually fun.

You got to play as a Dofus Iop complete with the some of items spells admittedly with much high base damage and no cast limits. As an eni who does have a single decent damage spells without unnatural remedies it made a nice change.

For me personally I also enjoyed the nostalgia as I used to borrow my friends Dofus Iop account back in the day 10 AP and mooset (the range was OP).

It would have been nice to make it more of a actual fight but surviving was also a mild challenge.

1 0
Score : 2116
IDCAA|2013-07-15 07:51:46
Chrolo|2013-07-15 05:35:09

Thanks for the input. I don't remember asking for Iop specific passives though. I suppose a water resistant set would be great, but I think my resists are pretty good as is, as I'm earth. I think what's getting me is when those skells respawn, they're like, super empowered, and I just drop regardless of tactics. Having your AP taken is after all a percentage and won't be the same for everyone. I happen to have mine taken every chance they get. I guess at some point you have to just keep running some how. I give it a few more tries.

Edit: Belive it or not, took 2 tries ( had some unlucky blocks), but I was able to complete it on the 2nd try. Really had no clue what was gonna happen, I avoided the melee one, and just prayed that 3rd archer didn't rez, it didn't, and the main summoner attacked and I guess the quest ended.

Seems a bit too random though, still not a fan. Thanks again.
Ah there we have the problem. You better not kill those chafers. If they res they buff every chafer on the map and thats really not good for you.

Best bet is to just run away and hide while not killing them, when you're alone
0 0
Score : 474

LoL seriously why crying me river? That quest is super easy

0 0
Score : 24795

I have to say i enjoyed this quest and i think it's a bit too short if you ask me.
The fight itself was easy - did it the first try on my Sadida but maybe its because of my water resist (224%).
The only difficulty was that those archers were permanently removing my AP but the fight ended before i got to the situation where i would feel i am a gonner.

I like the tactical aspect of Wakfu and therefore i enjoyed this quest.

p.s. Funny thing is that once you turn to an iop... you become male iop even if your character was female, but you keep the female emotes animation (and you keep your face).

0 0
Score : 704

i had trouble doing this when i was doing the quest line(which i found really enjoyable and fun to be honest ^^) and i was told about a neat trick to do the fight, dont worry about hitting anything, Just JUMP around like a damn coney, litterally if u hop from corner to corner keeping the monsters away from u for the 5 turns u are fine, u dont actually NEED to hit anyone or anything, just endure 5 turns. which is suprisingly easy

0 0
Respond to this thread