By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

End-of-the-World Party!

By Ike-Algernon December 29, 2011, 03:16:24

The End of Nox is near...

...lets gather one last time!

Yes, January 4th is when the latest patch will come out...followed by a clean wipe of all our characters and the beginning of Open Beta.

So I say, We celebrate our last chance in Nox.
Together.

An End-of-the-World Party for our beloved Nox server is just what he need to get excited about Open Beta and the long awaited Launch ahead.

(I'm not sure if "Nox" will be replaced due to the "Name your Server" contest, btw.)

Have you been wanting to challenge someone but never found the chance? Now is your chance. Now is your ONLY chance.

Obviously this will be the last time these characters can be used.
This will be the best time to settle any arguments about "Who is the Champ?"

But aside from PK'ing ourselves to death, this would be a really fun day for everyone who has been here from the beginning and talking about all the nonsense that has been created in the past year. Think about it, we helped create Nox to what it is today. We should celebrate its destruction.

SO.

When: Jan. 2, 2012 12:00pm - 12:00am EST *
Where: Center of Astrub *

*Subject to change if requested.

Absolutely Everybody is invited. There will be no discriminating among guilds;
we want EVERYONE.

(•‿•)
Sincerely, Sir Ike.

1 0
Reactions 42
Score : 1349

I absolutely love this! However Wouldn't it be cool if everyone counted down to server shut down? Just a suggestion. Either way I will defiantly be there.

0 0
Score : 782
popcornography|2011-12-29 03:20:24
I absolutely love this! However Wouldn't it be cool if everyone counted down to server shut down? Just a suggestion. Either way I will defiantly be there.
I like that idea...do you know when exactly the maintenance will happen? Like the time of day/night?
0 0
Score : 1469

Most likely 8 AM EST / 5 AM PST on January 4th if it follows the usual schedule.

0 0
Score : 4400

Yay party! :3

I'll try my best to be there. ^-^

0 0
Score : 1674

Woot Party!!

0 0
Pzwn|2011-12-29 03:29:32
Most likely 8 AM EST / 5 AM PST on January 4th if it follows the usual schedule.
Ah, thats really early on both coasts. I'd love a countdown but I know I wouldnt be able to make it to that part of the party. :c
0 0
Score : 3422
Ike-Algernon|2011-12-29 03:16:24
When: Jan. 2, 2012 12:00pm - 12:00am EST

Why not the 3rd?
0 0
Tavish-DeGroot|2011-12-29 03:48:40
Ike-Algernon|2011-12-29 03:16:24
When: Jan. 2, 2012 12:00pm - 12:00am EST

Why not the 3rd?
I like Mondays, but if we want it on Tuesday I see no reason not to. It's really just rough draft kind of date; its open to change.
0 0
Score : 4400
Tavish-DeGroot|2011-12-29 03:48:40

Why not the 3rd?
That's my fault. ohmy

In the other thread, I suggested January 2 from about 6:00 PM - 12:00 midnight EST, as I wasn't sure exactly how closed beta would end. (It was clear from the letter that open beta would begin on January 4th, but not necessarily that closed beta would end on the 4th.)

Given that, I also didn't know what time of day closed beta would end. (Pzwn gave a rough estimate of 5 AM PST; I haven't been keeping up with patch times, but I'll take Pzwn's word for it that that's a typical patch time.)

Even with a rough time, I still wasn't sure in my original suggestion how long this patch would be, considering that it's going to be more than a typical patch. I've been playing a few MMOs lately that had a downtime of nearly a week between closed and open beta. So with that in mind, I wasn't really sure how this transition would take place. (Sorry if I'm wrong about this, but I believe the French and international version are already in open beta? D: Does anyone know how that process took place? ^^; )

While I really would have liked the party to be at the very final hours (a countdown would be very cool, like popcornography said happy), I just felt like we didn't know quite enough about the end to properly form the party around it. D: At least, not yet. xD

Like Ike has in the main post, though, I don't think it'd be much of a problem to change the time if people agree that there's a better time. :3

Having it on the 3rd would give us more time to get the word out. happy I just didn't want:

*Gets home from work, ready for Wakfu party.*

*Sees servers are down in preparation for beta on the 4th.*

"FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-----"

to happen to people. @[email protected]; (Which, again, may all just be pointless worrying if other people know a little more about how this will work. ^^; )
0 0
Score : 487

We should at all listen to this at the party.

End Of Year Song 

1 0
Score : 1047

awesome, happy about the time too... I don't have school on monday biggrin
(btw.... not sure if i remember correctly, but isn't it impossible to attack other players while in astrub? I remember it saying something like "you can't attack this player now- wait for them at their nation's exit!" )

and @dgho: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiwL3WZgvek]Click here
IT WILL MELT YOUR BRAIN AND BE STUCK IN YOUR HEAD FOREVER. xD

...I can't get the video to link.Whatever. xD

1 0
Score : 3283
OminousFantasy|2011-12-29 06:20:55
(btw.... not sure if i remember correctly, but isn't it impossible to attack other players while in astrub? I remember it saying something like "you can't attack this player now- wait for them at their nation's exit!" )
You can't attack people, but you can still challenge them to duels.
0 0
Dgho|2011-12-29 06:17:02
We should at all listen to this at the party.

End Of Year Song
XD I love it
0 0
Score : 8054

Sorry I've already decided my end of the world song~
Click here ph34r

2 0
Score : 1469

I thought I heard something about Ankama planning to patch in "Til The World Ends" by Britney Spears looping throughout every zone for the final 24 hours. wink 

0 0
Score : 1014

I haven't been here as long as most but i am in. i would really love to see who all was in the beta team b4 open beta starts. ^^

IGN: DragonMaster

0 0

LOL Bypn, you troll. XD

0 0
C4ssidy|2011-12-29 07:26:10
Sorry I've already decided my end of the world song~
Click here ph34r
That song always had my heart racing when i got to the end xD

excellent choice.
0 0