FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Citronana Fruit Growth

By TommyTrouble - MEMBER - July 10, 2012, 10:10:57

I've not been able to get citronanas to grow fruit either in my haven bag, on calimar, or in gnashville in Brakmar, and that's even with the trees maturing to adult, ideal temperatures at least part of the day, and such...

Does the fruit not grow in haven bags?

Is it possible I've just been missing the fruit growing (other folks may have harvested it each time before I visited) .....Or have others not had any luck of late getting the citronana fruit to grow?

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : 1100

To get Citronanas to grow, if they don't spawn on planting, trim the trees and wait, and repeat until they spawn. It's random, and its the same way with cashews/mahogany, but this will surely make your efforts more 'fruitful.' It's also best to do it with a large patch. smile

Hope this was helpful.

--Zero Gravity

0 0
Score : 19149

Ah, wonderful! A question however- once fruit begins to spawn on a specific tree, need I continue to trim it to encourage future fruit spawns, or is a tree, once giving fruit, able to regenerate automatically new fruit?

Thanks!

0 0

yes, continue to trim it. the Mahogany trees automatically degrade when harvested of the cashews, but citronanas do not, so after harvesting the citronans, trim the tree again.

0 0
Score : 3607

thank you so much i had the same issue, just thought the game was broken as usual. a bit disappointed with the answer but atleast i know

0 0
Score : 215

Is it really as rare as it seems to get a Citronana fruit to grow? I seem to trim many trees to only have one or two sprout the fruit... I can't believe they would make something such a pain. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong? Or will I just have to wait a lot to get the mats I need?

0 0
Score : 3607
FrankthePegasus|2012-07-15 00:28:55
Is it really as rare as it seems to get a Citronana fruit to grow? I seem to trim many trees to only have one or two sprout the fruit... I can't believe they would make something such a pain. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong? Or will I just have to wait a lot to get the mats I need?
idk i gave up on my dreams after reading this, now i run around aimlessly
0 0
Score : 8265

it doesn't make any sense that you have to trim the tree to get citronanas/cashews to spawn when you harvest those with the farmer profession. I would consider that a bug and make a report about it anyway, because that's very strange. Palmito hearts and hazel nuts don't work this way.

0 0
It doesn't help that someone keeps cutting down all of the citronana I keep planting in Yurbut, rather than leaving it alone.

Seems like once I said how it works, no one wants to keep the trees around. <_< 
0 0
Score : 18164

Well you get the options of 1 - 4 fruits being harvested, I believe. But if you think that's a pain in the arse, go get some Chefish. They were completely unharvestable for the first like four or five months of the game. Now you're luck to get 1 or 2 every 500 fish you fish up. =) Just saying.

Xander-is-Kander|2012-07-15 19:23:14
it doesn't make any sense that you have to trim the tree to get citronanas/cashews to spawn when you harvest those with the farmer profession. I would consider that a bug and make a report about it anyway, because that's very strange. Palmito hearts and hazel nuts don't work this way.

It's a rare harvest just like any of the high level special woods, the special ores, golden wheat grains or anything like that that has a special chance of spawning. It's not a bug. It's a "rare" occurrence just like getting Dark Vlad in the maze at the fair, or getting the duck or the duck insignia... or getting a Moowolf Bell to drop...

Obviously people forget what "rare" or "special" harvests mean.

Citronana fruit was uncommon but not rare when the game launched. Now it is rare. That's the only thing that changed. Don't like the extra time it takes to get cashews or citronanas, then buy them instead of harvest them. I'm sure it would take less time to mine the kamas in order to buy them then it would be to farm them yourself. =) But remember, being a rare harvest, they're going to be worth a lot more than a dumpy old hazel nut or a palmito heart. ^_~
0 0
Score : 8265

I know what rare and special spawns are. How are you so sure it's intended to be a rare spawn? The developers never made a formal announcement about increasing it's rarity. It could just as easily just not be spawning correctly and that has gotten worse over time.

0 0
Score : 144

I have no problems waiting to harvest. I guess I didn't realize they were supposed to be a rare spawn to begin with! It shocked me, especially since you need a lvl 70 farmer and a lvl 65 lumberjack just to get the chance to collect one. It seems a bit excessive to me, and is more than any other gather in the game. I'm not sure that's what Ankama meant, and if it is, I don't think it very fair.

I've been pretty diligently collecting them in my haven bag for about a month (one with 5 garden slots in it - many trees), and only have about 25 citronanas to my name. I never see them on the market, but have advised the person I'm helping to purchase if he ever does. But like I said, it seems nobody is willing to sell them.

0 0
Score : 18164

No one can use the 'it might not have been planned from the start!' thing here... because CASHEWS ARE THE SAME WAY. I doubt both of these are bugs. If you believe that they are bugs Xander, report them. Just because Ankama never made a formal announcement about something doesn't make it a bug. Ankama never made a formal announcement about not having to select yourself now for using breads or candies from your hotkey bar, but it's still like that, when it used to be that you had to select yourself each time. They also didn't make any announcement about the chefish, but I'm sure you might notice their presence in the game finally.

Just because Ankama doesn't say something doesn't mean Ankama doesn't DO something. They changed the harvest level on it, so why not change its spawn as well? Or did you not even notice the harvest levels had changed for citronana?

Either way, AS OF NOW, The Citronana are set up on a rare spawn and you have to keep clipping to get them to show up. The end.

I have collected all of 3 citronana since the citronana spawns were changed. I was lucky that I was one of the people harvesting citronanas before it was changed, so I have over 200 of them.

Maybe Ankama will change it, maybe they won't... but there are all kinds of 'rare spawns' in the game now. Citronanas "changing" is something that I highly doubt is a bug. But like I said, if anyone thinks otherwise, they have report buttons and ticket systems for a reason.

Good luck with your citronana harvesting.

0 0
Respond to this thread